If you’re craving a delicious and comforting Mexican meal, look no further than these easy chicken enchiladas. This recipe takes all the flavors of traditional enchiladas and simplifies the process so that you can have a tasty dinner on the table in no time.
The star of these enchiladas is the tender and juicy chicken filling. It’s seasoned with a blend of fragrant spices, including cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder, which give it a rich and savory flavor. The chicken is cooked until it’s perfectly tender and then shredded, making it easy to roll up in the tortillas.
The key ingredients for making Easy Chicken Enchiladas are:
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce
These ingredients provide a perfect combination of flavors and textures that make these enchiladas delicious and satisfying. The shredded chicken adds a protein-packed element, while the diced onion and bell pepper contribute a fresh and savory taste. The black beans and diced tomatoes give the enchiladas a hearty and filling quality. The diced green chilies provide a slight kick of spice, which can be adjusted to taste. The shredded cheese adds a creamy and melty factor, while the fresh cilantro adds a pop of brightness. The spices – ground cumin and chili powder – infuse the dish with a rich and aromatic flavor. The flour tortillas are the perfect vessel to hold all the ingredients together, and the enchilada sauce adds a tangy and flavorful finishing touch to the dish. Together, these ingredients create a mouthwatering meal that is sure to impress.
Step-by-step instructions for Easy Chicken Enchiladas:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add diced chicken breast to the skillet and cook until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Stir in minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in drained and rinsed black beans, diced green chilies, and chopped fresh cilantro. Set aside.
4. Warm flour tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken filling in the center of each tortilla. Roll the tortilla tightly and place seam side down in a greased baking dish.
5. In a separate bowl, combine enchilada sauce and sour cream. Pour the sauce mixture over the enchiladas in the baking dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the top.
6. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
7. Serve the Easy Chicken Enchiladas hot with additional toppings such as sliced avocado, diced tomatoes, and sour cream, if desired.
Tips from Professional Chefs for Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
Preparing a delicious and flavorful batch of Easy Chicken Enchiladas requires some tips and tricks from professional chefs. Here are a few expert recommendations to help you elevate your cooking:
- Choose the right tortillas: When selecting tortillas for your enchiladas, opt for corn tortillas instead of flour ones. Corn tortillas are more traditional and will hold their shape better when baked. To prevent them from cracking, lightly steam or microwave them before rolling.
- Roast your chicken: For the most flavorful chicken filling, roast bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts or thighs instead of using pre-cooked chicken. The roasting process will add richness and depth to the meat. Once cooked, shred the chicken with two forks for a perfect texture.
- Make your own sauce: Homemade enchilada sauce is always better than store-bought. It’s fairly easy to make and allows you to control the flavors and spice level. Use a combination of dried chilies, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and spices to create a robust and tangy sauce.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create mouthwatering Easy Chicken Enchiladas that are sure to impress your family and friends!
I recently tried the Easy Chicken Enchiladas recipe and I must say, it was a winner in my household. The combination of tender chicken, flavorful spices, and gooey melted cheese made for a perfect dinner option. The recipe was incredibly simple to follow, making it a great option for someone like me who doesn’t have a lot of experience in the kitchen.
The first step in the recipe was to prepare the chicken, which I did by poaching it in a mixture of broth and spices. This not only infused the chicken with wonderful flavors, but also made it incredibly tender and juicy. Once the chicken was cooked, I shredded it and set it aside for later use.
The next step was to prepare the sauce for the enchiladas. Again, this was a simple process that involved sautéing onions and garlic in a little bit of oil, then adding in tomato sauce and spices. The sauce had a perfect balance of flavors, with just the right amount of heat from the spices. It was thick and rich, coating the chicken perfectly and adding a delicious layer of flavor to the enchiladas.
Once the sauce was ready, I filled corn tortillas with the shredded chicken and rolled them up tightly. I placed them in a baking dish and poured the remaining sauce over the top, making sure each enchilada was coated generously. Finally, I sprinkled a generous amount of cheese on top and baked it in the oven until the cheese was melted and bubbly.
The end result was a plate of enchiladas that looked absolutely appetizing. The smell alone was enough to make my mouth water. When I took my first bite, I was blown away by the combination of flavors. The chicken was tender and flavorful, while the sauce added a delicious tanginess and the melted cheese brought everything together. It was a meal that I will definitely be making again in the future!
The Easy Chicken Enchiladas recipe is truly a winner! I recently made this dish for a family dinner and it was a huge hit. The recipe itself was incredibly easy to follow and the result was absolutely delicious. The combination of tender chicken, flavorful spices, and gooey cheese was a match made in heaven. I loved how the tortillas soaked up the flavorful sauce, making each bite burst with flavor.
What I appreciated the most about this recipe was how versatile it was. I was able to customize it to my family’s preferences by adding extra veggies and spices. The result was a dish that was both tasty and nutritious. I also liked that I could easily make a large batch of these enchiladas and freeze them for later. This made for a quick and convenient meal on busy weeknights.
The Easy Chicken Enchiladas recipe will definitely be a regular in my kitchen from now on. With its simple ingredients and delicious flavor, it’s a perfect dish for both casual dinners and special occasions. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try!
The Easy Chicken Enchiladas recipe is absolutely amazing! I recently tried it for dinner and it was a huge hit with my family. The recipe is very easy to follow and the end result is delicious. The flavors are perfect – the chicken is tender and flavorful, the enchilada sauce is rich and tangy, and the melted cheese on top adds a wonderful creaminess.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how customizable it is. I like to add some diced onions and bell peppers to the filling for some extra crunch and flavor. I also like to top the enchiladas with some sliced avocado and a dollop of sour cream for added creaminess. The possibilities are endless!
This recipe is also a great choice for entertaining. It’s easy to make a large batch and it can be prepared ahead of time, which makes it perfect for parties or gatherings. I recently made these enchiladas for a dinner party and everyone loved them. They were a big hit and I received so many compliments. I will definitely be making this recipe again and again!