If you’re looking for a delicious and satisfying breakfast or brunch idea, look no further than this cheesy potato frittata recipe with chipotle. This flavorful dish combines the creaminess of cheese, the heartiness of potatoes, and the smoky heat of chipotle peppers. It’s the perfect combination of flavors to start your day off right.
This savory frittata is incredibly easy to make, requiring just a few simple ingredients and minimal preparation time. You’ll need eggs, potatoes, cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack work well), chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and some basic seasonings. Simply dice the potatoes and sauté them until golden brown, then mix in the chipotle peppers and seasonings. Beat the eggs and pour them over the potato mixture, and top with grated cheese.
Place the frittata in the oven and bake until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted and bubbly. The result is a beautiful golden-brown frittata with a crispy potato crust and a gooey, cheesy interior. The smoky heat from the chipotle peppers adds a delicious kick, while the cheese adds a creamy richness. Serve this frittata with a side of fresh salsa or avocado slices for a complete and satisfying meal.
The cheesy potato frittata recipe with chipotle requires a variety of ingredients that come together to create a flavorful and satisfying dish.
Here is a list of the main ingredients:
- Potatoes: 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes. They provide a hearty and starchy base for the frittata.
- Eggs: 6 large eggs, beaten. They serve as the binder and protein source for the frittata.
- Cheddar cheese: 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. It adds a rich and creamy flavor to the frittata.
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce: 2 tablespoons of finely chopped chipotle peppers. They add a smoky and spicy kick to the dish.
- Milk: 1/4 cup of milk. It helps to create a fluffy texture in the frittata.
- Garlic powder: 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. It adds a savory and aromatic taste.
- Onion: 1 small onion, diced. It provides a hint of sweetness and depth of flavor.
- Black pepper: 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. It adds a subtle heat and enhances the overall taste.
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon of salt, or to taste. It helps to bring out the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoons of olive oil. It is used for sautéing the potatoes and onions.
These ingredients combine to create a cheesy and flavorful potato frittata with a hint of smoky spiciness from the chipotle peppers. The potatoes provide a comforting and hearty texture, while the cheddar cheese adds richness. The eggs and milk create a light and fluffy consistency, and the garlic powder, onion, black pepper, and salt add depth of flavor. The olive oil is used to sauté the potatoes and onions for a delicious caramelized taste.
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Step 2: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3: In a separate bowl, mix together the diced potatoes, shredded cheese, and chipotle peppers. Add this mixture to the egg mixture and stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Step 4: Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Step 5: Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the center is set.
- Step 6: Once cooked, remove the frittata from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
This cheesy potato frittata with chipotle can be served as a main dish for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. It pairs well with a fresh salad or some crusty bread. Enjoy!
- Serve with a side salad: Pair your frittata with a fresh and vibrant side salad to balance out the flavors. A simple green salad with tangy vinaigrette or a tomato and cucumber salad would be great options.
- Add toppings: Sprinkle some chopped fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro over the top of your frittata to add a burst of freshness. You can also garnish with some thinly sliced green onions or a dollop of sour cream for added creaminess.
- Pair with bread or tortillas: Serve your frittata alongside some crusty bread or warm tortillas for a complete meal. The bread can be used to soak up any leftover egg mixture, while the tortillas can be used to make delicious frittata wraps.
- Make it a brunch spread: If you’re hosting a brunch gathering, include the frittata as part of a larger spread. Offer a variety of accompaniments like roasted vegetables, bacon or sausage, assorted cheeses, and a selection of breads and spreads. This way, your guests can build their own frittata sandwiches or enjoy it on its own.
Remember, these serving suggestions are just a starting point. Feel free to get creative and experiment with different combinations to find your favorite way to enjoy this cheesy potato frittata with chipotle!