Chicken Saltimbocca is a delicious Italian dish that is quick and easy to prepare. It is a perfect combination of tender chicken cutlets, prosciutto, sage, and a savory white wine sauce. The name “Saltimbocca” translates to “jumps in the mouth,” which perfectly describes how each bite of this dish bursts with incredible flavor.
To make Chicken Saltimbocca, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, prosciutto slices, fresh sage leaves, all-purpose flour, butter, olive oil, white wine, chicken broth, and salt and pepper. The chicken breasts are pounded thin and then topped with a slice of prosciutto and a sage leaf. They are then dredged in flour and cooked in a hot skillet until golden brown. The white wine sauce is made by deglazing the pan with white wine, adding chicken broth, and simmering until thickened. The chicken is then returned to the pan and cooked until it is cooked through and the flavors have melded together.
The Chicken Saltimbocca recipe requires the following ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
The main ingredient for Chicken Saltimbocca is boneless, skinless chicken breasts. It is important to choose fresh and high-quality chicken to ensure a delicious flavor. The chicken breasts are then pounded thin to create a tender texture.
In addition to chicken, the recipe calls for prosciutto, which is a thinly sliced Italian cured ham. The prosciutto adds a rich and salty flavor to the dish. Fresh sage leaves are placed on top of the chicken along with the prosciutto. Sage has a fragrant and earthy taste that pairs well with the other ingredients.
Another key ingredient is provolone cheese, which is a semi-hard Italian cheese that has a mild and creamy flavor. The provolone cheese is placed on top of the prosciutto and sage, adding a gooey and cheesy element to the Chicken Saltimbocca.
Step-by-step instructions for making Chicken Saltimbocca
To make Chicken Saltimbocca, follow these simple steps:
- Prepare the ingredients: Gather boneless, skinless chicken breasts, prosciutto slices, fresh sage leaves, all-purpose flour, salt, pepper, olive oil, and butter. Thinly slice the chicken breasts horizontally to create two thinner pieces.
- Season and wrap the chicken: Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt and pepper. Place a slice of prosciutto on top, followed by a fresh sage leaf. Fold the chicken breast in half to seal in the prosciutto and sage.
- Dredge the chicken: Lightly coat each chicken breast with flour, shaking off any excess. This will help create a crispy exterior when cooking.
- Cook the chicken: Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce: In the same skillet, add white wine and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until slightly reduced. Stir in lemon juice and butter to create a velvety sauce.
- Plate and serve: Place the cooked chicken saltimbocca on a serving platter. Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with additional fresh sage leaves, if desired. Serve hot and enjoy!
These step-by-step instructions will guide you through the process of making delicious Chicken Saltimbocca. With its tender chicken, salty prosciutto, and aromatic sage, this dish is sure to impress your taste buds and dinner guests!
Tips from professional chefs on cooking Chicken Saltimbocca
Here are some valuable tips from professional chefs that will help you cook a perfect Chicken Saltimbocca:
- Choose the right chicken: When making Saltimbocca, it is important to use thinly pounded chicken breasts. The chicken breasts should be of equal thickness to ensure even cooking. You can pound the chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap to achieve the desired thickness.
- Properly season the chicken: Before cooking, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. This will enhance the flavors and provide a nice, balanced taste to the dish. Be sure to season both sides of the chicken breasts evenly.
- Use quality prosciutto and sage: The success of Chicken Saltimbocca largely depends on the quality of the prosciutto and sage. Choose a high-quality prosciutto and fresh sage leaves for the best results. The prosciutto should be thinly sliced, and the sage leaves should be intact and free from any blemishes.
- Cook at the right temperature: Heat a skillet over medium heat and add some olive oil. Cook the chicken breasts for about 3-4 minutes on each side until they are golden brown and cooked through. Cooking at the right temperature will ensure that the chicken is juicy and tender.
- Finish with a flavorful sauce: Once the chicken breasts are cooked, remove them from the skillet and keep them warm. Deglaze the skillet with some white wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and butter to create a flavorful sauce. Drizzle the sauce over the Chicken Saltimbocca before serving.
By following these tips, you will be able to prepare a delicious and authentic Chicken Saltimbocca that will impress your guests or family members!
I recently tried the Chicken Saltimbocca recipe and it was absolutely delicious! The combination of tender chicken breast, savory prosciutto, and fresh sage created a burst of flavors in every bite. The dish was also incredibly easy to make, which made it even more enjoyable.
I started by seasoning the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then wrapping them in prosciutto slices. I cooked them in a hot skillet with some olive oil until they were golden brown and cooked through. The prosciutto added a rich flavor and a nice crispiness to the chicken. Next, I added some white wine to the skillet to deglaze it and create a flavorful sauce.
The final touch was sprinkling fresh sage leaves on top of the chicken and letting them cook for a minute until they became fragrant. The aroma filled my kitchen and made the dish even more enticing. I served the Chicken Saltimbocca with a side of creamy mashed potatoes and some steamed asparagus. It was the perfect combination of flavors and textures.
I highly recommend trying the Chicken Saltimbocca recipe if you’re looking for a quick and delicious meal. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or even a special occasion. The flavors are incredible and the dish looks impressive, making it a great choice for entertaining guests. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!
I recently tried the Chicken Saltimbocca recipe and it was absolutely delicious! The combination of flavors was amazing and it was a hit with my family. The chicken was tender and juicy, and the prosciutto added a nice salty touch. The crispy sage leaves gave it a unique and fragrant taste that really elevated the dish.
The preparation was quite easy, the recipe was straightforward and easy to follow. I marinated the chicken in a mixture of lemon juice, garlic, and herbs before wrapping it in the prosciutto. The chicken cooked quickly and evenly, and it came out perfectly cooked and flavorful.
I paired the Chicken Saltimbocca with creamy mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables, and it was a complete meal that was both satisfying and delicious. The recipe is definitely a keeper and I will be making it again in the future. I highly recommend giving it a try!
The Chicken Saltimbocca was a delightful dish that I recently cooked for my family. The combination of tender chicken, salty prosciutto, and flavorful sage created a wonderful burst of flavors in every bite. The recipe was easy to follow, and the end result looked as appetizing as it tasted.
I started by pounding the chicken breasts to make them thin and even, which made them cook quickly and evenly. Then, I topped each chicken breast with a slice of prosciutto and a sprinkle of fresh sage leaves. The prosciutto added a delicious saltiness to the dish, while the sage gave it a fragrant and earthy taste.
After searing the chicken in a hot pan until it was golden brown and crispy, I deglazed the pan with white wine and chicken broth. This created a rich sauce that coated the chicken and intensified the flavors even more. I let the chicken simmer in the sauce for a few minutes until it was cooked through and tender.
The final result was a plate of succulent chicken saltimbocca with a savory sauce that my family couldn’t get enough of. The flavors blended perfectly together, and the dish had a sophisticated taste that made it seem like it took hours to prepare. It was a hit with everyone at the dinner table, and I will definitely be making it again in the future.
The Chicken Saltimbocca was an absolute delight. As someone who loves to cook and experiment in the kitchen, I was thrilled to try this recipe. The combination of tender chicken breast, prosciutto, and fresh sage created a burst of flavors that danced on my taste buds.
The recipe was easy to follow, and the end result was impressive. The chicken was juicy and perfectly cooked, while the prosciutto added a delicious salty touch. The sage added a subtle earthy flavor that complemented the other ingredients beautifully.
I served the Chicken Saltimbocca with a side of creamy mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus, and it made for an elegant and satisfying meal. The dish was not only delicious but also visually appealing, with the prosciutto wrapping around the chicken and the sage leaves adding a pop of green.
Overall, I highly recommend trying the recipe for Chicken Saltimbocca. It’s a dish that will impress your guests or simply treat yourself to a restaurant-quality meal at home. Don’t be intimidated by the name or the ingredients; it’s easier to make than it sounds, and the result is truly worth the effort.
The Chicken Saltimbocca recipe is absolutely delicious and full of flavor. I recently tried making it at home and was amazed at the results. The combination of tender chicken, salty prosciutto, and melted cheese is simply mouthwatering.
The recipe itself is quite simple to follow. I seasoned the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then wrapped them in prosciutto and secured them with toothpicks. Next, I cooked the chicken in a skillet with some olive oil until it was golden brown and cooked through.
Once the chicken was cooked, I removed it from the skillet and added some white wine and chicken broth to deglaze the pan. This created a delicious sauce that I poured over the chicken. I also sprinkled some grated Parmesan cheese on top and popped the chicken under the broiler to melt the cheese.
The end result was a plate of tender, juicy chicken with a crispy prosciutto crust and melty cheese. The flavors of the prosciutto and Parmesan really complemented the chicken, creating a dish that was rich and satisfying. I served it with some roasted vegetables and it made for a perfect weeknight dinner.
I highly recommend trying the Chicken Saltimbocca recipe. It’s a simple yet impressive dish that will surely impress your family or guests. The flavors are bold and delicious, and the preparation is quick and easy. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!