Looking for a delicious and satisfying breakfast option? Look no further than these Cheesy Chile Breakfast Quesadillas! Packed with flavor and easy to make, these quesadillas are the perfect way to start your day.
The star of this recipe is the combination of cheesy goodness and spicy chiles. The melted cheese adds a creamy and indulgent element, while the chiles add a subtle kick of heat. The combination of the two creates a flavor explosion that will leave you craving more.
- To make these quesadillas, you’ll need some basic ingredients:
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
- Diced green chiles
- Scrambled eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
To assemble the quesadillas, simply layer the cheese, chiles, and scrambled eggs onto one half of a tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half and cook on a griddle or skillet until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown.
|– Flour tortillas||– Layer cheese, chiles, and scrambled eggs onto half of a tortilla|
|– Shredded cheese||– Fold tortilla in half|
|– Diced green chiles||– Cook on griddle or skillet until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown|
|– Scrambled eggs|
|– Salt and pepper to taste|
These Cheesy Chile Breakfast Quesadillas are not only delicious, but also versatile. Customize them with your favorite toppings, such as salsa, avocado, or sour cream, to take them to the next level. Whether you’re serving them for brunch or a quick weekday breakfast, these quesadillas are sure to satisfy your cravings.
Ingredients and Preparation
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green chiles
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Begin by heating a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Melt the butter in the skillet and pour in the egg mixture.
- Cook the eggs, stirring occasionally, until they are softly scrambled.
- Remove the eggs from the skillet and set them aside.
- Place one tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle half of the cheese onto it.
- Add half of the scrambled eggs and half of the chopped green chiles on top of the cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top and press down gently.
- Cook the quesadilla for a few minutes on each side until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients to make the second quesadilla.
- Once both quesadillas are cooked, remove them from the skillet and cut them into wedges.
- Serve the Cheesy Chile Breakfast Quesadillas hot and enjoy!
To make Cheesy Chile Breakfast Quesadillas, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Preheat the oven: Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sauté the chiles: In a skillet, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced green chiles and sauté them until they are softened, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare the eggs: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the eggs: In the same skillet used for the chiles, melt the butter over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and scramble until the eggs are cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the quesadillas: Lay out tortillas and divide the scrambled eggs, sautéed chiles, and shredded cheese evenly among them. Fold each tortilla in half to create a quesadilla.
- Cook the quesadillas: Place the assembled quesadillas on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy.
- Serve: Remove the quesadillas from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving. Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole if desired.
These Cheesy Chile Breakfast Quesadillas are a delicious and satisfying breakfast option. They are easy to make and can be customized with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestions and Variations
1. Dipping Sauces
Pair the quesadillas with a range of dipping sauces to add extra flavor. Salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and hot sauce are all good options. Serve them in small bowls on the side for easy access.
2. Fresh Toppings
Top the quesadillas with fresh ingredients to add texture and freshness. Chopped tomatoes, cilantro, avocado slices, and thinly sliced red onions are all great choices. Sprinkle them over the quesadillas before serving.
3. Protein Additions
If you want a heartier breakfast, consider adding some protein to the quesadillas. Cooked bacon, diced ham, or crumbled sausage can be mixed in with the cheese and chiles before cooking. This will add extra flavor and make the quesadillas more filling.
4. Vegetarian Option
If you prefer a vegetarian version, you can omit the bacon and use a mix of vegetables instead. Sautéed mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions would work well in this dish. You can also add some cooked spinach for an extra nutritious twist.
5. Gluten-Free Option
To make these quesadillas gluten-free, simply use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. Corn tortillas are naturally gluten-free and will give the dish a slightly different flavor and texture. Make sure to check the ingredients of any additional toppings or sauces to ensure they are also gluten-free.
With these serving suggestions and variations, you can customize your Cheesy Chile Breakfast Quesadillas to suit your taste and dietary needs.