Are you a fan of KFC’s famous mashed potatoes? Now you can recreate this delicious side dish at home with this easy recipe. Whether you’re looking to make a quick and tasty meal or impress your guests at a dinner party, these KFC-style mashed potatoes are sure to hit the spot.
To make these mashed potatoes, you’ll need a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. The secret to getting that KFC flavor is using the right kind of potatoes and adding some special seasonings. Russet potatoes work best for this recipe, as they have a high starch content and yield a fluffy texture when mashed. You’ll also need butter, milk, salt, and pepper to taste.
To start, peel and chop the potatoes into small cubes. Then, place them in a large pot of boiling water and cook until they’re tender. Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a mixing bowl. Add butter, milk, salt, and pepper, and mash everything together until well combined. If you prefer a smoother consistency, you can use a hand mixer or a potato masher. Serve your KFC-style mashed potatoes hot, and enjoy!
Easy Mashed Potatoes (KFC Style)
To make mashed potatoes KFC style, you will need a few simple ingredients:
- Potatoes – Choose starchy potatoes like Russet or Yukon Gold for the best texture.
- Milk – Use whole milk or heavy cream to make the mashed potatoes rich and creamy.
- Butter – Adding butter gives the mashed potatoes a smooth and velvety texture.
- Salt and pepper – Season the mashed potatoes to taste with salt and pepper.
To prepare the mashed potatoes, start by peeling and cutting the potatoes into evenly sized pieces. Boil the potatoes in a pot of salted water until they are fork-tender. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
In a separate pot, heat the milk and butter until the butter is melted. Pour the milk and butter mixture over the potatoes and mash them until they reach your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For an extra touch of KFC flavor, you can also add a packet of KFC gravy mix to the mashed potatoes. This will give them a savory and delicious taste that is reminiscent of the famous fast food chain.
|Potatoes||1. Peel and cut the potatoes into evenly sized pieces.|
|Milk||2. Boil the potatoes in salted water until fork-tender.|
|Butter||3. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.|
|Salt and pepper||4. Heat the milk and butter in a separate pot until butter is melted.|
|5. Pour the milk and butter mixture over the potatoes and mash until desired consistency.|
|6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.|
With just a few ingredients and simple steps, you can enjoy homemade mashed potatoes with the delicious flavor of KFC. Serve them alongside your favorite main dish, and you’ll have a satisfying and comforting meal that everyone will love!
Ingredients and Equipment
When making easy mashed potatoes in KFC style, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 pounds of russet potatoes
- ½ cup of butter
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
You will also need the following equipment:
- A large pot for boiling the potatoes
- A colander for straining the potatoes
- A potato masher or a handheld mixer for mashing the potatoes
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients
Before you start making the mashed potatoes, gather all the necessary ingredients. You will need potatoes, butter, milk, salt, and pepper. You can also add some garlic powder or any other seasonings of your choice to enhance the flavor.
Step 2: Prepare the Potatoes
Start by peeling the potatoes and then cutting them into small, evenly-sized pieces. This will help ensure that they cook evenly and result in smooth mashed potatoes. Rinse the potato pieces under cold water to remove any excess starch.
Once the potatoes are cleaned, place them in a pot and add enough water to cover them. Add a pinch of salt to the water to enhance the flavor of the potatoes. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat and let the potatoes cook until they are fork-tender.
Step 3: Mash the Potatoes
Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them well and return them to the pot. Use a potato masher or a fork to mash the potatoes until they are smooth and free of lumps.
Step 4: Add the Butter and Milk
Add the butter and milk to the mashed potatoes while they are still hot. This will help the butter melt and the milk blend smoothly with the potatoes. Start by adding a small amount of butter and milk, and then gradually increase the quantity until you achieve the desired consistency.
Step 5: Season and Serve
Season the mashed potatoes with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you prefer. Taste the potatoes as you add the seasonings to adjust the flavor according to your preference. Once the mashed potatoes are well-seasoned, serve them hot alongside your favorite meal.
Tips and Variations
- Butter and milk: For a creamier texture, add more butter and milk gradually while mashing the potatoes. This will result in a smoother and richer mashed potato.
- Garlic: To add some extra flavor, you can add minced garlic to the mashed potatoes. Simply sauté the minced garlic in butter before adding it to the potatoes, or mix in some garlic powder.
- Cheese: For a cheesy twist, mix in shredded cheddar cheese or any other variety of cheese you prefer. This will add a deliciously gooey and melty texture to the mashed potatoes.
- Herbs and seasonings: Experiment with different herbs and seasonings to enhance the flavor of the mashed potatoes. Adding herbs like thyme, rosemary, or parsley can add a fresh and aromatic touch to the dish.
If you’re looking to make a larger batch of mashed potatoes, use the following measurements as a guide:
|Milk||1 1/2 cups|
Feel free to adjust the seasonings and measurements according to your taste preferences. Enjoy your homemade KFC-style easy mashed potatoes!