If you are a fan of Asian cuisine and love the combination of flavors, then Mee Goreng (Seafood) is a must-try dish for you. Mee Goreng is a popular stir-fried noodle dish that originates from Indonesia and Malaysia. It is packed with savory and spicy flavors, and when combined with seafood, it creates a delicious and satisfying meal.
To cook Mee Goreng (Seafood), you will need a variety of ingredients such as fresh seafood of your choice (shrimp, squid, or mussels), noodles, vegetables (cabbage, carrots, and bean sprouts), seasoning sauces (soy sauce, oyster sauce, and chili sauce), and spices (garlic, ginger, and chili flakes). Here is a step-by-step guide to help you prepare this mouthwatering dish:
- First, prepare all the ingredients by cleaning and chopping the vegetables, and cleaning the seafood.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Heat some oil in a wok or a large frying pan and add the minced garlic, ginger, and chili flakes. Stir-fry for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the seafood to the pan and cook until they are almost cooked through.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and stir-fry for a few minutes until they are slightly softened.
- Next, add the cooked noodles to the pan and mix everything together.
- Pour in the seasoning sauces (soy sauce, oyster sauce, and chili sauce) and continue stir-frying until everything is well coated.
- Finally, taste and adjust the seasoning according to your preference, adding more sauce or spices if needed.
Once everything is well combined and cooked through, your Mee Goreng (Seafood) is ready to be served. Garnish with some chopped spring onions or cilantro for added freshness and enjoy this flavorful Asian dish!
Ingredients for Mee Goreng (Seafood)
- 250 grams of yellow noodles
- 200 grams of seafood (such as shrimp, squid, and fish cakes)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- A handful of bean sprouts
- A handful of Chinese cabbage, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
These ingredients can be easily found in most Asian grocery stores or supermarkets. Feel free to adjust the quantities based on your preference and the number of servings you want to make. Now that you have gathered all the necessary ingredients, you are ready to start cooking Mee Goreng (Seafood)!
Steps to cook Mee Goreng (Seafood)
- 200g yellow noodles
- 150g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 150g squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Spring onions and lime wedges for garnish
- Boil the yellow noodles in a pot of water until al dente, then drain and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the prawns and squid to the wok, and cook until they are cooked through and slightly caramelized.
- Push the seafood to one side of the wok and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Scramble the eggs until they are cooked.
- Add the cooked noodles to the wok, along with the soy sauce, oyster sauce, tomato ketchup, chili sauce, curry powder, sugar, and salt. Mix everything together until the noodles are well coated with the sauce.
- Cook for a few more minutes, stirring constantly, until the noodles are heated through.
- Remove from heat and garnish with spring onions.
- Serve hot with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the noodles.
Enjoy your homemade Mee Goreng with seafood, packed with delicious flavors and a perfect balance of spices!