If you love apple pie and cupcakes, then you’re in for a treat with these delicious and easy-to-make apple pie cupcakes. They combine the flavors of a classic apple pie with the convenience of individual cupcakes, making them perfect for sharing or enjoying on your own.
To make these apple pie cupcakes, you’ll need a few simple ingredients, including flour, sugar, butter, and, of course, apples. You’ll also need some warming spices like cinnamon and nutmeg to give the cupcakes that cozy autumn flavor. The cupcakes are topped with a crumbly streusel topping that adds a delightful crunch and texture.
Making these apple pie cupcakes is a breeze. Simply mix together the dry ingredients, then add in the wet ingredients, including the diced apples. Spoon the batter into cupcake liners, sprinkle on the streusel topping, and pop them in the oven. In just a short amount of time, you’ll have freshly baked apple pie cupcakes that are sure to impress.
Easy Steps to Make Apple Pie Cupcakes at Home
To make apple pie cupcakes, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 2 cups of finely chopped apples
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, cold
Here are the steps to make apple pie cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- In a small bowl, toss the chopped apples with the cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and brown sugar.
- Gently fold the apple mixture into the cupcake batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cupcake liners, filling each about 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, crumble together the cold butter, flour, and brown sugar to make the streusel topping.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the cupcake batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the apple pie cupcakes have cooled, you can enjoy them as is, or frost them with your favorite cream cheese frosting for an extra touch of sweetness. These cupcakes are perfect for any occasion and are sure to be a hit with family and friends!
Step 1: Gather the Ingredients
To make Easy Apple Pie Cupcakes, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
This recipe calls for basic baking ingredients such as all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Additionally, you’ll need unsalted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and whole milk to form the cupcake batter. Chopped apples are the star of these cupcakes, so make sure to have some on hand. To add a flavorful touch, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves are also required.
Step 2: Prepare the Cupcake Batter
To start, preheat your oven to the specified temperature in the recipe. While the oven is heating up, gather your dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon. Combine these dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and whisk them together to ensure they are well mixed.
Next, it’s time to prepare the wet ingredients for the cupcake batter. In a separate bowl, cream together softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer for this step. Once the butter and sugar are well creamed, add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. This will help create a smooth texture for the cupcakes.
Once the wet ingredients are well combined, it’s time to incorporate the dry ingredients into the batter. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with milk. This means you will add a portion of the dry mixture, followed by a portion of milk, and repeat until everything is combined. This method helps prevent overmixing and ensures a tender texture for the cupcakes.
Finally, fold in the grated apple and chopped walnuts into the batter. This will add a delicious apple flavor and a bit of crunch to the cupcakes. Make sure the apple is well distributed throughout the batter.
|Dry Ingredients||Wet Ingredients||Additional Ingredients|
Step 3: Make the Apple Pie Filling
After preparing the cupcake batter and filling the cupcake liners, it’s time to move on to making the delicious apple pie filling. This filling will be the star of the cupcakes, adding a burst of sweet and tangy apple flavor.
To start, you will need to gather the following ingredients:
- 3 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
Begin by heating a pan over medium heat and melting the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the sliced apples and cook for about 5 minutes, until they are slightly softened. Next, add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the pan, stirring to coat the apples evenly.
Cook the apple mixture for an additional 5-7 minutes, until the sugars have dissolved and the apples are tender. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent sticking or burning. Once the filling is done, remove it from the heat and set it aside to cool slightly before using it to fill the cupcakes.