If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal, this 30-minute Rosemary White Bean Soup recipe is the perfect choice. Packed with flavor and nutrients, this soup is both satisfying and healthy. With simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a warm and comforting bowl of soup on the table in no time.
The star ingredient of this recipe is white beans, which are a good source of protein and fiber. They add a creamy texture to the soup and make it more filling. The soup also features fresh rosemary, which adds a fragrant and earthy flavor to the dish. Combined with garlic, onion, and vegetable broth, the flavors come together to create a delicious and hearty soup.
To make this 30-minute Rosemary White Bean Soup, start by sautéing garlic and onion in a pot until they are fragrant and translucent. Then, add in the white beans, vegetable broth, and rosemary. Bring the soup to a boil and let it simmer for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Finally, use an immersion blender or a regular blender to blend the soup until smooth. Serve hot and garnish with fresh rosemary and a drizzle of olive oil. This soup pairs well with a crusty bread or a side salad for a complete meal.
Ingredients for Rosemary White Bean Soup
1. White Beans:
- 1 pound (450 grams) of dried white beans
2. Olive Oil:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
7. Vegetable Broth:
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
8. Fresh Rosemary:
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
9. Salt and Pepper:
- Salt and pepper to taste
10. Optional Additions:
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
These ingredients combine to create a hearty and flavorful soup that is perfect for a quick and easy meal. The white beans provide a creamy texture, while the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery add depth and flavor. The fresh rosemary adds a fragrant and earthy note to the soup, and the vegetable broth provides a savory base. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired. With just a handful of simple ingredients, this rosemary white bean soup is sure to become a favorite in your home!
Instructions for Making Rosemary White Bean Soup
To make a delicious and hearty rosemary white bean soup, follow these simple instructions:
- Start by gathering all the necessary ingredients. You will need:
- – 1 tablespoon olive oil
- – 1 medium onion, diced
- – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- – 2 stalks celery, diced
- – 2 carrots, diced
- – 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- – 4 cups vegetable broth
- – 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- – Salt and pepper to taste
- – Optional toppings: grated Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley
Enjoy your homemade rosemary white bean soup!
Tips and Variations for Rosemary White Bean Soup
- Use dried white beans for the best results. Soak them overnight to soften and reduce the cooking time in the soup.
- For a richer flavor, use homemade vegetable or chicken broth instead of store-bought.
- Don’t skip the step of sautéing the rosemary, garlic, and onion. This will release their flavors and enhance the taste of the soup.
- If you like a creamier texture, blend a portion of the soup using an immersion blender or a regular blender. Be careful when blending hot liquids.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste, and adjust the seasoning as needed before serving. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley or grated Parmesan cheese for added flavor.
- Add diced carrots and celery to the soup for extra vegetables and a pop of color.
- For a heartier meal, add cooked and shredded chicken or turkey towards the end of cooking.
- For a vegan version, omit the chicken broth and use vegetable broth instead. You can also substitute butter with olive oil or a plant-based alternative.
- For a Mediterranean twist, add a can of diced tomatoes and a handful of chopped fresh basil. Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
These tips and variations will help you personalize and elevate your Rosemary White Bean Soup. Feel free to experiment and adjust the ingredients to suit your taste preferences. Whether you stick to the classic recipe or try a variation, this soup is sure to warm you up and satisfy your hunger.