The Lemon Pudding Cake is a delicious dessert that combines the flavors of tangy lemon and creamy pudding. It is a simple recipe that uses basic ingredients like flour, sugar, eggs, and lemons. The cake has a unique texture, with a light and fluffy cake layer on top and a creamy lemon pudding layer at the bottom.
To make the Lemon Pudding Cake, you will start by mixing together the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, and salt. Then, you will separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredients and reserving the whites for later. You will also need to zest and juice the lemons, adding the zest and juice to the batter for a burst of citrus flavor.
The Lemon Pudding Cake recipe requires the following ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional, for dusting)
All of these ingredients are readily available in most kitchens, making it convenient to whip up this delicious dessert. The combination of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt forms the base of the cake batter. Milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice contribute to the rich and tangy flavor of the pudding cake. Boiling water is added to create a luscious custard-like layer on the bottom of the cake.
Recipe: Lemon Pudding Cake
To prepare Lemon Pudding Cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×9-inch baking dish.
- Grate the zest of 2 lemons and set it aside. Juice the 2 lemons and set the juice aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup of sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, melted butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add the milk and mix until well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the batter until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and smooth the top.
- Place the baking dish in a larger baking pan and fill the larger pan with hot water, about halfway up the sides of the smaller dish. This will create a water bath for even baking.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and set, and the center is slightly jiggly.
- Remove the baking dish from the water bath and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve the Lemon Pudding Cake warm or at room temperature. It can be enjoyed plain or with a dusting of powdered sugar, whipped cream, or fresh berries.
Tips from professional chefs for making Lemon Pudding Cake
When it comes to making a perfect Lemon Pudding Cake, professional chefs have some valuable tips to share. Here are a few recommendations to ensure your pudding cake turns out delicious and full of flavor:
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice: For the best lemon flavor, it is important to use fresh lemon juice rather than bottled juice. Freshly squeezed juice provides a bright and tangy taste that enhances the overall flavor of the cake.
- Separate and whip the egg whites: To achieve a light and airy texture, it is crucial to separate the egg whites from the yolks and whip them until stiff peaks form. Incorporating the whipped egg whites into the batter gently will help create a fluffy pudding cake with a delicate structure.
- Adjust the sugar level: Depending on your personal preference and the tartness of your lemons, you may need to adjust the amount of sugar in the recipe. Taste the batter before baking and add more sugar if desired, ensuring a perfect balance of sweetness and acidity in the final result.
Following these tips from professional chefs will help you create a Lemon Pudding Cake that is bursting with bright lemon flavor and has a delightful texture. Enjoy this refreshing dessert on its own or with a dollop of whipped cream for an extra indulgence!
I recently tried the Lemon Pudding Cake recipe and it turned out to be absolutely delicious! The combination of the tangy lemon flavor and the moist cake was simply heavenly. The recipe was easy to follow and the ingredients were readily available in my pantry, making it a convenient choice for a quick dessert. The cake had a lovely balance of sweetness and tartness, and the pudding layer underneath added a creamy texture that was delightful on the palate. It was a perfect ending to a meal and left everyone craving for more.
One thing I particularly loved about this Lemon Pudding Cake is that it was not overly sweet. The tartness of the lemon was perfectly balanced with just the right amount of sugar, making it a refreshing and light dessert option. The texture of the cake was also spot-on – fluffy and moist. The lemon zest added an extra burst of citrus flavor, enhancing the overall taste of the cake. I served it with a dollop of whipped cream on top, which added a creamy element that complemented the tangy lemon flavor perfectly.
The Lemon Pudding Cake was also visually appealing. The golden brown top of the cake had a beautiful crust, while the pudding layer underneath was velvety and smooth. The aroma of the freshly baked cake filled my kitchen and created a warm and inviting atmosphere. This recipe is definitely a keeper and I cannot wait to make it again for my friends and family. If you are a fan of lemon desserts, I highly recommend giving this Lemon Pudding Cake a try – you won’t be disappointed!
The Lemon Pudding Cake is an absolute delight! As an avid baker, I am always on the lookout for recipes that bring a burst of flavor to the table, and this cake does just that. The combination of the tangy lemon flavors with the rich, moist texture of the cake is simply heavenly.
What makes this recipe truly unique is the way the cake separates into two distinct layers as it bakes. On top, you have a light and fluffy cake layer, while underneath, there is a creamy, lemon-infused pudding that oozes with every bite. The contrast between the two layers adds a beautiful depth of flavor, making each mouthful truly irresistible.
I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this Lemon Pudding Cake was to prepare. With just a handful of ingredients that are likely already in your pantry, you can whip up a dessert that looks and tastes like it came from a high-end bakery. The recipe instructions were clear and easy to follow, resulting in a perfectly baked cake every time.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply treating yourself to a sweet indulgence, I highly recommend trying the Lemon Pudding Cake. You won’t be disappointed with its vibrant citrus flavors and luxurious texture. Give it a try and prepare to be blown away!
I recently tried the Lemon Pudding Cake recipe, and I must say, it was absolutely delicious! The tangy lemon flavor combined with the light and fluffy texture made it a perfect dessert for a summer evening. The recipe was easy to follow, and I had all the ingredients on hand, which was a plus. The cake had a beautiful golden brown crust on the outside, and when I cut into it, a luscious lemony pudding was revealed. The balance of sweetness and tartness was spot on, and it left me wanting more.
One thing that impressed me about this recipe was how versatile it was. I decided to serve the Lemon Pudding Cake with a dollop of whipped cream, and it complemented the flavors perfectly. I can also imagine it being paired with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh berries for an extra special treat. The cake stayed moist for several days, and the lemon flavor seemed to intensify over time. It would be a great dessert to make ahead of time for a dinner party or gathering.
All in all, I highly recommend trying the Lemon Pudding Cake recipe. It’s a refreshing and delightful dessert that is sure to impress your guests or satisfy your own sweet tooth. The combination of the tangy lemon and the light, fluffy cake is simply irresistible. I will definitely be making it again soon!