If you’re a fan of bananas foster and shortcake, then this 15 minute recipe is perfect for you! Combining the rich flavors of caramelized bananas with the light and fluffy texture of shortcake, this dessert is sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
To make this delicious treat, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients: ripe bananas, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla extract, pre-made shortcake biscuits, and whipped cream. Within minutes, you’ll have a mouthwatering dessert that can be enjoyed any time of day.
Start by melting butter in a skillet over medium heat. Slice the bananas and add them to the skillet, along with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir the mixture gently until the bananas are coated and begin to caramelize. This process should take about 5 minutes.
While the bananas are cooking, heat the pre-made shortcake biscuits in the oven according to the package instructions. Once they’re warm, split them in half horizontally and place a spoonful of the caramelized bananas on the bottom half. Top with the other half of the biscuit and drizzle with a bit of vanilla extract.
Finally, add a dollop of whipped cream to each shortcake and serve immediately. The combination of warm, gooey bananas and fluffy shortcake is simply irresistible. Your guests will be asking for seconds!
Prep Your Ingredients
To make the 15 Minute Bananas Foster Shortcake, it’s important to have all your ingredients prepared and ready to go. This will help you save time and ensure that your shortcake turns out delicious and perfectly cooked.
Here’s a list of the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Shortcakes or biscuits
Before you start cooking, make sure to gather all these ingredients and measure them out according to the recipe instructions. Having your ingredients measured and ready will make the cooking process smoother and more efficient.
In addition to measuring out your ingredients, you’ll also need to prepare your bananas by slicing them into thin pieces. This will ensure that they cook evenly and quickly in the skillet.
Once you have all your ingredients prepped and measured, you’re ready to start making the 15 Minute Bananas Foster Shortcake. Follow the recipe instructions step by step, and in no time, you’ll have a delicious dessert that everyone will love!
Gather all the necessary ingredients for the recipe
- Bananas: You will need ripe bananas that are sweet and firm.
- Shortcakes: Purchase or make your own shortcakes. You can use store-bought biscuits or bake your own using a simple recipe.
- Butter: Unsalted butter is preferred for this recipe.
- Brown sugar: Use light or dark brown sugar for a rich, caramel flavor.
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon adds warm and comforting undertones to the dessert.
- Vanilla extract: Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Rum: Dark rum is traditionally used in Bananas Foster, but you can use any rum you prefer or omit it if you prefer a non-alcoholic version.
- Whipped cream: Optional but highly recommended for serving. You can use homemade whipped cream or store-bought.
Once you have gathered all the ingredients, you will be ready to start preparing the 15 Minute Bananas Foster Shortcake recipe. Make sure to have all the ingredients measured and prepped before beginning the cooking process for a smooth and efficient experience.
Prepare the Shortcakes
To prepare the shortcakes for the bananas foster recipe, follow these simple steps:
1. Gather the Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup milk
2. Mix the Dry Ingredients:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together until well combined.
3. Cut in the Butter:
- Add the cold and cut unsalted butter to the dry ingredient mixture.
- Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add the Milk:
- Pour the milk into the bowl with the dry and butter mixture.
- Stir the ingredients together until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
5. Shape the Shortcakes:
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Gently knead the dough a few times to bring it together.
- Pat the dough into a circle that is about 1 inch thick.
6. Cut the Shortcakes:
|Option 1: Round Shortcakes||Option 2: Square Shortcakes|
|Use a round biscuit cutter to cut out individual rounds of dough.||Use a knife to cut the dough into square shapes.|
|Place the rounds onto a baking sheet.||Place the squares onto a baking sheet.|
7. Bake the Shortcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Bake the shortcakes for about 12-15 minutes, or until they turn golden brown.
- Remove the shortcakes from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
By following these steps, you’ll have freshly baked shortcakes that are ready to be topped with the delicious bananas foster mixture.