If you’re looking for a delicious and easy appetizer to serve at your next gathering, look no further than these cheese stuffed mushrooms. Filled with a creamy cheese mixture and baked to golden perfection, these mushrooms are a crowd-pleaser that will impress your guests.
To make these easy cheese stuffed mushrooms, start by cleaning and removing the stems from the mushrooms. Next, mix together a flavorful combination of cream cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and fresh herbs. Spoon the cheese mixture into the mushroom caps, creating a delicious filling. Bake the mushrooms in the oven until they are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
These cheese stuffed mushrooms are not only delicious, but they are also a great option for those following a low-carb or keto diet. With their rich and creamy flavor, they make the perfect bite-sized appetizer or snack. Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a tasty treat, these easy cheese stuffed mushrooms are sure to be a hit!
Ingredients for Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Fresh mushrooms: Choose large, firm, and fresh white or cremini mushrooms for stuffing. They should have a smooth, unblemished surface and tightly closed caps.
- Cream cheese: This rich and creamy cheese serves as the base for the filling. Make sure it is at room temperature for easy blending.
- Shredded cheese: Use a combination of your favorite shredded cheese, such as cheddar, mozzarella, or a mix of both, to add flavor and gooeyness to the filling.
- Garlic powder: A sprinkle of garlic powder enhances the overall taste and adds a savory note to the dish.
- Onion powder: Just a touch of onion powder will contribute to the depth of flavors in the cheese filling.
- Chives: Fresh chives bring a mild onion flavor and a pop of color to the filling. Finely chop them before adding.
- Salt and pepper: Season the filling with salt and pepper to taste, ensuring it is well-balanced and delicious.
Breadcrumbs: You can add breadcrumbs to the cheese filling to give it a nice texture and help bind the ingredients together.
|Ingredients for Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms:||Quantity|
|Cream cheese||8 ounces|
|Shredded cheese||1 cup|
|Garlic powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Breadcrumbs (optional)||1/4 cup|
With these ingredients in hand, you’ll be ready to create a mouthwatering batch of cheese stuffed mushrooms that everyone will love.
Instructions for Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 large mushrooms
- 1 cup grated cheese (such as cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Clean the mushrooms thoroughly and remove the stems.
- In a bowl, mix together the grated cheese, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the cheese mixture, pressing it down lightly.
- Arrange the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
|Preparation time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking time:||15-20 minutes|
|Total time:||30-35 minutes|
These cheese stuffed mushrooms make a great appetizer for parties or special occasions. They can be served hot or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Tips for Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
1. Choose the right mushrooms: When selecting mushrooms for stuffing, it’s important to choose ones that are sturdy and have a good shape for holding the cheese filling. Cremini mushrooms or button mushrooms are great options for stuffing as they have a nice cap shape and hold up well when baked.
|Types of mushrooms:||Characteristics:|
|Cremini mushrooms||They have a firm texture and a rich, earthy flavor.|
|Button mushrooms||They are small, round mushrooms with a slightly milder taste compared to cremini mushrooms.|
2. Precook the mushrooms: To ensure that the cheese stuffed mushrooms are cooked evenly and to prevent them from becoming watery, it’s a good idea to pre-cook the mushrooms before stuffing them. You can either sauté them in butter or roast them in the oven until they release their moisture and start to shrink in size. This will help concentrate their flavors and create a firmer texture.
3. Use a flavorful cheese: The key to getting a rich and flavorful filling is to use a cheese with a strong taste. Goat cheese, feta cheese, or blue cheese are excellent choices as they have a tangy flavor that pairs well with the earthy mushrooms. You can also combine different types of cheeses to create a more complex flavor profile.
- Goat cheese: It has a creamy texture and a slightly tart flavor.
- Feta cheese: It has a salty and tangy taste.
- Blue cheese: It has a strong and pungent flavor.
4. Enhance the flavor: To take your cheese stuffed mushrooms to the next level, consider adding ingredients that will enhance the flavor. Chopped fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary can add a fragrant aroma, while minced garlic can add a savory kick. You can also include ingredients like crispy bacon or sun-dried tomatoes for added texture and taste.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create delicious and impressive cheese stuffed mushrooms that will be a hit at any gathering or party.