If you’re looking for a delicious and easy chicken recipe, you’ve come to the right place. This rosemary baked chicken drumsticks recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a weeknight dinner or a Sunday family gathering. The combination of tender chicken drumsticks and fragrant rosemary creates a mouthwatering dish that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
To make this recipe, you’ll need a few simple ingredients. Start by preheating your oven to 425°F (220°C) and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, coat the chicken drumsticks with olive oil and season them with salt, pepper, and minced garlic. For extra flavor, sprinkle fresh rosemary leaves over the chicken and gently rub them in.
Once the chicken drumsticks are seasoned, arrange them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. This will ensure that they cook evenly and develop a crispy skin. Bake the chicken for about 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). The high oven temperature will help seal in the juices, resulting in moist and tender chicken.
|– Chicken drumsticks||1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).|
|– Olive oil||2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.|
|– Salt and pepper||3. Coat the chicken drumsticks with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and minced garlic.|
|– Minced garlic||4. Sprinkle fresh rosemary leaves over the chicken and rub gently.|
|– Fresh rosemary||5. Arrange the chicken drumsticks in a single layer on the baking sheet.|
|6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).|
Once the chicken drumsticks are done, remove them from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes. This will allow the juices to redistribute, resulting in tender and succulent meat. Serve the rosemary baked chicken drumsticks with your favorite side dishes, such as roasted vegetables or a fresh salad, for a complete and satisfying meal. Enjoy!
- Chicken Drumsticks: This recipe calls for chicken drumsticks as the main protein. Make sure to choose high-quality drumsticks for the best results.
- Rosemary: Fresh rosemary is used to infuse a rich and aromatic flavor into the chicken. It adds a pleasant herbal note to the dish.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is used to coat the chicken drumsticks and help them brown evenly while baking. It also contributes to the dish’s overall flavor.
- Garlic: Garlic cloves are minced or finely chopped to add a savory taste and depth of flavor to the chicken.
- Lemon: The juice and zest of a lemon are used to bring a bright and citrusy element to the dish. It adds a refreshing tanginess that complements the other flavors.
- Salt and Pepper: These common seasonings are essential to enhance the overall taste of the chicken.
These ingredients come together to create a delicious and aromatic dish that is perfect for any occasion. The combination of rosemary, garlic, and lemon adds a wonderful depth of flavor to the chicken drumsticks, making them tender, juicy, and full of savory goodness. The olive oil helps to crisp the skin while keeping the meat moist. Overall, these ingredients work harmoniously to create a flavorful and satisfying meal.
To make Rosemary Baked Chicken Drumsticks, follow these simple steps:
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease a baking dish or line it with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
2. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a flavorful marinade for the chicken drumsticks.
3. Place the drumsticks in a large bowl or a ziplock bag and pour the marinade over them. Make sure each drumstick is coated evenly. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
4. While the chicken is marinating, prepare the breadcrumb mixture. In a shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, and dried rosemary. Mix well to incorporate all the ingredients.
5. Remove the chicken drumsticks from the marinade, shaking off any excess, and coat them in the breadcrumb mixture. Press the drumsticks firmly into the mixture to ensure that the breadcrumbs adhere well.
6. Place the coated drumsticks onto the greased or lined baking dish, arranging them in a single layer. This will allow the drumsticks to cook evenly and become crispy on all sides.
7. Bake the drumsticks in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is golden brown and crispy. You can test the doneness of the chicken by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the drumstick. It should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C).
8. Once the drumsticks are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and ensure tender and flavorful chicken.
9. Serve the Rosemary Baked Chicken Drumsticks hot with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables or a fresh salad. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
1. Marinate the chicken:
For added flavor, marinate the chicken drumsticks in the rosemary and garlic mixture for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. This will infuse the chicken with the aromatic flavors and help tenderize the meat.
2. Use different herbs:
If you’re not a fan of rosemary, you can experiment with other herbs such as thyme, oregano, or basil. Each herb will bring a unique flavor profile to the dish.
3. Try different spices:
In addition to rosemary, you can add other spices like paprika, cayenne pepper, or even a touch of cinnamon to give the chicken a spicy or smoky kick. Experiment with different spice combinations to find your favorite.
4. Add a touch of sweetness:
If you prefer a slightly sweet flavor, add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup to the marinade mixture. This will create a caramelized glaze on the chicken drumsticks during baking.
5. Make a dipping sauce:
Serve the Rosemary Baked Chicken Drumsticks with a homemade dipping sauce for extra flavor. You can try a simple garlic aioli, honey mustard, or a tangy barbecue sauce.
6. Serve with sides:
Pair the chicken drumsticks with a variety of sides such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh green salad. The savory flavors of the chicken will complement the sides nicely.
7. Cooking time variations:
The cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken drumsticks. It’s essential to cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure it’s fully cooked. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
With these tips and variations, you can customize the Rosemary Baked Chicken Drumsticks recipe to suit your taste preferences and create a delicious and flavorful meal.