If you are looking for a simple yet delicious way to prepare salmon, then look no further than this brown sugar baked salmon recipe. It combines the savory flavors of salmon with the sweetness of brown sugar, creating a mouthwatering dish that is sure to impress.
To make this recipe, you will need a few basic ingredients. Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, gather the following items:
- Salmon fillets
- Brown sugar
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
Next, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the salmon fillets on top. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the salmon fillets, making sure to coat them completely.
|Salmon fillets||1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.|
|Brown sugar||2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.|
|Garlic powder||3. Place the salmon fillets on the baking sheet.|
|Paprika||4. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.|
|Salt and pepper||5. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the salmon fillets.|
Once the salmon is coated, place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. The brown sugar will caramelize and form a delicious glaze on top of the salmon, adding a touch of sweetness to every bite. Serve your brown sugar baked salmon with a side of steamed vegetables or a fresh salad for a complete and healthy meal.
In order to make the delicious and flavorful Brown Sugar Baked Salmon, you will need to gather a few key ingredients. These ingredients will not only add a burst of flavor to the salmon but also help to create a beautiful caramelized glaze on the outside.
To make Brown Sugar Baked Salmon, you will need the following ingredients:
- Salmon fillets – You can use fresh or frozen salmon fillets depending on your preference. Make sure to choose high-quality fillets for the best results.
- Brown sugar – This is the star ingredient that gives the salmon its rich sweetness and caramelized glaze. Make sure to use dark brown sugar for a deeper flavor.
- Garlic powder – Adds a subtle savory flavor to complement the sweetness of the brown sugar.
- Paprika – Gives the salmon a beautiful color and adds a hint of smokiness to the dish.
- Black pepper – Adds a touch of heat and enhances the overall flavor of the salmon.
- Salt – Balances out the flavors and enhances the natural taste of the salmon.
- Vegetable oil – Used to coat the baking dish and prevent the salmon from sticking.
- Fresh parsley – Optional, but adds a fresh and vibrant touch to the finished dish.
With these simple ingredients, you can easily create a mouthwatering Brown Sugar Baked Salmon that will impress your family and friends. Don’t forget to adjust the quantities of the ingredients based on the number of salmon fillets you are cooking.
Follow these easy steps to make delicious Brown Sugar Baked Salmon:
- Prep the salmon: Start by preparing the salmon filets. Pat them dry with a paper towel and season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the brown sugar glaze: In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and olive oil. Stir until well combined.
- Coat the salmon: Pour the brown sugar glaze over the salmon, making sure to coat each piece evenly. You can use a brush or simply spoon it over the salmon.
- Marinate the salmon: Let the salmon marinate in the brown sugar glaze for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the flavors to penetrate the fish and make it more flavorful.
- Preheat the oven: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake the salmon: Place the marinated salmon filets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Broil for a caramelized crust: If desired, you can broil the salmon for a couple of minutes at the end to achieve a caramelized crust on top. Keep a close eye on it to prevent burning.
- Serve and enjoy: Once the salmon is cooked to your liking, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes. Serve the Brown Sugar Baked Salmon with your choice of sides, such as steamed vegetables or roasted potatoes.
These instructions will guide you through the process of making Brown Sugar Baked Salmon, resulting in a flavorful and tender dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
Serving and Storage
To serve the salmon, it can be placed on a platter or individual plates and garnished with fresh herbs or lemon slices for added flavor and presentation. The salmon can also be topped with a drizzle of olive oil or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to enhance the flavors.
When it comes to storing the leftover brown sugar baked salmon, proper storage is essential to maintain its freshness and flavor. The cooked salmon should be cooled to room temperature before being refrigerated. It can be stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap to prevent air from reaching the fish.
The leftover salmon can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days. To reheat the salmon, it is best to do so gently and avoid overcooking, as this can result in dry and less flavorful fish. The salmon can be reheated in a preheated oven at a low temperature or gently warmed in a skillet on the stovetop.
- Main dish with steamed vegetables or salad
- Flaked and used as a topping for mixed greens
- Added to pasta dishes
- Cool the cooked salmon to room temperature before refrigerating
- Store in an airtight container or wrap tightly in plastic wrap
- Refrigerate for up to 3-4 days