If you’re in the mood for a delicious and fragrant homemade bread, look no further than this Orange Coconut Bread recipe. This delightful loaf is perfect for breakfast or brunch, and it’s sure to impress your family and friends. The combination of sweet citrusy oranges and crunchy coconut creates a unique flavor that you won’t be able to resist.
To make this bread, you’ll need a few basic ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry. The star of the show is, of course, fresh oranges – their juice and zest infuse the bread with a bright, tangy taste. You’ll also need shredded coconut, which adds a lovely texture and subtle sweetness. The rest of the ingredients include flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, vegetable oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
Once you have gathered all your ingredients, the recipe is quite simple to follow. Start by preheating your oven and greasing a loaf pan. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients – orange juice and zest, vegetable oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Carefully fold in the shredded coconut. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for about an hour or until the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
The Orange Coconut Bread recipe requires a handful of essential ingredients that come together to create a moist and flavorful loaf. These ingredients include:
- Orange Juice: Freshly squeezed orange juice adds a bright and citrusy flavor to the bread.
- Orange Zest: The zest of an orange adds a fragrant and intense orange flavor to the bread.
- All-Purpose Flour: The base of the bread is made with all-purpose flour, providing structure and texture.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder is used as the leavening agent to help the bread rise and become fluffy.
- Salt: A pinch of salt enhances the flavors and balances the sweetness of the bread.
- Granulated Sugar: Sugar adds sweetness to the bread and helps to create a tender texture.
- Coconut Milk: Adding coconut milk gives the bread a rich and creamy texture, as well as a hint of coconut flavor.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil adds moisture and richness to the bread, complementing the coconut milk.
- Shredded Coconut: Shredded coconut is sprinkled throughout the batter, adding a delightful texture and tropical taste.
- Eggs: Eggs act as a binding agent and contribute to the structure of the bread.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract enhances the flavors of the bread and adds a subtle sweetness.
With these ingredients, you’ll be able to create a delectable Orange Coconut Bread that is moist, flavorful, and perfect for breakfast or as a snack.
Follow these simple steps to make your delicious orange coconut bread:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a loaf pan with butter or cooking spray to prevent the bread from sticking.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of shredded coconut, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix well with a whisk to ensure uniform distribution.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter, 1 cup of granulated sugar, 3 eggs, the zest of one orange, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Make sure the mixture is smooth and well-blended.
4. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing with a spatula until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in a dense and tough bread.
5. Fold in 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, if desired, to add some extra flavor and texture to the bread.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it evenly. Tap the pan gently on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
8. Once baked, remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your homemade orange coconut bread!
Tips for Making the Perfect Orange Coconut Bread
Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly: Before adding the wet ingredients, make sure to mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. This step ensures that the dry ingredients are evenly distributed and helps prevent any clumps from forming in the batter.
Zest the oranges: Zesting the oranges adds a burst of citrus flavor to the bread. Use a fine grater or a zester to remove the outer layer of the orange peel, being careful not to grate too deeply and include the bitter white pith. The orange zest should be mixed into the wet ingredients to infuse the bread with its aromatic essence.
Add shredded coconut: The shredded coconut not only adds a tropical twist to the bread but also provides moisture and texture. Be sure to use unsweetened shredded coconut for the best results. Fold it into the batter gently, being careful not to overmix.
- Bake until golden brown: It’s important to bake the bread until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Start checking for doneness around the recommended baking time, as oven temperatures can vary.
- Let it cool before slicing: Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. This will ensure that the bread holds its shape and doesn’t crumble when sliced.
Serve and store: Orange coconut bread is best enjoyed fresh, but it can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days. It can also be wrapped tightly and frozen for longer storage.
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Baking Time:||45-50 minutes|
By following these tips, you can create a moist and flavorful orange coconut bread that will be the perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch table.