If you’re looking for a delicious and impressive appetizer to serve at your next gathering, look no further than these flavorful Chili Lime Baked Shrimp Cups. This easy-to-make dish combines the succulent taste of shrimp with the zesty kick of chili and lime.
To make these shrimp cups, start by marinating the shrimp in a mixture of chili powder, lime juice, garlic, and olive oil. This marinade adds a bold flavor to the shrimp and infuses them with tangy and spicy notes. Once the shrimp are well-coated, let them marinate for a few minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
Next, prepare the cups by combining crushed corn tortilla chips with melted butter. This mixture forms the base of the cups and adds a delicious crunch. Press the mixture into muffin tins, creating a well in the center of each cup. Then, place a marinated shrimp in each cup and bake until the shrimp is cooked through and the cups are crispy.
When the shrimp cups are done, garnish them with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. This adds a bright and refreshing element to the dish and perfectly complements the spicy shrimp. Serve these Chili Lime Baked Shrimp Cups as an appetizer at your next party or gathering, and watch as they disappear in no time!
Ingredients and Preparation
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 12 wonton wrappers
To prepare the shrimp, start by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C). In a bowl, combine the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Stir until well mixed. Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss until they are evenly coated with the marinade.
Next, lightly grease a muffin tin and place one wonton wrapper in each cup, pressing gently to form a cup shape. Bake the wonton cups in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Chili powder||1 teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/4 teaspoon|
|Lime juice||Juice of 1 lime|
When the wonton cups are ready, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly. Fill each cup with a spoonful of the marinated shrimp. Return the filled cups to the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through and pink.
Once the shrimp are cooked, remove the cups from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Serve the Chili Lime Baked Shrimp Cups warm, garnished with fresh lime wedges and cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestions and Variations
- Serve the shrimp cups as an appetizer at parties or gatherings. They are bite-sized and can be easily eaten with one hand.
- Pair the shrimp cups with a fresh salad or coleslaw for a light and refreshing meal. The tangy flavors of the shrimp cups will complement the crispness of the salad.
- Serve the shrimp cups on a bed of rice or quinoa for a more substantial meal. The grains will absorb the chili lime sauce and add texture to each bite.
You can also customize the Chili Lime Baked Shrimp Cups by making the following variations:
- Try using different types of seafood instead of shrimp. Scallops, crab meat, or even chunks of white fish would work well with the chili lime marinade.
- Add some diced avocado or mango to the shrimp cups for a tropical twist. The creaminess of the avocado or the sweetness of the mango will balance out the spiciness of the shrimp.
- If you prefer a milder flavor, reduce the amount of chili powder or lime juice in the marinade. You can also substitute the chili powder with smoked paprika for a smokier taste.
These are just a few suggestions to get you started, but feel free to get creative and experiment with different ingredients and flavors to make the Chili Lime Baked Shrimp Cups your own.