Baked penne is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for a family dinner or a gathering with friends. It is made with penne pasta, which is cooked until al dente, and then tossed with a flavorful tomato sauce and a variety of cheeses. The pasta is then baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, creating a warm and satisfying meal.
One of the great things about baked penne is that it can be customized to suit your taste. You can add vegetables like bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms for added flavor and nutrition. You can also add cooked ground meat, such as beef or sausage, or diced chicken for added protein. This dish is also a great way to use up leftovers, as you can easily add in any leftover vegetables or meat that you have on hand.
The key ingredients for making Baked Penne are:
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
These ingredients are perfect for creating a flavorful and cheesy baked penne dish. The penne pasta provides a sturdy base, while the marinara sauce adds a rich and tangy flavor. The combination of mozzarella and ricotta cheese creates a creamy texture, and the grated Parmesan cheese adds a sharp and salty taste. The fresh basil and parsley add a fresh and herbal note, while the garlic and red pepper flakes add a bit of heat. The olive oil is used for sautéing the garlic and red pepper flakes, and the salt and pepper are added for seasoning.
Step-by-step instructions for making Baked Penne
To make Baked Penne, follow these simple steps:
- Boil a large pot of salted water and cook the penne pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned.
- Next, add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- Simmer the meat sauce for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to blend.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cooked penne pasta until it is well coated with the sauce.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a greased baking dish and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Now you can enjoy your delicious Baked Penne!
Tips from professional chefs on making Baked Penne
When it comes to making a delicious Baked Penne, professional chefs have a few key tips to ensure the best results. Here are some expert recommendations:
- Choose the right pasta: Opt for a good quality penne pasta that is firm and holds its shape well during baking. Avoid overcooking the pasta as it will continue to cook in the oven. Cook it until it is al dente, with a slight bite to it.
- Make a flavorful sauce: A rich and flavorful sauce is key to a delicious Baked Penne. Use high-quality canned tomatoes or fresh tomatoes for the best taste. Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil until fragrant before adding the tomatoes. Season the sauce with herbs such as basil, oregano, and a pinch of red pepper flakes for a hint of spice. Let the sauce simmer to develop its flavors before combining with the cooked pasta.
- Layer the ingredients: Layering the ingredients is crucial for even distribution of flavors. Start with a thin layer of sauce at the bottom of the baking dish, followed by a layer of cooked pasta. Add a layer of cheese, such as mozzarella or Parmesan, and repeat the process until the dish is filled. Top with a final layer of cheese for a deliciously golden crust.
By following these tips from professional chefs, you can elevate your Baked Penne recipe to a whole new level of flavor and enjoyment. Serve it hot and watch as your guests savor every delicious bite!
As a cooking enthusiast, I recently tried out a recipe for Baked Penne and I must say, it exceeded my expectations. The dish turned out to be a delightful combination of flavors and textures that left everyone at the dinner table asking for seconds.
The first thing that caught my attention was the rich and creamy sauce that coated every bite of the penne pasta. It had the perfect balance of tanginess from the tomatoes and richness from the melted cheese. The addition of Italian sausage added a savory element that elevated the dish to a whole new level.
Another highlight of this recipe was the crispy and golden breadcrumbs topping that added a satisfying crunch to each forkful. It added a nice contrast to the creamy sauce and brought the dish together in a perfect harmony of flavors. It was the little touch that took this Baked Penne from good to great.
What I appreciated about this recipe was how easy it was to make. Once I had all the ingredients ready, it was a matter of assembling everything together and popping it in the oven. The result was a hearty and comforting meal that would impress even the pickiest of eaters.
All in all, this Baked Penne recipe is a winner in my book. It delivers on taste, texture, and simplicity. Whether you are hosting a dinner party or want to treat yourself to a delicious homemade meal, I highly recommend giving this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!
I recently tried the Baked Penne recipe and I have to say, it was absolutely delicious! The combination of flavors was perfect and it was so easy to make. The penne pasta was cooked perfectly al dente and the creamy tomato sauce was just the right balance of tangy and savory. The addition of Italian sausage and bell peppers gave it a nice, hearty flavor that was incredibly satisfying. The dish was topped with a generous amount of melted cheese, which added a wonderful gooey texture and made it even more indulgent.
What I loved most about this recipe was how versatile it was. I was able to customize it to my taste by adding some fresh basil and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat. The recipe also calls for a layer of mozzarella cheese on top, but I decided to mix it up and use a blend of mozzarella and cheddar cheese instead, which turned out to be a great choice. It gave the dish a bit more complexity and the cheddar added a nice sharpness to the flavor.
Overall, this Baked Penne recipe exceeded my expectations. It was a crowd-pleaser and everyone at the dinner table couldn’t get enough. It’s definitely going to be a go-to recipe for me when I want something comforting and delicious. I highly recommend giving it a try if you’re looking for a simple and satisfying meal!
I recently tried the Baked Penne recipe and I must say, it is absolutely delicious! The combination of the tender penne pasta, savory tomato sauce, and gooey melted cheese is simply heavenly. The recipe was easy to follow and the end result was a mouthwatering dish that left everyone at the table begging for seconds.
What I loved most about this recipe is how versatile it is. I was able to customize it to my liking by adding some extra veggies like bell peppers and mushrooms. The flavors all blended together perfectly, creating a dish that was both comforting and packed with nutrients. The leftovers were just as tasty the next day, making it a great option for meal prepping.
The prep time for this recipe was minimal, which is always a plus in my busy schedule. The ingredients were affordable and easy to find at my local grocery store. I also appreciated how the recipe called for ingredients that I already had in my pantry, making it a convenient option for a weeknight dinner.
All in all, I highly recommend trying the Baked Penne recipe. It’s a crowd-pleaser that is sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply want to enjoy a delicious meal at home, this recipe is a winner.