Breakfast is an important part of a healthy diet because it provides energy for the work of the day. Choosing adequate foods in the morning will ensure that all organs and systems work properly.
Often, an alternative to oatmeal, Sarracene wheat and eggs are corn flakes, whose benefits and damages are evaluated according to chemical composition and its impact on the body.
Chemical composition and calories of corn flakes
The benefits of corn flakes depend not only on their basic chemical composition, but also on the presence of other additives that the manufacturer can provide (for example, synthetic vitamins). The product in its pure state is rich in vitamins A, B, pp, h, e, fiber, amino acids, starch, micro and macro nutrients:
Nutritional value per 100 g of cereal:
|Characteristics||Quantity per 100 gr||Content (%)|
|Caloric value||260 – 360 kcal||19. 3|
|Carbohydrates||75 г||35. 5|
|Proteins||8, 3 г||10. 9|
|Fats||1. 2 г||2|
|Dietary fiber||0. 8 г||4|
|Ash||0. 7 г|
The addition of synthetic ingredients and sugar to enhance the taste and extend the useful life makes the product more nutritious.
Faces for a healthy person
A cereal ready for breakfast with a natural raw material and a pleasant taste, which likes adults and children. In addition, it is rich in fiber, a component that largely determines the benefits of breakfast cereals as a natural exfoliant for the body, without excluding the damages of the instant product for human health.
Modern researchers have shown that the ideal composition of breakfast cereals should be the following: cornmeal, oil and salt. The enriching elements of vitamins of synthetic origin provide a minimum benefit, and the dyatizers and flavor enhancers can have a negative impact on human health (especially in children’s).
A popular food, given its chemical composition, has beneficial effects for the body. Especially if it contains a minimum of additives and does not contain sugar.
The useful properties of the flakes depend on their ingredients:
|N/A||Substance||Effect on the organism|
|1||The tryptophan amino acid||Once in the organism, the amino acid becomes serotonin, which improves the emotional state of the person|
|2||The starch||Strengthens nerve cells, participating in the formation of muscle fibers|
|3||Glutamic acid||Improves brain activity by accelerating metabolic processes|
|4||Fiber||It helps eliminate harmful substances from the organism and stimulates hunger, thus remembering the person (especially to which it has a weight lower than normal) that must take a snack. Normalize the stomach function.|
|5||Vitamin A||It favors the nervous system, the vision and health of the skin.|
|6||Vitamin B1||It improves the functioning of the nervous system, enhances muscle growth and improves metabolism.|
|7||Vitamin B2||It helps neutralize the effects of toxins in the respiratory system, normalizes the nervous system, thyroid, visual acuity|
|8||Vitamin h||Sulfur source in the body, helps activate and transport carbon dioxide|
|9||Vitamin RR||Regulates the production of bad cholesterol, reinforces the cardiovascular system, improves skin and nails, and accelerates metabolic processes, thus helping to produce energy|
|10||Pectinas||They contribute to the suppression of tumors, have an ant i-inflammatory effect|
Children can take corn flakes from 3 years (according to research from the World Health Organization). At this age, all organs and systems are fully developed and can react properly to a dry fast meal. To prepare the product, babies must exclude flavor enhancers, flavors and dyes: only natural flakes, whose grain is processed with special technology.
Damage and contraindications
Despite all the advantages of cornflakes, there is also a sufficient number of disadvantages:
- Frequent product consumption can lead to obesity and cause the development of diabetes;
- During the roasted process, corn flakes emit harmful substances that can cause cancer;
- We must not forget the high caloric value of the product, which increases with the addition of sugar, chocolate, confident fruits and other food additives;
- The use of flakes is contraindicated in people with diabetes;
- The product can aggravate peptic ulcer or gastritis;
- Do not use the product in its dry form: it must be mixed with yogurt, juice or milk. Otherwise, it can cause excessive accumulation of gases and discomfort in the stomach.
What can be done with corn flakes
Once the natural corn flakes with a minimum of additives are bought, you can get down to work to use them. Crispy slices can not only be watering with milk or steamed, but they can also be used more creatively to prepare a tasty dish. Dessert and pastry recipes, such as cakes, biscuits, fried ice cream, muffins and parfaits abound.
A child needs breakfast in the morning something healthy and does not cause gastrointestinal problems (since poor quality and poorly prepared foods can alter the digestive system). The best option for babies would be the porridge made with corn flakes.
For your preparation you need
- Corn flakes – 1 cup ..;
- milk – 1 cup;
- Water – 1. 5 cups
- Honey – 1 teaspoon;
- Pour the water on the flakes. The product has to swell.
- Cook. After boiling, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Go through a strainer and incorporate potato puree with milk and salt.
- When the porridge have cooled (the temperature should not exceed 40 0 c), add the honey.
Prepare a dish of porridge for your child no more than 2 times in 7 days.
A tasty dessert “fried ice cream” made with the favorite ingredients of childhood: corn and ice cream flakes, is a fast and easy sweet that will make any sweetness happy. The main thing is to have a fast reaction time.
- Ice Cream – 200 gr;
- Egg – 3 units;
- coconut chips;
- Refined vegetable oil.
- Chop the cornflakes with the blender and put them in a bowl.
- Place the coconut chips in a bowl.
- In a bowl, beat the egg until it is foamy.
- In a small but deep saucepan, pour enough oil so that the ice cream floats freely in it. Bring to a boil.
- Just before cooking, cut the ice cream into pieces of 50 g.
- Pass the ice cream through the chips and then through the egg.
- Repeat the process: go through the chips, go through the egg and, finally, for the chips.
- Immerse ice cream in boiling oil for 30-40 seconds. Let cool slightly.
- Put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Decorate with seasonal fruit or jam. The dish has a delicious appearance and will be a good dessert for any festive occasion.
Selection and conservation
Cornflakes should be chosen without sugar, since their benefits are evident and minimum damages. In addition, you have to give preference to a proven manufacturer that you have not tarnished your reputation. When buying
- The container: It must be transparent so that the buyer can visually evaluate the content or cardboard;
- Capos: Dry, crumbleble – Ideal;
- Color: uniform, natural (without dyes);
- The product does not contain glaze or sugar.
Product conservation conditions:
- After opening the bag, pouring the content into a glass container with lid;
- If the bag has a closing system, it can be left in this container;
- Store corn flakes at room temperature for no more than 1 year from the production date.
Following the rules of choice and conservation of corn flakes is a guarantee of a healthy snack.
The best cornflake manufacturers
Customers are distrustful and felling people, especially when it comes to eating healthy. According to surveys conducted to customers, a classification of the highest quality and tasty flakes has been developed:
- Matti Sun Flakes. A product without flavor enhancers, dyes or aromatizing. Only natural products with minerals and important elements for human health.
- Health. Capos for all tastes: without sugar, with sugar or with natural honey. The flakes are cooked only from selected cereals that retain all nutrients.
- Healthy sugar style. The product is natural and does not contain dyes or aromas. Well, as a snack and as an ingredient for desserts and baked products, suitable for emphasizing.
- Nestlé Crouton. This cereal contains sugar, but its sugar content is not high, so it combines well with sugar or kefir yogurt.
- Kozub. In the product container only comprehensive corn flakes are indicated. Therefore, the product is suitable for the snack, an adequate breakfast such as fish garnish, meat, combined with vegetables or consumed traditionally: with juice, yogurt or milk.
That the corn flakes are healthy or does not depend on the quality of the product itself, on the accompanying ingredients added by the manufacturer and the number of portions consumed. If the standards are respected and the dose is not exceeded, the maximum beneficial effect can be obtained. Moderation in food is the key to good health.