If you’re looking for a delicious and easy pancake recipe, look no further! These easy fluffy pancakes are made from scratch and require just a few basic ingredients. Whether you’re craving a classic breakfast or a sweet treat, these pancakes will not disappoint.
Made with pantry staples such as flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, and milk, these pancakes are quick to whip up. You don’t need any fancy equipment or ingredients to make them – just a mixing bowl, a whisk, and a non-stick skillet. Plus, you can customize the recipe to your liking by adding fruits, chocolate chips, or even a sprinkle of cinnamon.
One of the keys to achieving that fluffy texture is the use of baking powder. This ingredient helps give the pancakes their light and airy consistency. It’s important to make sure your baking powder is fresh for the best results. To test if it’s still active, simply add a spoonful to a small bowl of hot water – it should immediately start bubbling.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- All-purpose flour: This is the main ingredient for the pancake batter. It provides structure and helps the pancakes rise.
- Baking powder: Baking powder is a leavening agent that helps the pancakes become light and fluffy.
- Sugar: Sugar adds a touch of sweetness to the pancakes. It’s optional, but it enhances the overall flavor.
- Salt: Salt is necessary to balance the sweetness and bring out the flavors in the pancake batter.
- Egg: The egg acts as a binder and adds moisture to the pancake batter.
- Milk: Milk is the liquid component that makes the pancake batter pourable. You can use any type of milk that you prefer.
- Butter or oil: Butter or oil is used to grease the pan and prevent the pancakes from sticking.
These are the basic ingredients you’ll need for easy fluffy pancakes from scratch. You can also add additional ingredients like vanilla extract or blueberries to customize the flavor of your pancakes. Once you have all the ingredients ready, you’ll be well on your way to making delicious, fluffy pancakes that are perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch.
In order to make fluffy pancakes from scratch, follow these simple steps:
- Gather your ingredients: To make these fluffy pancakes, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups of milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- Mix the dry ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix well to ensure that all the dry ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Mix the wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and melted butter until well combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients: Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir gently until the two mixtures are just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in dense pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes: Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Use a ladle or measuring cup to pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and the edges start to look set, then flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve and enjoy: Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and repeat the cooking process until all the batter has been used. Serve the fluffy pancakes warm with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, fresh fruit, or whipped cream.
With these step-by-step instructions, you’ll be able to make delicious and fluffy pancakes from scratch in no time. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Pancakes
1. Measure Ingredients Accurately
Measuring ingredients accurately is crucial for achieving the right consistency in your pancake batter. Use measuring cups and spoons to ensure you add the correct amount of flour, sugar, baking powder, and other ingredients. Too much or too little of any ingredient can affect the texture and taste of your pancakes.
2. Don’t Overmix the Batter
When mixing the batter, it’s important not to overmix it. Overmixing can develop gluten in the flour, resulting in tough pancakes. Instead, gently stir the ingredients together until they are just combined. There may still be a few lumps in the batter, but that’s okay. They will disappear as the pancakes cook.
3. Preheat the Pan
Before pouring the pancake batter onto the pan, make sure it is preheated. A hot pan ensures that the pancakes cook evenly and develop a nice golden-brown color. You can test if the pan is ready by sprinkling a few drops of water onto its surface. If the droplets sizzle and evaporate quickly, the pan is hot enough.
4. Use the Right Cooking Fat
Choosing the right cooking fat can also make a difference in the flavor and texture of your pancakes. Butter adds a rich flavor, but it can burn easily, so keep an eye on the heat. Vegetable oil or cooking spray are good alternatives that won’t burn as easily.
|Thin||The batter easily spreads when poured onto the pan and results in thin and crispy pancakes.|
|Thick||The batter does not spread much when poured onto the pan, resulting in thick and fluffy pancakes.|
By following these tips and tricks, you can achieve pancake perfection every time. Remember to measure your ingredients accurately, avoid overmixing the batter, preheat the pan, and choose the right cooking fat. With a little practice and experimentation, you’ll discover the perfect pancake recipe that suits your taste and preferences.