If you’re looking for a simple and delicious dessert or snack, look no further than Extra Easy Cinnamon Apples. These sweet and spicy apples are a breeze to make and will satisfy your cravings for something sweet. Whether you enjoy them on their own or use them as a topping for pancakes or yogurt, these cinnamon apples are sure to become a favorite in your household.
The secret to these Extra Easy Cinnamon Apples lies in their simplicity. All you need are a few basic ingredients: apples, cinnamon, sugar, and a bit of lemon juice. The combination of the warm cinnamon and tartness of the apples creates a flavor that is both comforting and refreshing. Plus, the aroma of the cinnamon filling your kitchen as they cook will make your mouth water.
To make these Extra Easy Cinnamon Apples, start by peeling and thinly slicing your chosen variety of apples. Granny Smith apples work particularly well due to their tartness and firm texture. Once the apples are prepared, toss them in a mixture of cinnamon, sugar, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. The lemon juice helps to prevent the apples from browning and adds a touch of tanginess to the dish. Transfer the coated apples to a baking dish and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the apples are tender and slightly caramelized. Serve warm and enjoy!
Gather Your Ingredients
- Apples: Choose fresh and firm apples for the best results. You can use any variety you prefer, but Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apples work well for this recipe.
- Lemon juice: This ingredient adds a tangy flavor and also helps prevent the apples from browning.
- Brown sugar: Adds sweetness and depth of flavor to the cinnamon apples.
- Cinnamon: The star spice of this recipe, cinnamon adds warmth and a cozy aroma to the apples.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter for this recipe. It adds richness and enhances the flavor of the apples.
- Cornstarch: This helps thicken the sauce and create a nice, caramel-like consistency.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a subtle hint of vanilla, enhancing the overall flavor of the dish.
- Salt: Just a pinch of salt helps to balance the sweetness and enhance the other flavors.
- Optional toppings: You can serve the cinnamon apples with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for an extra indulgence.
Once you have gathered all of these ingredients, you are ready to start making your Extra Easy Cinnamon Apples. Make sure to follow the recipe instructions carefully to achieve the best results!
Slice and Core the Apples
Slicing the Apples
Start by washing the apples thoroughly to remove any dirt or wax. Then, using a sharp knife, carefully cut off the stem and blossom ends of the apple. Stand the apple upright on the cutting board and slice it in half vertically. You can then lay each half flat on the board and slice it into thin or thick slices, depending on your preference.
Coring the Apples
To core the apples, you can use an apple corer or a small paring knife. If using an apple corer, simply press it into the center of the apple and twist until the core is removed. If using a paring knife, start by making a vertical cut around the core, angling the knife slightly inward. Then, make another vertical cut on the opposite side of the core. Finally, use the knife to remove the core, creating a cylindrical hole in the center of the apple slice.
Once you have sliced and cored all of your apples, you can proceed with the rest of the recipe for your Extra Easy Cinnamon Apples. Enjoy!
Cooking the Cinnamon Apples
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the sliced apples to the skillet. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the apples, and then squeeze the lemon juice on top. Stir everything together so that the apples are coated with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Next, cover the skillet with a lid and let the apples cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The apples should become tender and slightly caramelized. If you prefer softer apples, you can cook them for a few more minutes. Once the apples are cooked to your desired texture, remove the skillet from the heat.
You can serve the Extra Easy Cinnamon Apples as a topping for oatmeal, pancakes, or yogurt. They also make a delicious addition to pies, tarts, and cakes. These cinnamon apples are a versatile and simple recipe that can be enjoyed as a snack or used in various dishes. The sweet and warm flavors of cinnamon pair perfectly with the natural sweetness of the apples.
Heat the Pan
To heat the pan, follow these simple instructions:
- Choose a non-stick pan or a heavy-bottomed skillet. A non-stick pan prevents the apples from sticking and makes the cooking process easier.
- Place the pan on the stove over medium heat. Preheating the pan allows it to become evenly hot, ensuring that the apples cook uniformly.
- Add a tablespoon of butter or oil to the pan. The butter or oil helps to create a rich, caramelized flavor and prevents the apples from sticking to the pan.
- Allow the butter or oil to melt and coat the bottom of the pan. This step ensures that the apples cook evenly and do not dry out.
Once the pan is properly heated, you can proceed to the next step of adding the sliced apples and cinnamon. Remember to stir the apples occasionally to prevent them from burning or sticking to the pan.
Add the Apples and Cinnamon
Next, sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon over the apples. Cinnamon not only adds a warm and comforting flavor to the dish, but it also pairs perfectly with the natural sweetness of the apples. You can adjust the amount of cinnamon according to your personal taste preferences. If you prefer a stronger cinnamon flavor, add more; if you prefer a milder taste, use less.
For added sweetness, you can also sprinkle some brown sugar or drizzle honey over the apples. This will create a delicious caramelized glaze as the apples bake. However, if you prefer a healthier option, you can omit the added sweeteners and let the natural sweetness of the apples shine through.
To ensure that the cinnamon and sweeteners are evenly distributed, gently toss the apples with a spoon or your hands. Make sure each apple slice is coated with the cinnamon and any other seasonings you have added.
|– Apples||1. Prepare the apples by peeling and slicing them.|
|– Cinnamon||2. Arrange the apple slices in a deep baking dish.|
|– Brown sugar or honey (optional)||3. Sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon over the apples.|
|4. Optional: sprinkle some brown sugar or drizzle honey over the apples for added sweetness.|
|5. Gently toss the apples to ensure even coating.|