Looking for a tasty and refreshing meal? Pork Milanese with Lemony Green Salad is the perfect choice! This dish combines breaded and fried pork cutlets with a zesty lemony green salad, creating a delicious and satisfying meal.
To make the pork Milanese, start by pounding the pork cutlets until they are thin and tender. Then, dip them in beaten eggs and coat them in a mixture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Fry the cutlets until they are golden brown and crispy.
While the pork is cooking, prepare the lemony green salad. Toss together a mixture of fresh salad greens, such as arugula and spinach, with thinly sliced red onion and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle the salad with a bright and tangy lemon dressing made from lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, and honey.
Once the pork cutlets are done, serve them alongside the lemony green salad for a delightful combination of flavors and textures. The crispy and flavorful pork pairs perfectly with the fresh and citrusy salad, creating a well-balanced and satisfying meal that will leave you wanting more. Enjoy this Pork Milanese with Lemony Green Salad for a delicious and refreshing dinner option!
What is Pork Milanese?
To prepare Pork Milanese, thin slices of pork are pounded to tenderize them and then coated in a mixture of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian herbs. The breaded pork cutlets are then fried until crispy and golden brown. The result is a deliciously crispy and flavorful dish, with a juicy and tender interior.
The breading gives the pork a satisfying crunch, while the Parmesan cheese adds a savory and nutty flavor. The Italian herbs, such as oregano, parsley, and basil, provide a fragrant and aromatic taste. This combination of flavors and textures makes Pork Milanese a favorite dish among many Italian food lovers.
How to Make Pork Milanese
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Place the pork chops between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound them with a meat mallet until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Set up a breading station with three shallow bowls. In the first bowl, place the flour. In the second bowl, beat the eggs. In the third bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper.
- Dredge each pork chop in the flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip it into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off. Finally, coat it in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the breaded pork chops and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the cooked pork chops to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve the Pork Milanese hot, accompanied by a lemony green salad or your favorite side dish.
- For extra crispiness, refrigerate the breaded pork chops for about 30 minutes before frying.
- If you prefer a lighter version, you can bake the breaded pork chops in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
Making Pork Milanese is a straightforward process that yields a flavorful and satisfying dish. The crispy and golden breaded pork chop pairs perfectly with the tartness of a lemony green salad, creating a balanced and delicious meal.
How to Make Lemony Green Salad
To make a refreshing and tangy lemony green salad, start by gathering the following ingredients:
- 1 head of lettuce, such as romaine or butter lettuce
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Once you have all the ingredients ready, you can begin preparing the salad:
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves and baby spinach. Tear them into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sliced cucumber and diced avocado to the bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, juice the lemon and whisk together with an equal amount of extra virgin olive oil. This will be the dressing for the salad.
- Pour the lemon and olive oil dressing over the salad, keeping a little bit aside for drizzling later.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste. Toss everything together gently to ensure all the ingredients are coated in the dressing.
- Transfer the salad to a serving plate or bowl, and drizzle the remaining dressing over the top.
Once the lemony green salad is prepared, it can be served as a refreshing accompaniment to the Pork Milanese or enjoyed on its own as a light and healthy meal. The tangy lemon dressing adds a burst of flavor to the fresh greens, making it the perfect side dish for any occasion.