If you’re looking for a quick and delicious meal that the whole family will love, try making ham and broccoli pizza pockets. These tasty snacks are perfect for lunch or dinner and can be easily customized with your favorite toppings.
To make ham and broccoli pizza pockets, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven is heating up, roll out your pizza dough into a thin rectangle. Cut the dough into smaller squares or rectangles, depending on how big you want your pizza pockets to be.
Next, layer each piece of dough with a few slices of ham, some cooked broccoli florets, and a sprinkle of grated mozzarella cheese. Fold the dough over to create a pocket and seal the edges using a fork. Place the pizza pockets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and crispy.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out pizza dough into a thin rectangle.
- Cut dough into squares or rectangles.
- Layer each piece of dough with ham, broccoli, and mozzarella cheese.
- Fold dough over to create a pocket and seal edges with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Once the pizza pockets are cooked, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving. These ham and broccoli pizza pockets are a delicious and convenient option for a quick meal or snack. They’re also a great way to sneak some vegetables into your family’s diet without sacrificing taste.
How to Make Ham and Broccoli Pizza Pockets: A Delicious Recipe
- 1 package of refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup of diced ham
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of pizza sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into equal-sized rectangles.
- In a bowl, mix together the diced ham, chopped broccoli, shredded mozzarella cheese, and pizza sauce.
- Place a spoonful of the ham and broccoli mixture onto one half of each dough rectangle, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the filling and press the edges together to seal the pockets.
- Place the pizza pockets onto the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the pizza pockets to cool for a few minutes before serving.
These ham and broccoli pizza pockets are a delicious and convenient meal option. The combination of savory ham, nutritious broccoli, melty cheese, and flavorful pizza sauce makes for a satisfying and tasty bite. They are perfect for serving as a main dish with a side salad or as a snack when you’re on the go. Try making these pizza pockets for your next meal and enjoy the deliciousness!
When it comes to making delicious ham and broccoli pizza pockets, you’ll need a handful of key ingredients that bring the flavors together. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pizza dough: Start by getting pre-made pizza dough from the store or make your own using flour, yeast, salt, sugar, and water. The dough is the base of your pizza pockets.
- Ham: Choose your favorite style of ham, whether it’s thinly sliced deli ham, smoked ham, or even leftover baked ham. The ham adds a savory and salty flavor to the pockets.
- Broccoli florets: Fresh or frozen broccoli florets work well in this recipe. They add a touch of freshness and a pop of vibrant green color.
- Cheese: Use shredded mozzarella or any other type of cheese that melts well. The gooey cheese binds all the ingredients together and adds a creamy texture.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic or garlic powder brings an aromatic and savory element to the pockets.
- Olive oil: Drizzle some olive oil over the pizza pockets before baking to give them a nice golden crust.
- Salt and pepper: Season the pockets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinara sauce: Serve the pizza pockets with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
These ingredients are easy to find and can be personalized to suit your taste preferences. Feel free to add more toppings like sliced onions, bell peppers, or your favorite herbs and spices for an extra flavor punch.
To make the ham and broccoli pizza pockets, follow these simple steps:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chopped broccoli florets and cook until they start to become tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into equal portions, depending on the desired size of your pizza pockets.
- Place a portion of the dough on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon a tablespoon of pizza sauce onto the center of the dough and spread it out, leaving a border around the edges.
- Layer ham slices on top of the sauce, followed by the cooked broccoli and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Brush the edges of the dough with beaten egg. Fold the dough over, forming a pocket, and press the edges together to seal.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough and filling ingredients.
- Brush the tops of the pizza pockets with beaten egg and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let the pizza pockets cool for a few minutes before serving.
These ham and broccoli pizza pockets make a delicious and convenient meal or snack. They can be enjoyed hot out of the oven or packed in lunchboxes for a tasty treat on the go. Serve them with a side of marinara sauce for dipping, if desired. Enjoy!