If you’re looking for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner, this One Pan Chicken Thigh Marsala recipe is a must-try. With just a few simple ingredients and a quick cooking time, you’ll have a flavorful and satisfying meal on the table in no time.
First, gather your ingredients: boneless, skinless chicken thighs, mushrooms, garlic, shallots, Marsala wine, chicken broth, and fresh thyme. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a bit of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken thighs and season them with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken until it is golden brown on both sides, then remove it from the skillet and set it aside.
In the same skillet, add the mushrooms, garlic, and shallots. Cook them until they are tender and fragrant, then deglaze the pan with Marsala wine. Let the wine simmer for a few minutes to cook off the alcohol. Add the chicken broth and fresh thyme to the skillet, then return the chicken thighs to the pan. Cover the skillet and let the chicken simmer in the flavorful sauce for about 10 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
Once the chicken is cooked, serve it with the Marsala sauce spooned over the top. This One Pan Chicken Thigh Marsala recipe pairs well with rice, pasta, or crusty bread. It’s a simple yet elegant dish that is sure to impress your family and friends. Give it a try tonight and enjoy a restaurant-quality meal in the comfort of your own home!
Ingredients for One Pan Chicken Thigh Marsala
- Chicken Thighs: Use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs for the best flavor and juiciness.
- Olive Oil: This is used for cooking the chicken and will help to brown the skin.
- Butter: A small amount of butter adds richness to the dish.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic adds a wonderful aroma and flavor.
- Onion: Sliced onion provides a savory base for the sauce.
- Mushrooms: Sliced mushrooms pair perfectly with the Marsala wine.
- Marsala Wine: This sweet Italian wine is crucial for the dish and gives it its signature flavor.
- Chicken Broth: Chicken broth adds depth of flavor to the sauce.
- Heavy Cream: A splash of cream makes the sauce silky and creamy.
- Fresh Thyme: Sprigs of fresh thyme bring a fragrant herbaceous note to the dish.
- Salt and Pepper: Season the chicken and sauce to taste.
With these ingredients on hand, you’ll be ready to create a delicious one pan chicken thigh Marsala that is sure to impress!
Instructions to Make One Pan Chicken Thigh Marsala
To make this delicious one pan chicken thigh Marsala recipe, follow these simple instructions:
In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
Dredge the chicken thighs in the flour mixture, making sure to coat both sides evenly.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs to the skillet and cook until browned on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
In the same skillet, add the sliced mushrooms and cook until they start to brown and release their juices, about 3-4 minutes.
Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Pour in the Marsala wine and chicken broth, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
Return the chicken thighs to the skillet, nestling them into the mushroom and sauce mixture.
Cover the skillet and simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
Remove from heat and garnish with fresh parsley.
Serve the chicken thigh Marsala hot with a side of your choice, such as mashed potatoes or pasta.
Enjoy this flavorful and easy one pan chicken thigh Marsala dish!
Tips and Variations for One Pan Chicken Thigh Marsala
Vary the Vegetables
To add more depth and variety to your dish, consider using different vegetables. While mushrooms are a classic choice in chicken Marsala, you can also experiment with other vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, or zucchini. Sauté them along with the chicken thighs to create a flavorful medley of flavors.
- Broccoli: Add some steamed broccoli florets to the dish for added greens and crunch.
- Carrots: Slice some carrots into thin strips and cook them with the chicken for a sweet and savory twist.
- Asparagus: Roast some asparagus separately and serve it alongside the chicken Marsala for a healthy and vibrant side dish.
Experiment with Herbs and Spices
To elevate the flavors of the dish, try incorporating different herbs and spices. This can add a unique touch to your chicken Marsala recipe. Here are a few options to consider:
- Thyme: Sprinkle some fresh or dried thyme over the chicken thighs to infuse them with a earthy, aromatic flavor.
- Rosemary: For a more robust taste, add some rosemary to the dish. It pairs well with the Marsala wine and complements the chicken perfectly.
- Red pepper flakes: If you like some heat, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to give your dish a spicy kick.
Substitute the Protein
If you’re not a fan of chicken thighs, you can easily substitute them with other proteins to create a different variation of the dish:
|Beef Sirloin||3-4 minutes per side|
|Pork Tenderloin||5-6 minutes per side|
|Salmon Fillets||3-4 minutes per side|
Just make sure to adjust the cooking time according to the type of protein you choose to ensure it is cooked through.
By exploring these tips and variations, you can personalize your one pan chicken thigh Marsala recipe to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs. Enjoy the process of experimenting and discovering new flavors!