If you’re looking for a delicious and flavorful side dish, look no further than these Rosemary Baked Potato Wedges. This recipe combines the simplicity of potatoes with the aromatic flavors of rosemary and garlic to create a dish that is both comforting and sophisticated.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into wedges. Leave the skin on for added texture.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the potato wedges to the bowl and toss them until they are well coated with the mixture.
- Spread the wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
These Rosemary Baked Potato Wedges are a versatile side dish that pairs well with a variety of main courses. They are perfect for serving at a barbecue, as an accompaniment to grilled meats or burgers. The combination of the earthy rosemary and savory garlic elevates the flavor of the potatoes, making them a standout dish.
One of the best things about this recipe is its simplicity. With just a few ingredients and minimal prep time, you can create a flavorful and satisfying side dish that will impress your family and friends. The crispy exterior and tender interior of the potato wedges make them a crowd-pleasing option for any occasion.
Tips for Perfectly Crispy Potato Wedges
1. Choose the Right Potatoes
Not all potatoes are created equal when it comes to making crispy wedges. Opt for starchy potatoes like Russet or Idaho as they have less moisture and a higher starch content, making them ideal for achieving crispy exteriors.
2. Soak the Potatoes
To remove excess starch and help dry out the potatoes, soak the cut potato wedges in cold water for about 30 minutes before baking. This step will make the potato wedges crispier and prevent them from becoming mushy.
3. Dry Thoroughly
Ensure the potato wedges are completely dry before adding any seasoning or olive oil. Use a kitchen towel or paper towels to pat them dry thoroughly. Removing the moisture will help the wedges crisp up in the oven.
4. Use High Heat
Preheat your oven to a high temperature, around 425°F (220°C) or higher. The high heat will help to sear and crisp the surface of the potato wedges, giving them a satisfying crunch.
5. Spread Out Evenly
Avoid overcrowding the baking sheet. Spread the potato wedges out in a single layer, allowing air to circulate around them. Crowding the pan will lead to steaming rather than baking, resulting in soft wedges instead of crispy ones.
6. Flip and Rotate
For even browning, flip the potato wedges halfway through the baking time. This will ensure both sides get crispy and golden brown. You can also rotate the baking sheet if you notice any uneven browning.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to achieve perfectly crispy potato wedges with a soft and fluffy interior, making them an irresistible side dish or snack.