If you’re looking for a quick and comforting dish, Easy Parmesan Buttered Noodles are the answer. This simple recipe requires only a few ingredients and takes just minutes to make. These noodles are the perfect side dish to accompany any meal or can even be enjoyed on their own as a satisfying main course.
To make these delicious Parmesan buttered noodles, you’ll need just a few basic pantry staples – noodles, butter, Parmesan cheese, and salt. You can use any type of pasta you prefer, such as spaghetti, fettuccine, or penne. The noodles are cooked until al dente, then tossed with melted butter and grated Parmesan cheese. The butter melts into the hot noodles, creating a creamy and rich sauce that coats every strand. A sprinkle of salt adds the perfect amount of seasoning.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also add some additional ingredients to customize your dish. Sautéed garlic or onions can add extra flavor, while fresh herbs like parsley or basil can brighten up the dish. You can also try adding some veggies like peas or broccoli for a more nutritious twist. Feel free to get creative and experiment with different ingredients to make this recipe your own.
The recipe for Easy Parmesan Buttered Noodles requires just a few simple ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Noodles: You will need 8 ounces of your favorite type of noodles. This can be spaghetti, fettuccine, or any other pasta shape you prefer.
- Butter: You will need 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of unsalted butter. It’s important to use unsalted butter in this recipe as the Parmesan cheese adds enough saltiness.
- Parmesan cheese: You’ll need 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese is recommended for the best flavor.
- Fresh parsley: Optional, but recommended for garnishing the dish. You’ll need a small handful of fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped.
- Salt and pepper: To taste. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to enhance the flavors of the dish.
With just these basic ingredients, you can easily prepare a delicious and satisfying plate of Parmesan buttered noodles. It’s a versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a side dish or even as a main course, and it pairs well with a variety of proteins and vegetables.
To make Easy Parmesan Buttered Noodles, follow these simple steps:
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Add salt to the boiling water, then add the noodles. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions until they are al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking, melt the butter in a separate saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the minced garlic and cook it for about 1 minute until it becomes fragrant.
- Next, reduce the heat to low and add the grated Parmesan cheese to the saucepan. Stir continuously until the cheese is melted and well combined with the butter and garlic.
- When the noodles are done cooking, drain them using a colander and return them to the pot.
- Pour the Parmesan butter sauce over the noodles and toss them gently to coat evenly.
- Season the noodles with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the Easy Parmesan Buttered Noodles hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
This recipe yields delicious, creamy noodles with a savory Parmesan flavor. It’s a quick and easy side dish that pairs well with a variety of main courses. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for some ideas on how to serve your Easy Parmesan Buttered Noodles, we have a few suggestions that will make this delicious dish even more satisfying. Whether you’re serving it as a side dish or a main course, these options will surely elevate your meal.
1. Add some protein
To make your Parmesan buttered noodles a complete meal, consider adding some protein. Grilled chicken breast, shrimp, or sliced steak are all great options that will complement the flavors of the dish. Simply cook your protein of choice separately and serve it on top of the noodles.
2. Incorporate vegetables
For a well-balanced meal, add some vegetables to your Parmesan buttered noodles. Sauteed spinach, steamed broccoli, or roasted cherry tomatoes are all excellent choices that will add freshness and color to the dish. You can either mix them into the noodles or serve them on the side.
3. Pair it with a salad
If you want to create a lighter meal, serve your Easy Parmesan Buttered Noodles alongside a crisp salad. A simple green salad with a tangy vinaigrette or a Caesar salad with crunchy croutons will provide a refreshing contrast to the rich and cheesy noodles.
4. Serve it as a side dish
If you’re planning a larger meal, your Parmesan buttered noodles can also work as a tasty side dish. It pairs well with grilled or roasted meats, such as chicken, beef, or pork. The buttery and cheesy flavors of the noodles will complement the savory flavors of the main course.
With these serving suggestions, you can create a variety of delicious and satisfying meals using your Easy Parmesan Buttered Noodles as a base. Whether you choose to add protein, vegetables, or serve it as a side dish, you’re sure to impress your family and guests with this simple yet flavorful dish.
Variations and Tips
- Add some protein: You can add some protein to your dish by tossing in cooked chicken, shrimp, or even crispy bacon.
- Vegetable options: Feel free to add some vegetables to your noodles for added flavor and nutrition. Sautéed mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, or spinach are all great options.
- Spice it up: If you like a bit of heat, you can add some red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to give your noodles a kick.
- Switch up the cheese: While Parmesan cheese is the classic choice for this recipe, you can experiment with different types of cheese, such as cheddar, mozzarella, or Gruyère, to create a different flavor profile.
- Use fresh herbs: Adding some fresh herbs, such as parsley or basil, can elevate the flavor of your dish and give it a pop of color.
Here are some additional tips to ensure your Parmesan buttered noodles turn out perfectly:
- Cook the noodles al dente: Be sure to cook the noodles until they are still slightly firm, as they will continue to cook in the sauce. This will prevent them from becoming too mushy.
- Save some pasta water: Before draining the cooked noodles, reserve a cup of the pasta water. This starchy water can be used to thin out the sauce if it becomes too thick.
- Use high-quality ingredients: Since this recipe relies on just a few key ingredients, it’s important to use the best quality pasta, butter, and Parmesan cheese you can find to obtain the best flavor.
- Don’t skimp on the butter: The butter is what gives these noodles their rich and creamy flavor, so don’t be tempted to reduce the amount. However, if you prefer a lighter version, you can use a combination of butter and olive oil.