The Quick and Easy British Fruitcake is a classic dessert that is popular in Britain and known for its rich, fruity flavor. Made with a combination of dried fruits, such as raisins, currants, and candied cherries, this fruitcake is moist and bursting with delicious natural sweetness.
This recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy a homemade fruitcake without spending hours in the kitchen. It requires minimal preparation and can be ready to serve in just a few hours. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or simply craving a slice of moist and flavorful fruitcake, this recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Ingredients for Quick and Easy British Fruitcake
This recipe requires a combination of dry ingredients, flavorful spices, and moist ingredients to create a delicious British fruitcake. Here are the key ingredients you will need:
- All-purpose flour – 300 grams
- Granulated sugar – 200 grams
- Butter – 200 grams, at room temperature
- Eggs – 4, large
- Mixed dried fruits – 500 grams (such as raisins, currants, and candied peel)
- Orange juice – 1 tablespoon
- Orange zest – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Ground cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg – 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk – 2 tablespoons
- Brandy or rum – 3 tablespoons (optional)
The combination of all-purpose flour, sugar, and butter forms the base of the cake, providing structure and a buttery flavor. The eggs act as a binding agent, helping to hold the ingredients together. The mixed dried fruits add a burst of sweetness and a chewy texture to the cake. Adding orange juice and zest enhances the fruit flavors and adds a tangy element to the cake. Baking powder is used as a leavening agent, ensuring the cake rises properly. The spices, such as cinnamon and nutmeg, provide warm and aromatic notes to the cake. Milk is added to create a moist texture, and brandy or rum can be optionally added for additional flavor.
Step by Step Instructions for Making Quick and Easy British Fruitcake
Preparing a delicious British fruitcake doesn’t have to be a complicated process. Follow these simple steps to create a quick and easy fruit cake that will impress your family and friends.
- Gather the ingredients: Start by collecting all the necessary ingredients for the fruitcake. This includes dried fruits like raisins, currants, and candied peel, as well as butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix the dry ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, spices, and a pinch of salt. Mix them together until they are well combined.
- Cream the butter and sugar: In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until they are pale and fluffy. This can be done with an electric mixer or by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Add the eggs: Gradually add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture, beating well after each addition. This will help to ensure a light and airy texture for the fruitcake.
- Add the dried fruits: Fold in the dried fruits, making sure they are evenly distributed throughout the cake batter.
- Bake the fruitcake: Transfer the cake batter into a greased and lined cake tin. Smooth the top with a spatula and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and serve: Once the fruitcake is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the tin for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before serving. Optionally, you can wrap the fruitcake in parchment paper and store it in an airtight container for several days to allow the flavors to develop.
Follow these simple steps, and you’ll have a delicious British fruitcake ready to enjoy in no time. Whether it’s for a special occasion or just a treat for yourself, this quick and easy recipe is sure to impress.
Tips from Professional Chefs for Making Quick and Easy British Fruitcake
When it comes to making a quick and easy British fruitcake, professional chefs have some valuable tips to share. These tips will help you achieve a moist and flavorful cake that will be the highlight of any occasion:
- Choose the right fruits: To ensure that your fruitcake is bursting with flavor, select a variety of dried fruits such as raisins, currants, and mixed peel. Soak them in your choice of alcohol, like rum or brandy, overnight to enhance their taste.
- Use quality ingredients: The quality of your ingredients can greatly affect the outcome of your fruitcake. Invest in good-quality butter, eggs, and flour for a rich and indulgent cake. Additionally, make sure your spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, are fresh for optimal flavor.
- Prevent overmixing: When combining the dry and wet ingredients, avoid overmixing the batter. Overmixing can result in a dense and heavy cake. Instead, gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. This will help to maintain a light and airy texture.
By following these tips from professional chefs, you’ll be able to create a quick and easy British fruitcake that is moist, flavorful, and sure to impress. Happy baking!
As a lover of British cuisine, I was thrilled to come across this Quick and Easy British Fruitcake recipe. I have always been a fan of fruitcakes, but many recipes I have tried in the past have been complicated and time-consuming. This recipe, however, lived up to its name and was indeed quick and easy to make.
The instructions were clear and easy to follow, and I was able to have the cake in the oven in no time. The combination of dried fruits and spices gave the cake a rich and indulgent flavor, and the texture was moist and dense, just like a traditional British fruitcake should be.
I also appreciated the fact that this recipe didn’t require any specialized ingredients or equipment. Everything I needed was already in my pantry, which made the process even easier. The end result was a beautiful and delicious fruitcake that I was proud to share with my friends and family.
I highly recommend this Quick and Easy British Fruitcake recipe to anyone who loves fruitcakes but doesn’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. It is a winner in terms of taste, texture, and simplicity. Give it a try and impress your loved ones with this delightful British treat!
I recently tried the Quick and Easy British Fruitcake recipe and I must say, it exceeded my expectations. As a fan of British desserts, I was intrigued by the simplicity of this recipe and how quickly it came together. The cake turned out moist and packed with flavor, thanks to the combination of dried fruits and spices.
The recipe was very straightforward and easy to follow, even for someone like me who is not an experienced baker. I appreciated that I didn’t have to soak the fruits overnight, as the recipe suggests using hot tea to rehydrate them. This not only saves time but also infuses the fruits with a subtle tea flavor, which adds another dimension to the cake.
I loved the balance of sweetness in this fruitcake. The brown sugar provided just the right amount of sweetness, while the lemon zest and juice added a tangy and refreshing twist. The spices, such as cinnamon and nutmeg, gave the cake a warm and comforting aroma, perfect for the holiday season.
The Quick and Easy British Fruitcake was a hit among my family and friends. They couldn’t believe I made it from scratch, and some even asked for the recipe! I highly recommend trying this recipe if you’re looking for a delicious and hassle-free fruitcake that will impress your guests and satisfy your sweet tooth.
The Quick and Easy British Fruitcake recipe is a game-changer for anyone who loves traditional British desserts. As someone who enjoys baking, I was thrilled to come across this recipe, and I can confidently say that it exceeded my expectations in every way.
First and foremost, the recipe lives up to its promise of being quick and easy. With just a few simple ingredients, including mixed dried fruit, butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and spices, I was able to whip up a delicious fruitcake in no time. The instructions were clear and easy to follow, making the entire baking process a breeze.
But what really impressed me was the taste. The fruitcake turned out incredibly moist and flavorful, with a perfect balance of sweetness from the dried fruits and spices. The texture was spot-on, with a light and fluffy crumb that melted in my mouth. I especially loved the addition of brandy, which added a rich and indulgent flavor to the cake.
In conclusion, I highly recommend the Quick and Easy British Fruitcake recipe to anyone who wants to enjoy a delicious and authentic British dessert without spending hours in the kitchen. It is the perfect treat for any occasion and will surely impress your family and friends. Give it a try, and I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
I recently tried the Quick and Easy British Fruitcake recipe, and it was absolutely delicious. As someone who enjoys baking, I appreciate recipes that are simple and produce fantastic results, and this one certainly did not disappoint. The cake turned out to be incredibly moist and flavorful, with a perfect balance of sweetness and tang from the mixed fruits.
What I loved about this recipe is that it truly lives up to its name – it was quick and easy to make. All the ingredients were readily available, and the instructions were clear and straightforward. The cake didn’t require any complicated techniques or lengthy preparation time, which made it perfect for a busy day when I was craving something homemade.
The texture of the fruitcake was spot on – dense and moist with a tender crumb. The mixed fruits added a burst of flavor and a delightful chewiness to every bite. I particularly enjoyed the combination of raisins, currants, and candied orange peel, which gave the cake a delightful fruity aroma and a hint of citrus.
Overall, I highly recommend trying the Quick and Easy British Fruitcake recipe. Whether you’re a baking enthusiast or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress. Its simplicity and fantastic taste make it a winner in my book. I will definitely be making this fruitcake again in the future.
I recently tried the “Quick and Easy British Fruitcake” recipe and I must say, it exceeded my expectations. As someone who loves baking, I am always on the lookout for new and delicious recipes to try, and this fruitcake definitely hit the spot.
First of all, the recipe was indeed quick and easy to follow. The instructions were clear and concise, making it a breeze to whip up this delicious treat. The combination of dried fruits, such as raisins and currants, along with the warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, created a wonderful aroma in my kitchen as the fruitcake was baking.
Once the cake was cooled and ready to be served, I was impressed with the moist and tender texture. The cake had a rich and dense crumb, packed with the flavors of the soaked fruits. It was not overly sweet, which I appreciated, as it allowed the natural sweetness of the fruits to shine through. The addition of almonds added a nice crunch to each bite, providing a delightful contrast to the softness of the cake.
I highly recommend trying the “Quick and Easy British Fruitcake” recipe. Whether you are a seasoned baker or a beginner, this recipe is sure to impress. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion or simply for enjoying with a cup of tea in the afternoon. Don’t be intimidated by fruitcakes – this recipe will prove that they can be delicious and approachable. Give it a try and indulge in a slice of British culinary delight!
I recently tried the Quick and Easy British Fruitcake recipe and I have to say, it was a hit! As someone who enjoys baking but doesn’t always have the time or patience for complicated recipes, this one was perfect. The ingredients were easy to find and the instructions were clear and straightforward.
The end result was a delicious, moist fruitcake with a lovely balance of flavors. The combination of dried fruit, spices, and nuts created a perfect blend of sweetness and warmth. I especially loved the hint of rum that added an extra depth of flavor to the cake.
What I appreciated most about this recipe was how quickly it came together. It only took me about 30 minutes to prepare the batter, and then it was in the oven for just over an hour. The result was a perfectly baked fruitcake that was not overly dense or heavy.
I highly recommend trying the Quick and Easy British Fruitcake recipe. It’s a great option for anyone who wants to enjoy a traditional fruitcake without the hassle of a complicated recipe. Whether you’re a baking enthusiast or just looking to impress your friends and family, this recipe is sure to be a winner.