Vegetable foods constitute the base of the healthiest Mediterranean diet. One of its components is the chickpeas, whose benefits and damages know well not only Turks, Italians and Spanish. Thanks to commercial and cultural ties, the chickpeas also appeared in Russia.
Let’s know the composition of chickpeas, why they are important for the health of adults and children. How to choose, cook and use chickpeas for various diseases. Help lose weight.
Nutritional and energy value of chickpeas
They are originally from Central Asia. Chickpeas are a herbaceous plant belonging to the family of legumes. They are known as chickpeas, lamb chickpeas, chickpeas of the Volga. Because of its resemblance to nuts it has acquired the same name.
Chickpea is one of the most studied crops in recent times. His interest is due to the growing desire of people to lead a healthy lifestyle. Good nutrition is in the center of this trend.
For nutritionists, an important indicator of any food is its energy content. It reflects the amount of energy that the body obtains from the product in the digestion process. Composition of 100 grams of cooked chickpeas
- 8. 8 g proteins;
- 1. 8 g fat;
- Carbohydrates 18. 1 g;
- The caloric value of cooked chickpeas is 129 kcal, while dry chickpeas is 376 kcal.
Doctors have found that Mediterranean countries have greater life expectancy and less chronic diseases. This fact was the trigger for the development of a diet that reduces the risk of heart disease, the first cause of death on the planet. Chickpeas occupy a prominent place in the diet.
The nutritional value of the chickpeas is guaranteed by the chemical components they contain. Number of ingredients per 100 grams of dry cereal
- 20. 0 g proteins;
- fats 4. 9 g ;;
- Carbohydrates 61. 0 g
- Food fiber 9. 8 g
- 41. 0 g starch
- ashes 3 g;
- 7 g of saturated fatty acids and 2. 9 g of polyunsaturated;
- 3 g of monkey and disaccharides.
The table shows the composition of vitamins and micronutrients.
Nutrient content per 100 grams of dried chickpeas
They contain potassium and magnesium, essential for the heart. As for healthy fats, chickpeas are superior to all other legumes, except soybeans. It contains Omega-3 and Omega-6. It contains essential amino acids: Metionine, tryptophan and lysine.
Studying the nutritional value of chickpeas, we can conclude that it is a product rich in carbohydrates, proteins and fatty acids.
GARBANZO PROPERTIES FOR THE ORGANISM
The main ingredient of chickpeas is an easy digestion vegetable protein. Nutritionists equate it to chicken protein. That is why vegetarians, crudivores and all those who do not eat meat are recommended. The useful properties of chickpea are directly related to their composition:
- Strengthens the heart and blood vessels thanks to the healthy unsaturated fats Omega-3 and Omega-6 included, as well as the 18 essential amino acids.
- It has a positive effect on the digestive system. The large amount of fiber that contains helps gently clean the intestines and prevent constipation.
- Chickpeas, like all legumes, are rich in proteins and carbohydrates, main energy sources. A dish of chickpeas at noon and will be full for the night.
- The calcium present in the chickpeas reinforces the bone tissue.
- They are used in a diet for cataracts as a means to improve the circulation of intraocular fluid.
- Its high iron content favors blood renewal, increases the hemoglobin level. Doctors recommend including Nohut in the menu of patients suffering from anemia.
- It helps improve dental health, eliminates inflammation from the mouth.
- There are nohut property tests to increase muscle mass.
- It reduces cholesterol, thus improving the health of the heart and blood vessels.
- The nochut is useful for diabetes, since it increases glucose sensitivity.
Including chickpeas in the menu has a positive effect on people’s general health. Regular consumption of chickpeas with vitamins and minerals improves the immunity of adults and children.
Throughout the world it is known that the healthiest food is the Mediterranean diet. It is good for all ages.
For the women.
Having appeared in the Slavic kitchen, the chickpeas immediately replaced the usual peas. Special attention must be paid to the issue of why chickpeas are useful for the women’s body.
Thanks to their high content of minerals and vitamins, chickpeas have a positive effect on the future mother. They cover the greatest need for iron, necessary for the formation of the fetus. Chickpeas are useful during the menstrual cycle to prevent anemia.
Women who drink chickpeas in their diet have soft and acne skin, bright hair and strong nails. This is due to the presence of a large amount of calcium and proteins, the construction material of the entire body.
Boiled chickpeas with few calories are recommended to women who follow different diets. Reinforces breastfeeding in infant mothers.
The erectile function of men decreases over the years, but the Mediterranean diet maintains the power in adulthood. Chickpeas keep testosterone levels and improve the quality and mobility of sperm. Not surprisingly, chickpeas are considered aphrodisiacs in the East. This interesting product has specific properties
- Increase sexual desire.
- It favors the construction of muscle mass without increasing the fat layer thanks to the amino acid lysine. This property of chickpeas attracts athletes and who follow the principles of healthy eating.
- The legume includes minerals and vitamins that favor the reproductive system. The most important of them is selenium. This component increases the production of male sexual hormone. Chickpeas helps restore power in 60 years.
Thanks to the high fiber content Eastern product eliminates slags. IMPORTANT: Guistes It is recommended to include in the menu 2-3 times a week for men living in regions with environmental problems or working in dangerous work.
Chickpeas contribute to children all the necessary nutrients. From 18 months it is allowed to give chickpeas in the form of puree or liquid porridge.
A teaspoon must be added to the diet. Older babies can eat the right amount if their stomach digest well. Chickpeas have nut flavor, so children enjoy eating soups and pasta made with them.
Dangers and contraindications
In addition to their beneficial properties, chickpeas have contraindications for diseases
- Cistitis – Bladder inflammation;
- gout, since chickpeas increase uric acid formation;
- stomach and intestinal ulcers;
- exacerbation of gastritis.
How to use
Chickpeas, like all legumes, are a heavy food. Chickpeas take 4 hours to completely process. It is preferable to eat them in the afternoon to have time to digest them before last night.
In order not to cause intestinal fermentations and discomfort, a plate of chickpeas with water does not wash. This dilutes the concentration of gastric juices and enzymes.
It is not recommended to combine chickpeas with other protein foods. To reduce swelling it is useful to combine them with aromatic herbs: dill, fennel.
For medicinal purposes
Chickpeas were originally included by experts in the Mediterranean diet to prevent heart and vascular diseases. In the research process, other therapeutic properties of the product were revealed.
To lose weight and purify
There are scientific evidence that chickpeas have a positive effect on weight loss. But not all meals are dietary. To lose weight, nutritionists recommend boiled beans, adding them to soups and vegetable salads. It should refrain from eating large quantities. Otherwise, the kilos will return to the same place.
To purify and lose weight you can also use chickpeas without boiling them:
- Soak the chickpeas in boiling water cooled at room temperature for 8 hours.
- Pass them for a meat chopper or a blender.
- Consume the pasta in small portions throughout the day, adding it to salads, soups or spreading it in dietary breads.
- Repeat the procedure the next day.
Coma chickpeas for a week. This method not only helps get rid of excess weight, but also cleanses the intestines of accumulated toxins. In addition, it saturates the body of vitamins and trace elements. By the way, the weekly menu is repeated at 7-day intervals. The full course is designed for 3 months.
For the urogenital system
The soft diuretic effect of chickpeas is beneficial for the genitourinary system. By getting rid of excess fluid, chickpeas clean the kidneys and bladder. Prevents inflammatory processes. Thus, the chickpea improves the function of the reproductive organs of men and women.
For the liver
Chickpeas are a natural hepatoprotector. The amino acid Metionine in its composition protects the liver, prevents fat deposition among its hepatocyte cells. Chickpeas stimulate the synthesis and excretion of bile, thus avoiding the formation of gallbladder calculations.
For the cardiovascular system
The composition of chickpeas makes them indispensable for people with heart problems. Potassium minerals, magnesium improve the contractile myocardial function. Food fiber eliminates harmful saturated fats. Chickpeas consumption reduces the level of blood cholesterol.
For strong bones
Calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and iron of chickpeas strengthen bone structure. Chickpeas prevent fractures of arms and legs. The germinated seeds replenish bone tissue with essential minerals.
Chickpeas prevent the risk of intestinal malignant tumors. Food fibers eliminate toxins. In this way, chickpeas inhibit the growth of rotten bacteria. Vitamin E combats free radicals produced by tissue oxidation in people suffering from dissbacteriosis, colitis.
According to oncologists, eating chickpeas, rich in fiber and ascorbic acid, reduces the risk of colon cancer. Vitamin C, with its strong antioxidant properties, protects healthy tissues from damage caused by free radicals.
Chickpeas have a low glycemic index, 28. That is why experts recommend their regular consumption to diabetic people. Scientists affirm that carbohydrates present are slowly broken down, which softens blood sugar peaks. Therefore, when they eat chickpeas, glucose levels remain normal.
Gulmed chickpeas – benefits and losses
Spherical chickpeas are much more beneficial for some people than cooked chickpeas for several reasons:
- The calories are reduced to 116 kcal, carbohydrates at 20 grams and 7. 5 grams proteins. This advantage is used by doctors to treat diabetes, obesity.
- It contains 6 times more antioxidants, which allows to prescribe it more effectively to patients with cancer and heart disease.
- Many times richer in vitamins and microelements, which is useful for infant mothers and women in the delivery period. In this way, chickpeas better strengthen bones and teeth.
- The high levels of phosphorus, magnesium and calcium prevent fragile bones.
- Much easier to digest, so people with stomach and intestinal problems are recommended.
The outbreaks can be harmful in the exacerbation of stomach diseases, as well as in gout, thrombophlebitis. A contraindication for its use is cereal protein intolerance.
Chickpea in traditional medicine
The healers use chickpeas as food to treat skin diseases: eczema, psoriasis, furunculosis. Ground flour grains are used as an external remedy.
The infusion of chicks soaked is used against baldness. It is used to eliminate seborrhea and acne from the face. Help with the bleeding of gums caused by periodontal disease.
Mask for a young face
An wrinkle smooth remedy prepared with chickpea flour. Grind the grains in a coffee grinder to obtain it. Mix 2 tablespoons with equal parts of sour cream or milk. Apply the mixture on the skin and leave for 20 minutes. After the first session, wrinkles have already smoothed. The face becomes smooth and radiant.
The mask favors rejuvenation thanks to its rich composition. Vitamins and trace elements have nutritional properties, amino acids rejuvenate.
Chickpea soup can help with the inflammation of the respiratory tract. To get rid of tough in bronchitis, tracheitis, make a chickpea soup. Season with radish oil, grated almonds and dill. Eat in small portions during the day.
In case of poisoning
2-3 days after poisoning Use sprout chicks decoction. Take 2 tablespoons of beans, boil with 1, 5 cups of water for a quarter of an hour. After straining, drink throughout the day in small portions.
In the kitchen to lose weight
In order to get rid of excess weight, the product must be mechanically prosecuted to reduce the stomach time and intestines. To do this, chickpeas prepare in different ways.
Favorite dish in Russia, hummus is a paste that is used as garrison or smeared in bread. Preparation method:
- Soak 2 cups of chickpeas in cold water with a tablespoon of bicarbonate, leave all night.
- In the morning, pour the water and rinse the beans.
- Let cook over medium heat for an hour covered.
- Pass the chickpeas through the blender or the Pasapurés.
- Season with chopped garlic, salt, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add 50 g of ground sesame seeds.
List paste can be stored in the refrigerator and used to grease cookies, bread, flat bread during breakfast.
Germinated – how to germinate
Chickpeas germinated with boiled rice semolina are a vegetarian option. This dish contributes to the body proteins, micronutrients and amino acids.
The procedure to obtain the germinates is simple:
- Rinse the peas and leave them in water for 10 hours.
- In the morning, drain the water. Cover the container with a damp cloth, which must be wet periodically to maintain moisture.
- Past 8 hours, rinse them again.
- At 24 hours the first outbreaks will appear.
- Once rinsed, place them in the refrigerator and keep them for a maximum of 5 days.
The outbreaks must be consumed after 3 days, when they measure 3 to 4 cm. The outbreaks can be eaten alone or together with the peas. Keep a maximum of 5 days in the refrigerator.
Soak the chickpeas in cold water all night before cooking them. In the morning, the chickpeas are washed and poured with fresh water so that they do not swell. Cook the chickpeas over medium heat with a lid for at least 1. 5 hours. The process can be accelerated in a multicocin pot. For the porridge, chop the beans in a blender, gradually adding the same broth until the desired consistency is obtained. Season with dill, salt and a lemon splash if desired.
Chickpea and tomato soup
It is a good idea for those who are taking care of your figure prepare a tasty chickpea soup. Rinse the beans and let them soak all night. In the morning, drain the broth and put the chickpeas in a saucepan. Pour New Water and put it to the fire.
Once boiling, lower the heat, remove the aluminum foil and cook over low heat until they are fully cooked. Show with onion, tomato and fried garlic in olive oil. Cook another 10 minutes. Add dill, coriander and basil.
Crispy roasted chickpeas with salt are a delicious snack that replaces breadcrumbs, popcorn or fried potatoes. Pican balls combine perfectly with beer. However, we must not forget that the nutritional value of the finished product increases to 520 kcal.
Chickpeas preparation is very simple. Just soak them all night. In the morning, rinse them in a strainer and sequer them with a paper towel.
While the chickpeas dry, prepare the spices: salt, paprika, garlic powder and pepper. Toast the beans in a Honda pan with vegetable oil. Once cold, mix them with the condiments.
If you use canned chickpeas, rinse them and sequer them before frying them. For the rest, the procedure is the same.
How to choose and conserve
When you buy chickpeas, pay attention to the freshness of the product reading the container label. Quality beans have a smooth and uniform surface. Dr y-wrinkled beans of an ancient harvest will not help.
The large variety of Kabuli chickpeas is popular among the Russians. Yellow peas are sold without peeling. You have to take the movie after soaking them. To save the discomfort, buy nohut that comes from Türkiye.
Guisantes retain their organoleptic properties in a dark and fresh ventilation room. In summer, they must be poured into glass jars with a lid and placed in the refrigerator. Under these conditions, chickpeas will maintain their quality for a year.
Chickpeas are an important part of a balanced diet. A variety of dishes made with them is delicious and nutritious. Because of its rich composition, it has medicinal properties. Nutritionists recommend cooking Nohut 1-2 times per week to stay healthy.