This Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo recipe is a delicious and easy dish that is sure to impress your friends and family. Made with succulent shrimp, creamy Alfredo sauce, and a hint of Old Bay seasoning, this dish is packed with flavor. The combination of the savory shrimp and the rich and indulgent Alfredo sauce creates a creamy and luscious pasta dish that is perfect for any occasion.
Old Bay seasoning is a classic spice blend that adds a unique and delicious flavor to any dish. It is made with a combination of spices, including celery salt, paprika, and black pepper, among others. The addition of Old Bay seasoning to the shrimp in this recipe gives it a delicious and savory flavor that complements the creamy Alfredo sauce perfectly.
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo:
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In addition to these ingredients, you may also want to have some lemon wedges for serving and extra Parmesan cheese for garnish.
The shrimp is the star ingredient of this recipe. You will need about 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined. You can use either fresh or frozen shrimp, just make sure to thaw the frozen shrimp before cooking. The shrimp adds a delicious seafood flavor and texture to the dish.
The pasta alfredo is made with fettuccine, a flat and ribbon-like pasta. You will need 8 ounces of fettuccine pasta for this recipe. The pasta is cooked until al dente, which means it is cooked but still slightly firm to the bite. The Alfredo sauce is made with heavy cream, minced garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, Old Bay seasoning, and salt and pepper. The sauce is rich, creamy, and full of flavor. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, it is tossed in the Alfredo sauce to coat it evenly.
Preparation steps for “Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo”
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making “Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo”:
- Begin by boiling a pot of water and cooking the pasta according to the package instructions. Make sure to drain the cooked pasta and set it aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp and sprinkle them generously with Old Bay seasoning. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and opaque.
- Remove the cooked shrimp from the skillet and set them aside. In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the minced garlic and sauté it for about a minute until fragrant.
- Sprinkle the flour over the melted butter and garlic, stirring constantly for about a minute to cook the flour. Gradually pour in the milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Continue to cook the sauce until it thickens, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese to the sauce and stir until it melts and incorporates into the sauce. Season with salt, pepper, and additional Old Bay seasoning to taste.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and stir to coat them with the Alfredo sauce. Finally, add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss everything together until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
Serve the “Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo” hot and garnish with fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!
Advice from Professional Chefs
If you want to make the perfect Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo, professional chefs recommend following these tips:
- Use fresh shrimp: When it comes to seafood dishes, using fresh ingredients is essential. Make sure to buy high-quality, deveined shrimp for the best flavor and texture.
- Season generously: Old Bay seasoning is the star of this dish. Don’t be afraid to season the shrimp generously with this flavorful spice blend. It adds a unique and delicious taste to the dish.
- Cook the shrimp just right: Overcooked shrimp can become rubbery and tough. To achieve a tender and succulent texture, cook the shrimp just until they turn pink. It should take about 2-3 minutes per side, depending on the size of the shrimp.
- Perfect your Alfredo sauce: The key to a creamy and luscious Alfredo sauce is proper emulsion. Slowly adding the grated Parmesan cheese and stirring constantly will help create a smooth and velvety texture. Avoid overheating the sauce to prevent the cheese from clumping.
- Don’t overcook the pasta: To achieve al dente pasta, follow the cooking instructions on the package and cook the pasta for the recommended time. Overcooking the pasta can result in a mushy and unappetizing texture.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create a delectable Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo that will impress your dinner guests and satisfy your taste buds.
I recently tried the Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo recipe, and it was absolutely delicious. The combination of the Old Bay seasoning with the creamy pasta and succulent shrimp created a flavor explosion in my mouth. The dish was incredibly easy to make, with simple ingredients that I already had in my pantry.
The Old Bay seasoning gave the dish a unique and bold flavor that elevated the traditional Alfredo sauce to a whole new level. The spiciness of the seasoning balanced perfectly with the richness of the cream sauce, creating a harmonious blend of flavors. The shrimp added a delightful seafood taste and a satisfying texture to the dish.
I was impressed by how quickly the dish came together. I simply cooked the pasta, sautéed the shrimp in garlic and Old Bay seasoning, and then combined it all with the Alfredo sauce. In less than 30 minutes, I had a restaurant-quality meal that tasted like it had been prepared by a professional chef.
I highly recommend trying the Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo recipe if you’re looking for a quick and flavorful meal. Whether you’re a seafood lover or just looking to spice up your usual pasta routine, this recipe is sure to impress. I will definitely be making this dish again in the future.
I recently tried the Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo recipe and I must say, it was an absolutely delicious dish. The combination of the succulent shrimp, creamy Alfredo sauce, and the perfect amount of Old Bay seasoning created a flavor explosion in my mouth. The dish was easy to prepare and the recipe provided clear instructions, making it a stress-free cooking experience.
The shrimp were cooked to perfection, tender and juicy, and paired perfectly with the creamy Alfredo sauce. The addition of the Old Bay seasoning added a unique twist to the traditional Alfredo flavor, giving it a slightly spicy and aromatic kick. The pasta, cooked al dente, provided a great base for the dish, soaking up all the delicious flavors.
I highly recommend trying the Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo recipe to anyone who loves seafood and pasta. This dish is a true crowd-pleaser and will definitely impress your family and friends. It’s a quick and easy recipe that packs a punch in terms of taste and flavor. So go ahead, give it a try and prepare to be blown away by the deliciousness of this dish!
I recently tried the Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo recipe and it was absolutely delicious. The combination of the Old Bay seasoning with the creamy Alfredo sauce was a match made in heaven. The shrimp were perfectly cooked and had a nice kick of flavor from the seasoning. The pasta was cooked al dente and had a nice creamy texture from the sauce. The dish was incredibly flavorful and had just the right amount of spice. It was a hit with my family and I will definitely be making it again in the future.
The recipe was very straightforward and easy to follow. The ingredients were easy to find and the cooking process was not too time-consuming. It was a great weeknight meal option that was both quick and flavorful. I loved how the Old Bay seasoning added a unique twist to the classic pasta Alfredo dish. It added a nice depth of flavor and really made the dish stand out.
Overall, I highly recommend trying the Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo recipe. It is a delicious and satisfying meal option that is full of flavor. Whether you’re a fan of seafood or just looking to spice up your pasta dish, this recipe is a winner. It’s definitely worth giving it a try!
The Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo dish is an absolute delight for seafood lovers. As someone who enjoys cooking and experimenting with new recipes, I decided to give this dish a try, and I was not disappointed. The combination of flavors in this recipe is simply mouthwatering.
The shrimp, cooked with Old Bay seasoning, adds a delicious hint of spiciness to the dish. The seasoning complements the richness of the alfredo sauce perfectly, creating a harmonious blend of flavors. The pasta, cooked al dente, adds a satisfying texture to every bite. The dish has just the right amount of creaminess, with the cheese and cream creating a velvety smooth sauce.
What I loved most about this recipe is how easy it is to prepare. The ingredients are readily available and the cooking process is straightforward. The recipe comes together in just under 30 minutes, making it a perfect option for a quick and satisfying weeknight dinner.
The Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo is a winner in my book. It’s a crowd-pleaser dish that I would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys seafood and creamy pasta dishes. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or entertaining guests, this recipe is sure to impress. Give it a try, and I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.