If you’re craving a delicious and flavorful seafood dish, look no further than Cajun Shrimp with Garlic Butter Sauce. This dish combines the bold and spicy flavors of Cajun seasoning with the rich and creamy taste of garlic butter sauce for a truly satisfying meal.
First, start by seasoning the shrimp with a homemade Cajun spice blend. This typically includes a combination of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, dried thyme, and dried oregano. The shrimp should be coated evenly with the spice blend to ensure maximum flavor.
Next, prepare the garlic butter sauce by melting butter in a skillet and adding minced garlic. Allow the garlic to cook until fragrant and slightly golden. Then, add some chicken broth and a squeeze of lemon juice to the skillet, and let the sauce simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
Once the sauce is ready, it’s time to cook the shrimp. Heat some olive oil in a separate skillet and add the seasoned shrimp. Cook the shrimp for a few minutes on each side until they turn pink and opaque. Finally, pour the garlic butter sauce over the cooked shrimp, and toss to coat them thoroughly.
Cajun Shrimp with Garlic Butter Sauce is best served hot and fresh. Garnish with chopped parsley or green onions for a pop of color and freshness. This dish pairs well with rice or pasta, making it a versatile and satisfying meal for any seafood lover.
Ingredients for Cajun Shrimp
- Shrimp: The star of the dish, shrimp is the main protein used. It is commonly recommended to use large or jumbo shrimp for this recipe, as they are meatier and more flavorful.
- Cajun seasoning: This blend of spices is what gives the shrimp its unique Cajun flavor. It typically includes a combination of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt.
- Garlic: Garlic is a key ingredient in the garlic butter sauce that is drizzled over the shrimp. It adds a rich and aromatic flavor to the dish.
- Butter: Butter is used to cook the shrimp and create the garlic butter sauce. It adds a creamy and indulgent element to the dish.
- Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice is used to add a bright and tangy flavor to the shrimp. It helps to balance out the richness of the butter.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley is used as a garnish for the Cajun shrimp. It adds a pop of color and freshness to the dish.
These ingredients come together to create a flavorful and spicy Cajun Shrimp with Garlic Butter Sauce. The combination of shrimp, Cajun seasoning, garlic, butter, lemon juice, and parsley results in a dish that is packed with flavor and perfect for seafood lovers.
How to Make Cajun Shrimp
- 1 pound of deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp and Cajun seasoning. Toss them well to ensure that every piece is evenly coated.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the melted butter. Once the butter is melted, add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the seasoned shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until they turn pink and opaque.
- Drizzle the shrimp with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Transfer the shrimp to a serving plate and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve the Cajun shrimp hot and enjoy!
With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can create a mouthwatering Cajun shrimp dish that will leave you wanting more. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or entertaining guests, this recipe is sure to be a hit. So grab your shrimp and get ready to spice up your mealtime with this flavorful Cajun dish.
Ingredients for Garlic Butter Sauce
The main ingredients for the garlic butter sauce include:
- Butter: Butter is the base of the sauce and provides a creamy and smooth texture. It also adds richness and flavor.
- Garlic: Garlic is a key ingredient in the sauce and gives it its distinct flavor. It is usually minced or finely chopped to release its aroma and flavor.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice adds a tangy and citrusy flavor to the sauce. It helps to balance the richness of the butter and adds a fresh element to the dish.
- Parsley: Parsley is a herb that is commonly used in the garlic butter sauce. It adds freshness and a hint of earthy flavor.
- Cajun Seasoning: Cajun seasoning is a spice blend that typically includes paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and other herbs and spices. It adds a savory and spicy kick to the sauce.
- Salt and Pepper: Salt and pepper are essential seasonings that help to bring out the flavors of the other ingredients.
To make the garlic butter sauce, the butter is melted in a pan and the minced garlic is sautéed until fragrant. Then, lemon juice, parsley, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper are added to the pan and mixed well. The sauce is simmered for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Once the sauce is ready, it is poured over the cooked Cajun shrimp to create a delicious dish that is bursting with flavor.
How to Make Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the melted butter and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Transfer the garlic butter sauce to a serving dish and garnish with chopped parsley.
That’s it! Your homemade garlic butter sauce is ready to be used. It’s perfect for drizzling over grilled shrimp, tossing with pasta, or even spreading on bread for a flavorful garlic bread. The possibilities are endless!