Easy Chinese Fried Noodles is a quick and delicious dish that can be made in under 30 minutes. This recipe is a great way to satisfy your Chinese food cravings without having to order takeout. The noodles are stir-fried with a combination of vegetables and sauces, resulting in a flavorful and satisfying dish.
The key to making this recipe is using the right type of noodles. Chinese egg noodles or chow mein noodles work best for this dish. These noodles have a slightly chewy texture and can hold up well to stir frying. You can find them in the Asian section of most supermarkets or at your local Asian grocery store.
Ingredients for Easy Chinese Fried Noodles
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make Easy Chinese Fried Noodles:
- 8 ounces of Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 cup of cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
These ingredients can easily be found at your local grocery store or Asian market. Chinese egg noodles are usually available in the Asian or international section of the store. If you can’t find them, you can substitute with any type of thin noodles, such as spaghetti or soba noodles.
Tip: You can customize the vegetable ingredients to your liking. Feel free to add or substitute with other vegetables such as mushrooms, snow peas, or bok choy.
The combination of soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil gives these fried noodles a rich umami flavor. Make sure to adjust the seasoning to your taste preferences by adding more or less soy sauce and salt. It’s also important to not overcook the noodles to maintain their texture and prevent them from becoming mushy.
To make Easy Chinese Fried Noodles, follow these simple steps:
- Prepare the noodles: Boil a large pot of water and cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent them from sticking together.
- Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and sugar. Set aside.
- Cook the vegetables and protein: Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the vegetables and protein of your choice, such as sliced bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms, and tofu or chicken. Stir-fry until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the protein is cooked through.
- Add the noodles and sauce: Push the vegetables and protein to one side of the skillet and add the cooked noodles to the other side. Pour the sauce over the noodles and toss everything together until well coated.
- Garnish and serve: Sprinkle the fried noodles with chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve hot and enjoy!
These easy steps will help you create a delicious plate of Chinese fried noodles in no time. Feel free to customize the recipe by adding your favorite vegetables and protein for a personalized touch. Enjoy!
Tips from professional chefs for making Easy Chinese Fried Noodles
When it comes to making Easy Chinese Fried Noodles, professional chefs have some valuable tips to share. These tips will help you achieve the perfect texture, flavor, and presentation for this classic Chinese dish.
- Choose the right noodles: The type of noodle you use can make a big difference in the final dish. Opt for fresh or dried noodles specifically labeled for stir-frying. These noodles are typically thicker and have a chewier texture that holds up well to the stir-frying process. Avoid using thin, delicate noodles like vermicelli, as they can become mushy when cooked.
- Prep all the ingredients beforehand: Stir-frying happens quickly, so it’s important to have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go before you start cooking. Chop your vegetables, measure out sauces and spices, and have everything within arm’s reach. This will help you maintain control over the heat and prevent overcooking or burning any of the ingredients.
- Use high heat and a large wok or skillet: Chinese stir-frying is all about high heat and quick cooking. To achieve that smoky, charred flavor and perfectly cooked noodles, make sure to heat your wok or skillet until it’s almost smoking hot. This will ensure that your noodles get a nice sear and stay crisp-tender. It’s also essential to use a wok or skillet with a large surface area, allowing the noodles to spread out and cook evenly.
Pro tip: To prevent your noodles from sticking together, make sure to cook them in boiling salted water until they are just al dente, then shock them under cold running water to stop the cooking process. Toss them with a little oil to prevent further sticking.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating a delicious and authentic plate of Easy Chinese Fried Noodles that will impress everyone at your table.
I recently tried the Easy Chinese Fried Noodles recipe and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious and flavorful it turned out. As someone who enjoys cooking and experimenting with different cuisines, I was excited to try my hand at making Chinese food from scratch. This recipe did not disappoint.
The first thing that caught my attention was how easy it was to follow the recipe. The instructions were clear and concise, and the ingredients were readily available at my local grocery store. I appreciated that the recipe included specific measurements and cooking times, making it easy to achieve the desired result.
The end result was a plate of perfectly cooked noodles that were packed with flavor. The combination of soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil created a rich and savory sauce that coated the noodles beautifully. The addition of vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, and snow peas added a refreshing crunch and a hint of sweetness, balancing out the overall taste.
I also appreciated how versatile this recipe was. While I followed the recipe exactly as written, there are endless possibilities for customization. One could add protein like chicken, beef, or shrimp, or even experiment with different vegetables and spices to suit their personal taste preferences.
In conclusion, I highly recommend the Easy Chinese Fried Noodles recipe to anyone looking to enjoy a flavorful and satisfying meal. Whether you’re a beginner in the kitchen or a seasoned cook, this recipe is a winner. It’s a great way to bring the flavors of Chinese cuisine into your own home, and it’s sure to impress friends and family. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!
I recently tried the recipe for “Easy Chinese Fried Noodles” and I was blown away by how delicious they turned out to be. As someone who loves to cook and try new recipes, I was excited to give this one a go. The ingredients were easy to find and the process was simple enough to follow.
The noodles came out perfectly cooked with just the right amount of chewiness. The sauce was flavorful and had a nice balance of sweet and savory. I loved how the vegetables added freshness and crunch to the dish. The recipe also called for a protein of choice, and I opted for chicken, which paired perfectly with the noodles and veggies.
What surprised me the most was how authentic the flavors were. It truly tasted like something I would order from a Chinese restaurant. The dish had that perfect umami taste and the aromas filled my kitchen, making me even more excited to eat it. This recipe is definitely a keeper and one that I will be making again in the future.
The Easy Chinese Fried Noodles recipe is a great addition to my repertoire of quick and tasty meals. As a busy professional woman, I often find myself short on time but still wanting to enjoy a homemade meal. These noodles provide the perfect solution, as they are not only incredibly easy to make but also packed with delicious flavors.
First, I love how versatile this recipe is. I can easily customize it to my taste by adding different vegetables or proteins. It’s a great way to use up leftover ingredients in my fridge and create a satisfying and wholesome meal. The noodles themselves have a wonderful chewy texture that pairs perfectly with the savory sauce.
The key to the success of this recipe is the sauce. It’s a simple combination of soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil that brings all the flavors together. I particularly enjoy the balance of umami from the soy sauce and the slight sweetness from the oyster sauce. The addition of garlic and ginger adds a nice depth of flavor that elevates the dish.
Overall, I highly recommend the Easy Chinese Fried Noodles recipe to anyone looking for a quick and tasty meal. It’s perfect for busy weeknights when you want something flavorful and satisfying without spending hours in the kitchen. Plus, it’s a great way to experiment with different vegetables and proteins to create your own personalized version. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!