Peach is a juicy and tasty tropical fruit. China is considered the homeland of this delicacy. In Russia, peaches are grown mainly in southern regions. The name of the fruit comes from the Latin “peach apple”.
There are several varieties of this fruit:
- Normal peaches (pubescent, with separate bone),
- Nectarines (smooth, with a separate bone),
- Higuera peaches (flattened),
- Pavia (pubescent, without separable pepitas),
- Brunions (smooth, without pepitas).
Chemical constitution of peach
The peach pulp contains many useful substances:
- Vitamin A, Vitamins of Group B (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9), Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin PP;
- Minerals (calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium, sodium, fluorine, zinc);
- Essential oils;
- Acids (ascorbic, citric, apple, tartaric, folic).
A data. 100 g of peach pulp contain both iron and 500 g of meat.
Nutritional value and caloric content of the peaches
Peach are composed of 85% water, so nutritionists consider them not very caloric. They only contain 40-45 calories per 100 g. It is an excellent candy for people who are losing weight.
Benefits and damages of peach
Peach is one of the healthiest fruits. Due to the huge amount of nutrients, the fruit has the following properties:
- Increase appetite and improve digestion.
- Fiber normalizes the activity of the intestine.
- Indispensable in the treatment of anemia, hypovitaminosis, heart disease.
- They have diuretic and laxative effect.
- They burn fat cells.
- They accelerate the digestion of heavy foods.
- The seeds contain tonsil, which helps fight cancer cells.
- The extract of peach leaves is used in the treatment of skin diseases.
- The decoction of the leaves of the plant treats rheumatism and headaches.
For the women
Peach is very useful for the health and beauty of women:
- Thanks to its low caloric content, the fruit is a favorite delicacy of weak sex. After eating it, do not worry about the extra kilos.
- Slender figure. The peach stimulates the gastrointestinal tract, so a feeling of satiety quickly appears and the women who lose weight are full with a small amount of food.
- Pretty skin. The fruit saturates the body with a lot of liquid and prevents it from leaving the cells, which is the key to young, soft and beautiful skin.
- A great mood. Peach contain magnesium, vitamins and sugar. They increase the vitality of the organism, so that humor and sel f-esteem improve.
Sweet peaches contain zinc. This tracement is crucial for the male and essential vigor to normalize male hormones.
Huge benefits of peaches and for younger generations. After all, the fruit contains many vitamins and trace elements necessary for normal development and the growth of the childhood organism.
Including a peach in the children’s diet should not be prior to 7-8 months. It is best to start with peach puree. At the age of age, small pieces can be given. Children really like this sweet and juicy fruit. The fruit pulp can be added to baked products and porridge, and to desserts and salads. The juice or the peach compote will also be tasty for little sweets.
Important! The daily peach quota for a one-year-old should not exceed 60-70 g.
Possible damages and contraindications
Despite its low caloric content, the peach contains a lot of sugar. Therefore, diabetes patients should consume it with caution. Individual intolerance to this fruit is also possible.
People with thyroid diseases should not eat peaches, because they inhibit the production of hormones.
For gastritis and ulcers.
Peach should not be eaten in case of gastritis and peptic ulcer due to their fruit acid content and high sugar content. Acid will irritate the inflamed gastric mucosa.
Doctors distingu several variants of pancreatitis: acute, in remission and chronicle. In acute pancreatitis, peaches should be excluded from the patient’s diet. This is because the fiber contained in the fruit increases intestinal peristalsism and acid stimulates gastric secretion, which exacerbates the inflammatory process.
During remission, peaches can be consumed in the form of compotes, besamel and purees. In the chronic course of the disease it is allowed to eat no more than a peach per day.
Diabetics are worried about the entire glycemic index of the food they consume. It is a measure of the increase in blood sugar levels. A safe index is 50. The average index of a peach is 30-35 units. Therefore, it is allowed to eat fresh fruit, but no more than 1 unit per day.
Specific peach uses
In addition to their wonderful flavor, peaches have useful properties that make them widely used in cosmetology, popular medicine and perfumery.
In popular medicine
Since ancient times, healers have used for treatment not only the fruit of the peach, but also its flowers, leaves and bone. The infusion of leaves and outbreaks is diuretic and antihelmíntic.
For the treatment of dermatitis and ulcers, the leaves of the tree are crushed and grated potatoes are added. The resulting pasture mass is applied in the affected areas of the body. Peach oil is used to prepare columas against conjunctivitis.
Machacated peach seeds are used for diasis. They are tied, crushed, a little water is added and applied to the eruption.
Peach is widely used in cosmetology to create creams, lotions, masks and shampoos. Peach is a hypoallergenic fruit. Therefore, peac h-based products are suitable for people prone to allergies.
Peach juice can be used to make an excellent cleaning lotion, mixing it equally with any mineral water without gas. The resulting solution to clean the skin in the morning and at night.
Peach oil is also used in cosmetology. It is obtained from the seeds of the fruit by cold and subsequent filtration pressure. The oil was first used in ancient China for medicinal purposes and for relaxing massages.
Thanks to its rich complex of vitamins, minerals and fatty acids, the oil has a very soft and delicate texture. That is why it is rapidly absorbed into the skin, contributing flexibility and youth. Due to its moisturizing, ant i-inflammatory and soothing properties, oil is often included in children’s and cosmetics creams for babies.
- Nourishes and rejuvenates the skin,
- It has a beneficial effect on hair growth,
- prevents the fall in eyelashes, improves their growth,
- Strengthens the nail plate.
The oil can be used alone or adding other vegetable oils.
Homemade masks, which include peach, help in a short time improve skin status and maintain their beauty for years. Here are some recipes for different skin types.
mask to clarify freckles
Crush the peach pulp until you get a puree, add a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply on clean face and neck for 20 minutes. Clarify the mask with warm water. The treatment can be repeated on alternate days for a few months.
Fat and normal skin mask
- 250g. Crush the peach pulp, strain it with a cloth, add half a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate, a few drops of alcohol and 50 ml of milk. Apply on the face daily for 10 minutes. It can be kept for a long time.
- Pelar fresh peaches, chop them finely and mix them equally with sour milk. Apply on the previously clean face for 15-20 minutes. Then clarify with warm water. This mask can be applied 2-3 times a week.
Mask for sensitive skin
Mix 2 tablespoons of peach juice with 1 tablespoon of flour or starch and 1 tablespoon of sour or double cream. Apply on the face for 15 minutes. Remove the rest of the mask with a cotton moistened in warm water. Then apply a nutritious cream. The procedure can be repeated 1-2 times per week.
The peach is one of the most revered fruits in the East. It is associated with immortality, beauty, purity and longevity. In the Chinese New Year, peach branches are used to decorate buildings.