If you’re looking for a delicious and effortless biscuit recipe, look no further than these Easy Cheese Drop Biscuits. Packed with cheesy goodness, these biscuits are perfect for a quick snack or as a side dish to accompany any meal. The best part? They require minimal ingredients and little effort.
Made with a combination of flour, baking powder, salt, butter, and shredded cheese, these biscuits come together in no time. The dough is simply dropped onto a baking sheet, eliminating the need for rolling and cutting. This makes them a great option for those who are new to baking or those who prefer a simpler approach.
These Easy Cheese Drop Biscuits are incredibly versatile and can be customized to fit your taste preferences. You can use any type of shredded cheese you like, such as cheddar, mozzarella, or even pepper jack for an extra kick of spice. They can also be enhanced with the addition of herbs or spices, such as garlic powder, paprika, or dried parsley. However you choose to make them, one thing is for sure – these biscuits are sure to be a hit!
Gather your ingredients
Before you start, make sure you have all the necessary ingredients on hand. You will need:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup of milk
Mix the dry ingredients
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the cold butter to the bowl and use your hands or a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add the cheese and milk
Next, add the grated cheddar cheese to the bowl and mix it into the dry ingredients. Pour in the milk and stir until the dough comes together.
Drop the biscuits
Scoop heaping spoonfuls of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them a few inches apart. You can use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to do this.
Bake and enjoy
Finally, bake the biscuits in a preheated oven at 425°F (220°C) for about 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown on top. Let them cool slightly before serving. These cheesy drop biscuits are perfect as a side dish or for breakfast!
Gather the Ingredients and Preheat the Oven
First, let’s take a look at the ingredients you will need:
- All-purpose flour: You will need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Baking powder: You will need 1 tablespoon of baking powder to help the biscuits rise.
- Salt: You will need 1/2 teaspoon of salt to enhance the flavors in the biscuits.
- Unsalted butter: You will need 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, cold and cubed, to create a flaky texture.
- Milk: You will need 3/4 cup of milk to bind the ingredients together.
- Shredded cheese: You will need 1 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or any other cheese of your choice) for a delicious cheesy flavor.
- Optional toppings: You can also gather any optional toppings like garlic powder, black pepper, or herbs to add extra flavor to the biscuits.
Once you have gathered all the ingredients, it’s time to preheat the oven. Preheating the oven ensures that it reaches the desired temperature before you start baking the biscuits. For this recipe, preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
Now that you have all the ingredients ready and the oven preheated, you are prepared to move on to the next steps in making Easy Cheese Drop Biscuits.
Mix the Dough and Drop the Biscuits
Next, milk and shredded cheese are added to the bowl, and the ingredients are gently mixed until just combined. It’s important not to overmix the dough, as this can result in tough biscuits. The dough should be firm yet sticky. If it feels too dry, a small amount of additional milk can be added gradually until the desired consistency is reached.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Cut cold butter into small pieces and incorporate into the flour mixture
- Add milk and shredded cheese, mixing until just combined
Once the dough is mixed, it is ready to be dropped onto a baking sheet. Using a spoon or scoop, dollops of the dough are placed onto a greased or lined baking sheet. The biscuits should be spaced evenly, allowing room for them to spread as they bake. To ensure even browning, the tops of the biscuits can be brushed with melted butter before baking.
|1||Mix the dough|
|2||Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto a baking sheet|
|3||Brush the tops with melted butter (optional)|
Once on the baking sheet, the biscuits are baked in a preheated oven until they are golden brown and cooked through. The exact baking time may vary depending on the size of the biscuits and the specific oven used. Once they are done, the biscuits can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature as a delicious accompaniment to soups, stews, or as a snack on their own.