If you’re looking for a perfect summer weekend getaway, consider visiting Kirkland, a charming city located in Washington state. With its stunning natural beauty, vibrant downtown area, and abundant outdoor activities, Kirkland has something to offer for everyone.
One of the highlights of a trip to Kirkland is exploring its picturesque waterfront. Take a leisurely stroll along the Kirkland Marina Park, where you can enjoy breathtaking views of Lake Washington and the Seattle skyline. Don’t forget to pack a picnic and relax on the sandy beach while watching boats sail by.
The downtown area of Kirkland is a hub of activity, boasting a wide array of boutique shops, art galleries, and an eclectic mix of restaurants. Spend some time meandering through Park Lane, the city’s charming pedestrian-friendly street lined with cafes, boutiques, and outdoor seating. Stop by one of the local coffee shops for a cup of freshly brewed coffee or indulge in some delicious cuisine at one of the many eateries.
Exploring Kirkland’s Stunning Parks and Waterfront
If you’re looking to spend a summer weekend in Kirkland, WA, make sure to explore the city’s stunning parks and waterfront. With its picturesque scenery and outdoor recreational opportunities, Kirkland offers the perfect escape for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
Kirkland is home to several beautiful parks that offer a variety of activities for visitors of all ages. One of the must-visit parks is Juanita Bay Park, located on the shores of Lake Washington. This park features scenic walking trails, a boardwalk, and a wildlife sanctuary. Visitors can stroll along the waterfront, take in the breathtaking views, and spot a wide range of birds and other wildlife along the way.
Another popular park in Kirkland is the Marina Park, situated right on the waterfront. This park offers a sandy beach, picnic areas, and a playground, making it a great spot for families. Additionally, Marina Park hosts various community events and festivals throughout the year, including the annual Kirkland Summerfest.
For those looking for a more adventurous experience, the Cross Kirkland Corridor is a must-visit. This former railway corridor has been transformed into a multi-use trail, perfect for walking, jogging, biking, and even horseback riding. With its scenic views and connection to other parks and neighborhoods, the Cross Kirkland Corridor provides a unique opportunity to explore Kirkland’s natural beauty.
Overall, Kirkland’s parks and waterfront offer a stunning backdrop for outdoor activities and relaxation. Whether you’re looking to go for a leisurely walk, have a picnic with family and friends, or simply enjoy the tranquility of nature, Kirkland has something to offer for everyone.
Indulging in Kirkland’s Food and Beverage Scene
One of the highlights of Kirkland’s food scene is the abundance of farm-to-table restaurants. These dining establishments pride themselves on using locally sourced, seasonal ingredients to create delicious and innovative dishes. Whether you’re craving fresh seafood, organic produce, or artisanal cheese, you’ll find it on the menus of Kirkland’s farm-to-table restaurants.
- Anthony’s HomePort: This waterfront restaurant offers breathtaking views of Lake Washington and a menu that showcases the best of the Pacific Northwest. From grilled wild Alaskan salmon to Dungeness crab cakes, Anthony’s HomePort is a must-visit for seafood lovers.
- Rúla Búla Irish Pub: If you’re in the mood for hearty Irish fare and a pint of Guinness, Rúla Búla is the place to be. This cozy pub offers classic dishes like fish and chips, shepherd’s pie, and corned beef and cabbage, all served with a side of warm Irish hospitality.
- Lady Yum Macaron & Champagne Bar: For those with a sweet tooth, a visit to Lady Yum is a must. This unique eatery specializes in macarons and bubbles, offering a delightful array of flavors and champagne pairings. Indulge in delicate macarons like lavender honey, raspberry lemonade, and salted caramel, all while sipping on a glass of bubbly.
In addition to its culinary delights, Kirkland also has a thriving craft beverage scene. The city is home to several breweries, wineries, and distilleries, making it a haven for beer, wine, and spirits enthusiasts.
- Chainline Brewing Company: This local brewery is known for its exceptional craft beers, ranging from hoppy IPAs to rich stouts. Step into their taproom and enjoy a flight of beers while chatting with the knowledgeable staff.
- Waving Tree Winery: Located in the heart of Kirkland’s wine country, Waving Tree Winery is a hidden gem that offers a variety of award-winning wines. Take a tour of the vineyard, taste their handcrafted wines, and enjoy the serene beauty of the surrounding landscape.
- 2bar Spirits: If you’re a fan of craft spirits, a visit to 2bar Spirits is a must. This small-batch distillery produces premium bourbon, vodka, and moonshine using locally sourced ingredients. Take a tour of their facility, learn about the distillation process, and sample their delicious spirits.
Whether you’re a food lover or a beverage enthusiast, Kirkland’s food and beverage scene offers a delightful array of options to please your taste buds. From farm-to-table restaurants serving fresh and local fare to breweries, wineries, and distilleries crafting exceptional beverages, Kirkland has it all.
Discovering Kirkland’s Art and Culture
One of the highlights of Kirkland’s art scene is the Kirkland Arts Center. Located in a historic building in downtown Kirkland, the center houses a gallery space that showcases rotating exhibitions of contemporary art. Visitors can admire and purchase unique artworks created by talented local artists. The center also offers art classes and workshops for adults and children, providing an opportunity to learn new techniques and unleash your creativity.
If you are a fan of performing arts, don’t miss the Kirkland Performance Center. This state-of-the-art theater hosts a variety of live performances, including music concerts, theater productions, and dance shows. The intimate venue allows for a close and immersive experience, where you can truly appreciate the talent and passion of the performers. Check the center’s schedule to see if there are any shows or events happening during your visit.