If you’re looking for a delicious and easy side dish, look no further than Parmesan Garlic Delicata Squash. This recipe combines the sweet and tender delicata squash with the savory flavors of Parmesan cheese and garlic. The result is an irresistible dish that is perfect for any occasion.
Delicata squash is a winter squash that has a delicate, sweet flavor and a creamy texture. It is known for its thin skin, which is edible and does not need to be peeled. This makes it a quick and easy vegetable to prepare. The squash is sliced into rings and then roasted until tender.
- 2 delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the delicata squash in half lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds using a spoon. Slice the squash into rings about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the delicata squash rings to the bowl and toss until they are well coated in the Parmesan garlic mixture.
- Spread the squash rings out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping the squash rings halfway through, until they are golden brown and tender.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This Parmesan Garlic Delicata Squash is a versatile side dish that pairs well with a variety of main courses. It can be served as a healthy alternative to fries or as a tasty addition to salads and grain bowls. The combination of the sweet delicata squash, the salty Parmesan cheese, and the garlicky flavor make this dish a crowd-pleaser.
Next time you’re looking for a quick and delicious side dish, give this Parmesan Garlic Delicata Squash a try. You won’t be disappointed!
What is Delicata Squash?
Delicata squash is a popular choice for cooking because of its tender skin, which does not need to be peeled before eating. The skin becomes soft and edible when roasted, making it quick and easy to prepare. The flesh of the squash is creamy and smooth, with a texture that is similar to sweet potatoes.
- Nutritional Benefits: Delicata squash is a nutritious vegetable that is low in calories and fat. It is a good source of fiber, potassium, and vitamins A and C. It also contains antioxidants, which can help protect the body against damage caused by harmful free radicals.
- Storage: Delicata squash can be stored for several months in a cool, dry place, such as a pantry or cellar. It is important to keep the squash away from moisture, as this can cause it to rot. Once cut, the squash should be stored in the refrigerator and used within a few days.
- Preparation: Delicata squash is a versatile vegetable that can be cooked in a variety of ways. It can be roasted, sautéed, or stuffed. The seeds of the squash can also be roasted and enjoyed as a crunchy snack.
In summary, delicata squash is a delicious and nutritious winter vegetable that is easy to prepare and store. Its sweet, nutty flavor pairs well with a variety of other ingredients, making it a versatile addition to any meal.