Are you in the mood for a sweet treat? Look no further than these easy chocolate toffee cookies. This recipe is simple and delicious, making it the perfect choice for any occasion.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toffee bits
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Gently fold in the toffee bits, being careful not to overmix.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are set and the centers are slightly soft. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These easy chocolate toffee cookies are sure to be a hit with everyone who tries them. The combination of rich chocolate and crunchy toffee bits makes for a irresistible treat. Enjoy them with a glass of cold milk or a cup of hot coffee for the perfect indulgence. Whether you’re making them for a party or just for yourself, these cookies are always a winner.
Ingredients and Equipment
- All-purpose flour: This is the main dry ingredient used to give structure to the cookies.
- Cocoa powder: Adds a rich chocolate flavor to the cookies.
- Baking soda: Helps the cookies rise and gives them a slightly chewy texture.
- Salt: Enhances the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Butter: Provides richness and flavor to the cookies.
- Granulated sugar: Sweetens the cookies and helps with their texture.
- Brown sugar: Adds moisture and a subtle caramel flavor to the cookies.
- Eggs: Bind the ingredients together and contribute to the texture of the cookies.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a hint of warmth and complexity to the cookies.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: Melty pockets of chocolate in each bite.
- Toffee bits: Adds a crunchy texture and sweet caramel flavor to the cookies.
To make these cookies, you will need the following equipment:
- Mixing bowls: Use separate bowls for dry ingredients and wet ingredients.
- Whisk or fork: To mix the dry ingredients and break up any clumps.
- Electric mixer or hand mixer: Makes creaming the butter and sugars easier.
- Spatula or wooden spoon: To mix the dough and incorporate the chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Baking sheets: To bake the cookies on.
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mat: Prevents the cookies from sticking to the baking sheets.
- Cooling rack: Allows the cookies to cool evenly and prevents them from becoming soggy on the bottom.
With these simple ingredients and equipment, you’ll be ready to make delicious chocolate toffee cookies in no time!