If you’re in need of a quick and delicious meal, look no further than this 15 minute shrimp pasta recipe with tomato and basil. This recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, but still want a satisfying and flavorful meal.
The star of this dish is the shrimp, which adds a rich and savory flavor to the pasta. Combined with the fresh and tangy taste of the tomatoes and the aromatic basil, this dish is a burst of flavor in every bite. The best part is that it can be whipped up in just 15 minutes, making it a great option for a quick and easy dinner.
To make this recipe, start by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, heat some olive oil in a pan and add the shrimp. Cook them for a few minutes on each side until they are pink and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
In the same pan, add some diced tomatoes and garlic. Saute them for a few minutes until the tomatoes start to soften. Then, add the cooked pasta and the shrimp back to the pan. Toss everything together and cook for a couple more minutes until heated through. Finally, stir in some fresh basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shrimp: The star of the dish, shrimp adds a delicious seafood flavor to the pasta. Fresh or frozen shrimp can be used.
- Pasta: Choose your favorite type of pasta, such as linguine or spaghetti, to serve as the base for the dish.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is used to sauté the shrimp and create a light and flavorful sauce.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic adds a fragrant and savory element to the dish.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: For a hint of heat, crushed red pepper flakes can be added to the dish.
- Diced Tomatoes: Use canned diced tomatoes for a quick and convenient option.
- Fresh Basil: Fresh basil leaves add a vibrant and herbaceous flavor to the pasta.
- Salt and Pepper: Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste.
These simple ingredients come together in just 15 minutes to create a delicious and satisfying shrimp pasta dish. The combination of flavors from the shrimp, tomatoes, and basil, along with the aromatic garlic, creates a memorable and enjoyable meal for any occasion.
To make this 15 Minute Shrimp Pasta with Tomato and Basil, follow these easy steps:
1. Cook the pasta:
In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add salt. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Prepare the shrimp:
- Peel and devein the shrimp, if necessary. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and are cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
3. Make the sauce:
- In the same skillet, add the diced tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to combine. Cook for another minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
4. Combine the pasta, shrimp, and sauce:
- Add the cooked pasta and cooked shrimp to the skillet with the sauce. Toss everything together until well coated.
- Stir in the fresh basil and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Transfer the shrimp pasta to serving plates or bowls. Garnish with additional basil leaves if desired. Enjoy while still warm!
- Garnish: Sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of the pasta to add a touch of salty and nutty flavor. You can also top it with some chopped fresh basil leaves for an extra pop of color and freshness.
- Side Salad: Serve the shrimp pasta with a simple green salad on the side. Mix together some fresh leafy greens like arugula or baby spinach with cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, and a light vinaigrette dressing. This will provide a refreshing contrast to the warm and savory pasta dish.
- Crusty Bread: Accompany the shrimp pasta with a slice of crusty bread or garlic bread. This will not only add some extra carbs to the meal but also give your guests the opportunity to soak up any leftover sauce on their plates.
- Wine Pairing: To complement the flavors of the pasta, consider serving it with a glass of white wine. A crisp and refreshing Sauvignon Blanc or a light and fruity Pinot Grigio would be excellent choices. The wine will help enhance the overall dining experience and bring out the flavors of the dish.
By considering these serving suggestions, you can elevate your 15-minute shrimp pasta with tomato and basil into a complete and satisfying meal that will impress your guests.