If you’re looking for a simple and healthy side dish to complement your meal, then look no further than these honey roasted carrots with tahini sauce. This recipe combines the natural sweetness of carrots with the rich and creamy flavor of tahini to create a dish that is both delicious and nutritious.
To make these honey roasted carrots, start by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C). Then, peel and trim the carrots, and cut them into even-sized pieces. Place the carrots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and drizzle them with olive oil, honey, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss the carrots to coat them evenly, and then roast them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and caramelized.
While the carrots are roasting, you can prepare the tahini sauce. Tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds, and it adds a creamy and nutty flavor to the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, garlic, water, and a pinch of salt until smooth and creamy. If the sauce is too thick, you can add more water to thin it out.
|– Carrots||– Tahini||– Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).|
|– Olive oil||– Lemon juice||– Peel and trim carrots, cut into even-sized pieces.|
|– Honey||– Garlic||– Place carrots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.|
|– Salt and pepper||– Water||– Drizzle carrots with olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.|
Once the carrots are roasted, transfer them to a serving dish and drizzle them with the tahini sauce. You can also sprinkle some fresh herbs, such as parsley or cilantro, on top for added freshness. These honey roasted carrots with tahini sauce make the perfect side dish for any occasion, and they are sure to impress your guests with their vibrant colors and delicious flavors.
- Carrots: You’ll need about 2 pounds of fresh carrots. Look for carrots that are firm and have a bright orange color.
- Olive Oil: You’ll need about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to coat the carrots before roasting. This will help them become tender and caramelized.
- Honey: About 2 tablespoons of honey will add a touch of sweetness to the carrots and enhance their natural flavors.
- Salt and Pepper: Season the carrots with salt and pepper to taste. This will help bring out their flavors and balance the sweetness of the honey.
- Tahini: The tahini sauce adds a creamy and nutty flavor to the dish. You’ll need about 1/4 cup of tahini.
- Lemon Juice: To give the tahini sauce a tangy and refreshing taste, add about 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Garlic: Adding a clove of minced garlic to the tahini sauce will give it a subtle kick of flavor.
- Water: You’ll need a few tablespoons of water to thin out the tahini sauce to your desired consistency.
- Parsley: Finely chopped parsley can be used as a garnish for the dish, adding a pop of freshness and color.
With these simple ingredients, you’ll be able to create a dish that is both visually appealing and bursting with flavor. The combination of the sweet roasted carrots and the creamy tahini sauce is a match made in culinary heaven. It’s a side dish that pairs well with a variety of main courses and is sure to impress your family and friends.
To make the honey roasted carrots with tahini sauce, follow these simple steps:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel the carrots, then cut them into small, even-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Add the carrots and toss until they are evenly coated.
- Spread the carrots out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly caramelized.
- While the carrots are roasting, prepare the tahini sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini paste, lemon juice, garlic, water, and salt. Add more water if needed to achieve a smooth and pourable consistency.
- Once the carrots are done roasting, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly. Drizzle the tahini sauce over the carrots and sprinkle with chopped parsley or sesame seeds for garnish.
- Serve the honey roasted carrots with tahini sauce as a delicious side dish or as a main course with additional protein.
Enjoy this flavorful and nutritious dish!
Serving and Storage
To serve, arrange the honey roasted carrots on a platter and drizzle the creamy tahini sauce over the top. Sprinkle some chopped parsley or cilantro on top for added freshness and flavor. The tahini sauce can also be served on the side for dipping.
If there are any leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The roasted carrots will keep well for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, simply place them in the microwave or oven until warmed through.
It’s important to note that the texture of the roasted carrots may change slightly after refrigeration, but they will still be delicious. To refresh the flavors, you can drizzle a little extra tahini sauce over the carrots before serving.