If you’re looking for a light and refreshing appetizer or a tasty addition to your summer menu, this Herbed Shrimp Salad on Endive Spears is a perfect choice. The combination of fresh shrimp, flavorful herbs, and crisp endive leaves creates a vibrant and delicious dish that will surely impress your guests.
The recipe is quite simple and requires just a few ingredients. You’ll need cooked shrimp, chopped fresh herbs like dill, parsley, and chives, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. The endive spears serve as the perfect vessel for the flavorful shrimp salad, adding a satisfying crunch to each bite. To assemble the dish, just spoon the shrimp salad onto the endive spears and garnish with additional herbs for an added visual appeal.
This Herbed Shrimp Salad on Endive Spears is not only delicious but also a healthy option. Shrimp is low in calories and high in protein, making it a great choice for those watching their weight or looking for a nutrient-packed meal. With the addition of fresh herbs and crunchy endive leaves, this dish is not only tasty but also packed with vitamins and minerals.
Herbed Shrimp Salad Recipe
To make this herbed shrimp salad, start by cooking the shrimp until they are pink and cooked through. Then, chop up a combination of fresh herbs such as parsley, dill, and chives. These herbs will add a burst of freshness to the salad. Next, whisk together a dressing made with olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, and salt and pepper. This dressing will complement the flavors of the shrimp and herbs perfectly.
Once you have all of your ingredients prepared, it’s time to assemble the salad. Arrange some endive spears on a platter and spoon a generous amount of the herbed shrimp mixture onto each spear. The endive spears not only provide a beautiful presentation but also add a nice crunch to the salad. Sprinkle some freshly chopped chives on top for a pop of color and additional flavor.
This herbed shrimp salad is versatile and can be served as an appetizer, a light lunch, or even as a main course. It can be enjoyed on its own or served with some crusty bread or a side of mixed greens. No matter how you choose to serve it, this salad is a delicious and refreshing option that is perfect for any occasion.
- Shrimp: Fresh or frozen shrimp is the star of this recipe. Make sure to use peeled and deveined shrimp for convenience.
- Endive: This crisp and slightly bitter lettuce is used as the base for serving the shrimp salad. It adds a nice crunch and freshness to the dish.
- Cherry Tomatoes: These small, sweet tomatoes add a burst of color and juicy flavor to the salad.
- Red Onion: Thinly sliced red onion adds a sharp and tangy flavor to the salad.
- Herbs: Fresh herbs like dill and parsley are essential for adding brightness and freshness to the shrimp salad.
- Mayonnaise: Creamy mayo is used to bind the ingredients together and provide a smooth texture to the salad.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice adds a tangy and citrusy flavor to the shrimp salad.
- Dijon Mustard: This tangy and slightly spicy mustard adds a depth of flavor to the dressing for the shrimp salad.
- Salt and Pepper: Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste.
These ingredients come together to create a refreshing and satisfying herbed shrimp salad on endive spears that is perfect for a light lunch or appetizer. Feel free to adjust the quantities of each ingredient based on your personal preference, and don’t forget to garnish the salad with additional fresh herbs for an extra pop of flavor.
- Cook the shrimp: Start by boiling the shrimp in a large pot of salted water until they turn pink and are cooked through. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes. Once cooked, drain the shrimp and set them aside to cool.
- Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and fresh herbs. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated. This creamy and tangy dressing will add a burst of flavor to the shrimp salad.
- Chop the shrimp: Once the shrimp have cooled, remove the shells and chop them into bite-sized pieces. Transfer the chopped shrimp to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the vegetables: To the same bowl, add the diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and red onion. These fresh vegetables will add crunch and color to the salad.
- Toss with dressing: Pour the dressing over the shrimp and vegetables and gently toss everything together until well coated. Be careful not to overmix, as you don’t want to break apart the shrimp or make the salad too mushy.
- Prepare endive spears: Separate the leaves of the endive and arrange them on a serving platter. These crisp and slightly bitter leaves make the perfect vessel for the shrimp salad.
- Serve: Spoon the herbed shrimp salad onto each endive spear, filling them generously. Arrange the filled endive spears on a platter and garnish with additional fresh herbs, if desired.
These instructions will help you create a refreshing and flavorful herbed shrimp salad on endive spears. It’s the perfect appetizer for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply enjoying a casual gathering with friends.