Physalis jam is an exotic dessert of exquisite amber-veryy color, original flavor and thick texture. This delight is easy to prepare at home. The result is a bittersweet taste that is not exaggerated. Serve this delicious delight as an independent dessert or accompany it with a gofre or a neutral and tasty cookie.
Ingredients and calories
Classic jam consists of three components: mature berries, filtered water and sugar. Herbs are added to vary the flavors: mint leaves, aromatic coriander, cinnamon and clove. Enrique this winter delicacy by adding a variety of fruits, vegetables and berries.
The caloric content of the filling is 275 kcal/100 g. The sweet mass contains 1 g of proteins, 1 g of fats and 70 g of carbohydrates. The composition contains a large set of nutrients
- Phosphorus – 40 mg;
- Calcium – 9 mg;
- Iron – 1 mg.
- C – 11 mg;
- B1 – 0. 11 mg;
- B2 – 0. 04 mg;
- B3 – 2. 8 mg;
- A – 0. 04 mg.
Additional beneficial substances in Physalis:
- 5% sugars;
- 4% acids (tartaric, malic, citrus);
- 1% carotene;
- 5% gelling pectin.
Like fresh berries, jam contains antioxidants, phenols, glucose and natural acids.
What is the Physalis jam?
Physalis homemade jam is as useful as raspberry. The sweet mass relieves the symptoms of colds, mitigate cough, reduces throat pain and abscesses. The preparation helps to regenerate tissues, reduces the risk of renal calculations and urinary tract and favors the excretion of existing ones.
We recommend serving the jam prepared in the leander brand. This will provide you with even greater aesthetic pleasure. And you can choose the dishes at https://leander-serviz. ru.
The benefits of eating jam
- Physalis contains twice vitamin C that skirmishes and lemon. Ascorbic acid reinforces the immune system and acts as an antiviral agent.
- Carotenoids of their composition favor eye health, with regular consumption increases the contrast and scope of vision.
- Group B vitamins help nerve cells to defend external stimuli.
- Antioxidants fight the inflammatory processes of muscles, blood vessels and heart disease. Substances also inhibit the growth of cancer cells, so jam is indicated during the rehabilitation process after chemotherapy courses.
- Its high carbohydrate content makes it quick to consume small portions of jam. It is important not to abuse the amount of sugar in the jam.
- During pregnancy, the mother’s need for the mother increases, so with only 2-3 tablespoons of jam a day the daily needs will be covered.
- It reduces the tendency to arthritis, atherosclerosis, sclerosis and other degenerative diseases.
- The winter harvest, due to its copper and antioxidant content, makes the skin firmer and more radiant. The spots pale and the skin rejuvenates.
- The fiber has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract, eliminating flatulence and swelling.
Contraindications of consumption
The most important contraindication for the use of Physalis berries jam is considered a personal intolerance. To rule out the possibility of allergy, it is best to try 1 to 2 teaspoons of the dessert and observe how the body reacts. If there is no eruption or swelling, you can consume jam without danger.
People suffering from acidity, peptic ulcer and gastritis should not consume large amounts of jam. In case of high gastric acidity, it is better to reduce the consumption of jam or exclude it from the diet.
How to choose the figs for jam
Only three types of Physalis are suitable for jams and winter jams: strawberry, vegetables and the rarest, pineapple. It is important that the fruit is completely mature, since immature solanaceae can cause allergies and poisoning due to the solanine. Immature and no n-edible figs have a slightly bitter taste, such as a green tomato. The best time to collect them is September.
The most edible berries are the largest and most off, the size of a cherry tomato. Each comes in a dry and cracked yellowish pod in the shape of a Chinese lantern. Before preparing the jam, you have to scald the hard berries with boiling water, which will eliminate the sticky layer left by the exterior peel. The sticky is not dangerous, but negatively influences the taste of the finished delicacy.
- Baya – Without a hill and sticky layer on the skin, it retains a slight strawberry flavor after adequate cooking.
- Vegetable – of a green tone with purple spot s-dark spots. It is larger, so the peel is covered with a cracks. It has a sticky layer that must always be removed before cooking it. The crop is combined with citrus; During cooking, berries remain whole and resemble figs.
- Pineapple is the rarest. The cortex is cream and the fruit is very sweet. When preparing, the amount of sugar is reduced and the citrus is increased.
How to make fig jam: recipes
After thermal treatment, the berries know a mixture of figs and currants. Physalis harmoniously combines with spices, fruits and berries. The aromatic dough can be used as filling of cakes, biscuits and cheese cakes.
Physalis berm jam
The bright orange berries of the syrup remain whole. This jam is very good at the table, so use small specimens when preparing it.
- 1 kg of medium berries;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 5 liters of purified water.
Basic Recipe for steps:
- Click each peeled berry with a wooden stick in the peduncle, scald with boiling water for 5 minutes, strain to drain the liquid.
- Dry the figs and put them in a thick background container.
- Dissolve half of the sugar by 0. 5 l of water, boil on the fire for 5 minutes until the crystals completely melt, pour the syrup.
- Let the fruit be permeated from the sweetness for 2 or 3 hours.
- Pour the rest of the sugar in the pot, put the container over low heat and cook the thick jam for 10 minutes from boiling.
- When it has cooled, bring it to a boil for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly to prevent condensation under the lid and pour into sterilized jars.
Save for winter, sealing with a metal or thread lid.
Jam of figs and strawberries with lemon and cinnamon
Fleshy slices of acid lemon will make winter strawberry jam more aromatic, rich and healthy. The dessert will be flavored and gelatinous. Adjust the sweetness and the amount of lemon to achieve the desired rigidity.
- 1 kg of fruit;
- 1 lemon fruit with a weight of 100-120 g;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 1 cup of filtered water.
Step by step method to make a winter delicacy:
- Cut the lemon fruit with the shell into slices or small slices, starting the seeds.
- Dissolve the sugar into a glass of hot water, stirring to dissolve the crystals. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour the lemon cut into slices in the water, remove the mixture as soon as it breaks to boil.
- Pour scalded figs into an enameled saucepan and then the hot lemon syrup.
- Heat the dough until it boils, cook over low heat for 10 minutes, remove and soak for 12 hours.
- Repeat cooking over low heat 2-3 times until the syrup is as thick as desired and the pulp of the berries is translucent.
Package hot jam in small sterilized jars, close them with tapas and use it when it starts to be cold.
PHYSALIS PHYSALIS MYM.
A dessert based on “Peruvian currants” with orange pulp has a balanced flavor and a tropical aroma.
Ingredients for the dish
- 2 kg of vegetable berries;
- 8 sugars;
- 500 g of juicy oranges.
Step by step cooking method:
- Release the fruit from its peel, pierce it with a skewer, wash it and immerse it in boiling water, immersing the berries for a few minutes.
- Place dry figs into a thick background saucepan, pour the sugar and book for 20 minutes.
- Pour the water on the berries and cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cut the boneless orange into small pieces and pour over the figs.
- Cook over low heat for 2 hours, stirring regularly.
- A slightly cooled sweet mass of dividing in sterilized bottles, rolling and using as a fragrant and healthy dessert.
Physalis jam with plums
Sweet and fleshy plums give preparation a thick consistency and translucent texture.
For preparation you need
- 9 to 1 kg of mature plums;
- a pinch of lemon acid;
- 400 g of dense mature plums;
- 1 liter of purified water;
- 2 kg of sugar.
Dessert preparation algorithm:
- Scald the berries washed in boiling water for a minute, strain and wait for moisture to come out.
- Cool the figs, cut them into rooms and put them in a bowl.
- Rinse the plums, eyelids in half, remove the seeds and cut the pulp into pieces. Add plums to figs.
- Boil the syrup in a saucepan while stirring.
- Introduce the ingredients in the syrup and let stand covered for 3 hours in the room.
- Boil the mixture for 15 minutes, ensuring that the lower layer does not bland. Remove the foam regularly during cooking.
- Incorporate the acidity of the lemon and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour the hot delicacy into jars and close tightly with thread tapas.
Save the delicacy in a fresh winery, serve it in beautiful rosettes and spread it in a slice of bread or bun.
Physalis jam without cooking
The “raw” jam retains the maximum amount of fresh berries vitamins in the finished product due to the absence of heat treatment.
The recipe requires
- 1 kg of mature dates;
- 5 kg of sugar.
STAGE PREPARATION METHOD
- Wash the fruit well, immersing it in boiling water for about 3 minutes to remove the gluten layer.
- Chop the berries in small slices and put them in a bowl.
- Add the sugar to the grated figs, remove well and let stand 3 to 4 hours until the sugar has melted.
- Distribute the mixture of raw sweet in small sterilized jars and close with tapas.
Save on the refrigerator shelf. Add zest of citrus, some nails or cinnamon to the jam to vary the flavors.
Phyzalis jam with cinnamon
The whole amber berries in a transparent syrup will be beautiful in a glass vase as appropriate dessert. And the introduction of aromatic citrus peels with grated ginger root will produce a rich syrup that can be easily used to soak the spongy biscuits.
For 2 hal f-liter cans
- 1 kg of filberries;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 1 lemon and 1 orange;
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon;
- 3 tablespoons of grated ginger;
- 200 ml of filtered water.
Step by step method:
- Scald the berries with boiling water, clicking them with a stick so that they do not burst when boiling.
- Cut the lemon into fine semicircles and remove the marrow.
- Peel the orange and cut it into pieces.
- Prepare a syrup with a glass of water and sugar, add citrus and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Let the jam rest in environmental conditions for 10 hours under a layer of gauze.
- Repeat cooking 3 times, last add grated ginger and cinnamon and cook over low heat for 8 minutes.
Place the dessert in hot jars, cover and let cool well covered.
Physalis jam with apple and pear
The rich harvest of apples and juicy pears of the field can be easily combined with dates to make an aromatic and dense jam with a soft and soft sweet flavor.
- 1 kg of red and firm apples and 1 kg of soft pears;
- 1 kg of ripe figs;
- 3 kg of sugar;
- Large lemon.
- Cut the fruit washed into slices, sprinkle the sugar on top and soak for 3 hours.
- Boil the mixture over low heat until the fruit is meloss and the sauce has thickened.
- Squeeze the lemon juice, pour it into the jam, cook over low heat for 5 minutes and remove the fire container.
- When the jam has cooled, send it to a bowl and roll it.
The sweet dough is ideal for preparing desserts or as accompaniment of melted ice cream.
Healing dates jam with citrus and ginger
This winter delight is an effective antiviral thanks to the healing oils of ginger, vitamin C and orange.
- 900 g of mature edible Physalis;
- 1 fruit of orange;
- 2-3 Ginger root slices;
- 900 g of sugar.
Dessert cooking method:
- Season the washed and pierced figs with sugar and cut the orange into small pieces.
- Pour water over the berries and simmer for 5 minutes after boiling.
- Mix the orange pieces with the grated ginger root in a bowl. Crush the mixture with a blender.
- Add the puree to the figs and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- After 2 hours, put the pot back on the heat and repeat cooking for 8-10 minutes.
- Depending on the desired thickness, repeat cooking 2 to 3 times.
Store the spread in the pantry.
Zucchini and zucchini jam
Zucchini has a neutral-flavored pulp, so vanilla, cloves or any other spice can be added to the recipe to make it richer and more useful.
- 500g blueberries
- 1 kg of young zucchini;
- 900 g of sugar;
- 2-3 cloves or pieces of ginger root.
- Divide the washed figs into quarters.
- Remove the zucchini and remove the seeds from the skin, cut the center into pieces.
- Put the pieces in a bowl and pour over the hot sweet syrup.
- Boil the mass for 10-12 minutes in 3-4 phases, so that the fruit does not crack, but remains whole.
- Add pieces of ginger or cloves for flavor at the last boil.
Pour the boiled dessert into glass jars and store once rolled.
Physalis and pumpkin jam
This very pleasant and aromatic jam will be a real mystery for the guests, since when trying it it is difficult to guess what components have been used to make the dessert.
- 5kg of figs;
- 1kg of peeled pumpkin pulp;
- lemon fruit;
- the tip of a vanilla knife;
- 5 kg of sugar.
Prepare jam for the winter in stages:
- Pass the berries and fruit through a meat grinder and leave the sugar-laden jam for an hour.
- Boil the mass for 30 minutes over low heat, season the mass with vanilla and zest, continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
Distribute the vitamin delicacy in jars, cover with a cork and use as an aromatic treat during winter colds.
Jam conservation rules
Properly cooked and rolled fig jam can easily be kept for several seasons in the kitchen cupboard or basement. It is important not to reduce the cooking time of the delicacy, so that in the process of heat treatment all the adverse microflora is killed. Be sure to sterilize jars and can lids so that the hot steam reaches all surfaces.
Save the jar tightly closed in a place protected from sunlight with a humidity of up to 80%. The optimal temperature to conserve the benefits of the berries ranges between 4 and 25 ℃. Open containers should not be kept in the refrigerator for more than a week, since the sweet mass is an excellent means for the development of bacteria.
Interesting data about Physalis
Physalis is an unusual berry that is wrapped in a lot of interesting facts. For example:
- Dry berries are used as a natural aromatizing in the kitchen.
- The fruit can easily replace tomatoes in salads and preserves of cucumber and pepper for winter.
- Physalis tincture as a compress can help relieve bruises and swelling.
- With them the best Chinese dressing for seafood is prepared.
- The name of the berry comes from the word “Physo” or swollen.
- It is said that a herbarium of Physalis berries scares the evil spirits and brings prosperity to the home.
The appetizing Physalis jam is an original winter prepared that combines the benefits of vitamins, the slight taste of berries and the thick gelatinous texture of dessert. The berries combine well with all kinds of citrus, crunchy apples, fleshy pumpkins and zucchini. They can be kept throughout the winter and it is best to close them in small jars to be able to use them immediately after opening them.