If you’re a fan of Nutella and croissants, then this Nutella Croissant Bread Pudding recipe is a must-try! This delicious dessert combines the buttery and flaky goodness of croissants with the rich and creamy flavor of Nutella, resulting in a decadent and indulgent treat. Whether you’re making it for a special occasion or just to satisfy your sweet tooth, this recipe is sure to impress.
To make this Nutella Croissant Bread Pudding, you’ll need a few simple ingredients including croissants, Nutella, eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Start by cutting the croissants into small cubes and spreading Nutella on each piece. Then, arrange the Nutella-covered croissant cubes in a baking dish.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined. Pour this mixture over the croissant cubes, making sure to evenly coat them. Allow the croissants to soak in the liquid for about 15-20 minutes, or until they have absorbed the mixture.
Once the croissant cubes have soaked, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the baking dish with the soaked croissants in the oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the pudding is set. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
This Nutella Croissant Bread Pudding is best enjoyed warm, straight from the oven. Serve it as is or top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent treat. Whether you’re serving it for dessert or as a special brunch dish, this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
In order to make Nutella Croissant Bread Pudding, you will need the following ingredients:
- 6 croissants: These buttery, flaky pastries will form the base of the bread pudding.
- 1 cup of Nutella: This delicious chocolate-hazelnut spread will provide a rich and creamy flavor.
- 2 cups of milk: Milk is essential for creating a moist and custard-like texture.
- 4 large eggs: Eggs help bind the ingredients together and add structure to the bread pudding.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract: Vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor of the dish.
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar: Sugar adds sweetness to the dessert.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt: Salt balances out the sweetness and enhances the other flavors.
Additionally, you may want to consider adding some optional ingredients such as:
- Whipped cream: For a creamy and luscious topping.
- Crushed hazelnuts: To add some crunch and complement the Nutella flavor.
- Fresh berries: For a burst of fruity freshness.
This recipe requires minimal ingredients, but the combination of croissants, Nutella, and the custard-like texture makes it a decadent and indulgent dessert.
Follow these simple steps to make a delicious Nutella croissant bread pudding:
- Preheat the oven: Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C). This will ensure that the bread pudding bakes evenly and cooks through.
- Prepare the croissants: Cut the croissants into small, bite-sized pieces. You can use regular-sized croissants or mini croissants depending on your preference.
- Make the custard: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. This will create a rich and creamy custard mixture.
- Soak the croissants: Place the croissant pieces into the custard mixture and gently press them down to ensure they are fully soaked. Allow the croissants to soak for about 10 minutes, allowing them to absorb the custard.
- Add Nutella: Spoon dollops of Nutella throughout the croissant mixture. You can swirl it into the custard to create a marbled effect.
- Transfer to baking dish: Lightly grease a baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Pour the croissant mixture into the dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the custard is set.
- Let it cool: Remove the bread pudding from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the custard to set and make it easier to cut into servings.
- Serve: Serve the Nutella croissant bread pudding warm on its own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a decadent dessert.
Follow these steps and you’ll have a delicious Nutella croissant bread pudding ready to enjoy!
1. Ice Cream Topping:
Add a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top of the warm bread pudding. The combination of the creamy ice cream and the rich Nutella flavors will be a heavenly treat. Vanilla, chocolate, or hazelnut ice cream would all be excellent choices!
2. Fresh Berries:
Sprinkle a handful of fresh berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries, on top of the bread pudding. The tartness of the berries will balance out the sweetness of the Nutella and add a burst of freshness to each bite.
3. Whipped Cream:
Add a dollop of freshly whipped cream on top of the bread pudding for an extra creamy and indulgent touch. You can use regular whipped cream or get creative and flavor it with a hint of vanilla or a dash of cocoa powder.
4. Chocolate Ganache Drizzle:
If you’re a chocolate lover, consider drizzling a velvety chocolate ganache over the bread pudding. The ganache will add an extra layer of decadence and intensify the chocolate flavor. You can make a simple ganache by melting chocolate with heavy cream.
5. Nutella Glaze:
For the ultimate Nutella experience, why not make a Nutella glaze to drizzle over the bread pudding? Mix some Nutella with a bit of milk or cream until smooth and pour it over the pudding. It will enhance the Nutella flavor and create a beautiful presentation.
With these serving suggestions, your Nutella Croissant Bread Pudding will become an unforgettable dessert that will impress your guests and leave everyone wanting more.