If you’re looking for a delicious and flavorful dish to serve as a main course or a side, this Baked Tomato Basil Stuffed Peppers recipe is a perfect choice. These stuffed peppers are packed with a tasty mixture of tomatoes, basil, and other savory ingredients, and then baked to perfection. They make for a satisfying and visually appealing addition to any meal.
To make this recipe, start by preparing the filling. In a bowl, combine diced tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, minced garlic, cooked quinoa, and grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix thoroughly to ensure all the flavors meld together.
Next, slice the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Spoon the tomato basil mixture into each pepper, distributing it evenly. Top each pepper with a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese and a few torn basil leaves for added flavor and presentation. Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
The Baked Tomato Basil Stuffed Peppers recipe requires the following ingredients:
- Large bell peppers: These will serve as the outer shell for the dish and provide a vibrant and crunchy texture.
- Roma tomatoes: The use of Roma tomatoes will contribute to the rich and tangy flavor of the stuffing.
- Olive oil: This ingredient will be used to sauté the vegetables and add a hint of Mediterranean taste.
- Onion: Finely diced onion will add a savory and aromatic element to the stuffing mixture.
- Garlic: Minced garlic will provide a subtle yet distinctive flavor that complements the other ingredients.
- Fresh basil: Chopped basil leaves will elevate the overall taste of the dish, adding a bright and herbaceous note.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: The cheese will bring a creamy and melty texture, creating a delightful contrast with the peppers and other ingredients.
- Breadcrumbs: These will act as a binding agent in the stuffing mixture and contribute to a satisfying crunch on the top layer.
- Salt and pepper: These classic seasonings will enhance the flavors and ensure a well-balanced taste.
With these ingredients, you will be ready to prepare a delicious and comforting dish of Baked Tomato Basil Stuffed Peppers that will impress your family and friends.
- Preheat the oven: Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the peppers: Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Rinse the peppers and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Prepare the stuffing: In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked rice, diced tomatoes, chopped fresh basil, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Stuff the peppers: Spoon the stuffing mixture into the prepared bell peppers, filling them to the top. Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish, cut side up.
- Bake the peppers: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the stuffing is heated through.
- Garnish and serve: Remove the baked stuffed peppers from the oven and garnish with additional fresh basil leaves if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
|Cooked rice||1 cup|
|Diced tomatoes||1 can (14.5 oz)|
|Fresh basil, chopped||1/4 cup|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup|
|Minced garlic||2 cloves|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
- Serve with a side of salad: To balance out the richness of the stuffed peppers, serve them with a fresh green salad. Consider using mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and a light vinaigrette dressing.
- Add a protein: If you’re looking to add more protein to the meal, consider serving the stuffed peppers with a side of grilled chicken, fish, or tofu. This will make the meal more filling and provide additional nutrients.
- Serve with a grain: For a heartier meal, serve the stuffed peppers with a side of cooked quinoa, brown rice, or couscous. The grain will complement the flavors of the peppers and provide extra fiber and carbohydrates.
- Add a sauce: To add more flavor and moisture to the dish, consider serving the stuffed peppers with a sauce. A simple tomato sauce or a creamy garlic sauce would work well. Drizzle the sauce over the peppers before serving, or serve it on the side for dipping.
Overall, the serving suggestions for these Baked Tomato Basil Stuffed Peppers are endless. Feel free to get creative and experiment with different combinations to find your favorite way to enjoy this delicious dish!