Shrimp scampi with pasta is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that combines succulent shrimp with a flavorful garlic and butter sauce. This classic Italian-American recipe is a favorite among seafood lovers and is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a special occasion. The dish is typically served over pasta, such as linguine or spaghetti, which soaks up the rich and flavorful sauce.
To make shrimp scampi, you will need fresh or frozen shrimp, garlic, butter, lemon juice, white wine, and parsley. The shrimp are sautéed in a mixture of butter and garlic until they turn pink and are cooked through. The garlic and butter sauce is then created by adding lemon juice and white wine to the pan, which adds a tangy and slightly acidic flavor to balance out the richness of the butter. The dish is finished off with a sprinkle of fresh parsley, which adds a pop of color and freshness to the final presentation.
The key ingredients for making Shrimp Scampi with Pasta are:
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces of linguine pasta
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
These ingredients are essential for creating the rich and flavorful shrimp scampi sauce that coats the pasta and shrimp perfectly. The shrimp itself adds a delicate seafood flavor, while the garlic, parsley, and red pepper flakes provide a delicious balance of taste and heat. The white wine adds a touch of acidity and brightness to the dish, and the butter and olive oil create a luxurious and smooth sauce.
Preparing Shrimp Scampi with Pasta involves several simple steps that result in a delicious and flavorful dish. Follow the steps below to make this tasty recipe:
- Cook the pasta: Begin by boiling a pot of water and cooking the pasta according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Sauté the garlic and red pepper flakes: Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and sauté for about 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the shrimp: Increase the heat to medium-high and add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook the shrimp for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they turn pink and are cooked through. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Season and deglaze: Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Deglaze the skillet by adding white wine and scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for an additional minute to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Toss with pasta: Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the shrimp scampi sauce. Toss everything together until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve: Divide the shrimp scampi pasta among plates and garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve hot and enjoy!
By following these step-by-step instructions, you can easily make a delicious Shrimp Scampi with Pasta that will impress your family and friends.
Expert Tips for Making Shrimp Scampi with Pasta
When making Shrimp Scampi with Pasta, it’s important to follow a few expert tips to ensure a delicious and perfectly cooked dish. Here are some recommendations from professional chefs:
- Choose high-quality ingredients: To create the best flavors, start with fresh shrimp and high-quality pasta. Look for wild-caught shrimp that is firm and has a sweet aroma. Opt for pasta made from durum wheat for a firm and al dente texture.
- Prep your ingredients ahead of time: Before you start cooking, make sure to prep all your ingredients. Mince the garlic, chop the parsley, and measure out the lemon juice, white wine, and red pepper flakes. This will help you cook efficiently without any interruptions.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp: Shrimp cook quickly, so it’s essential to pay attention to the cooking time. Overcooked shrimp can become rubbery and lose their natural sweetness. Cook the shrimp just until they turn pink and opaque, which usually takes about 2-3 minutes on each side.
By following these expert tips, you’ll be able to create a fantastic Shrimp Scampi with Pasta dish that is bursting with flavor and perfectly cooked shrimp.
I recently tried the Shrimp Scampi with Pasta recipe and I was blown away by the delicious flavors and ease of preparation. The dish came together quickly and effortlessly, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. The shrimp were cooked to perfection, tender and juicy, while the scampi sauce added a burst of lemony goodness. The pasta was perfectly al dente, providing the perfect texture to complement the shrimp and sauce.
One of the things I loved most about this recipe was the versatility. I was able to customize it to my liking by adding some extra garlic and red pepper flakes for a bit of heat. The dish was bursting with flavor and the combination of the garlic, butter, and lemon created a heavenly sauce that coated each shrimp and strand of pasta.
The presentation of this dish is also stunning. The vibrant colors of the plump shrimp, green parsley, and bright lemon zest create an appetizing and visually appealing plate. I couldn’t help but snap a quick picture before diving in. Overall, I highly recommend trying the Shrimp Scampi with Pasta recipe. It’s a quick, easy, and incredibly flavorful dish that will impress both family and friends.
I recently tried the Shrimp Scampi with Pasta recipe and I must say, it exceeded my expectations. The combination of succulent shrimp and al dente pasta was simply divine. The dish was bursting with flavors, thanks to the garlic, lemon juice, and white wine used in the sauce. The shrimp were perfectly cooked and had a slight char, which added a nice smoky flavor to every bite. The pasta was cooked just right, not too soft or too firm. The overall balance of flavors in this dish was spot on, making it a perfect choice for a special dinner or for impressing guests.
What I loved about this recipe is that it was incredibly easy to make. The ingredients were simple and easy to find, and the instructions were clear and concise. From start to finish, it took me less than 30 minutes to prepare this dish, which is a great time-saver for busy weeknights. The recipe also allowed for some customization, such as adding extra vegetables or spices, to suit personal preferences.
The Shrimp Scampi with Pasta is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a side of crusty bread or a fresh salad. The portions were generous, making it a filling and satisfying meal. The leftovers also tasted just as good the next day, which is always a plus. Overall, I highly recommend trying this recipe for Shrimp Scampi with Pasta – it’s delicious, quick, and sure to impress!
I recently tried the Shrimp Scampi with Pasta recipe and it was absolutely delicious! The combination of succulent shrimp and al dente pasta was perfect. The dish had a wonderful balance of flavors, with the garlic and butter adding a rich and savory taste, while the lemon juice provided a refreshing and tangy kick. The garlic and parsley topping added an extra layer of flavor and freshness.
What I loved most about this recipe was how quick and easy it was to prepare. The shrimp cooked up in no time, and the sauce came together effortlessly. The recipe called for simple ingredients that I already had in my pantry, which made it even more convenient. This dish would be perfect for a busy weeknight dinner, but also elegant enough to impress guests.
I would highly recommend trying the Shrimp Scampi with Pasta recipe. It is a crowd-pleaser that is sure to satisfy even the most discerning taste buds. The flavors are bold and vibrant, and the dish is incredibly satisfying. Whether you are a seafood lover or just looking to try something new, this recipe is a must-try. I can’t wait to make it again!
The Shrimp Scampi with Pasta was an absolute delight! As someone who enjoys cooking, I found this recipe to be both easy to follow and incredibly flavorful. The dish came together quickly, making it a perfect option for a weeknight dinner.
The combination of the succulent shrimp and the garlic butter sauce was truly a match made in heaven. The pasta was perfectly cooked, and it provided a nice contrast to the tender shrimp. The dish had a nice balance of flavors, with the garlic and lemon adding a bright and refreshing touch.
I would highly recommend the Shrimp Scampi with Pasta to anyone who enjoys seafood or is looking for a delicious and satisfying meal. It’s a recipe that I will definitely be making again in the future!