Pacanas have recently appeared on national shops, but have already gained popularity among consumers. What are pacanas for women and how to consume them? In this article you will find the answers.
Chemical composition and walnut properties
Pecana nut, whose useful properties for women are undeniable, contains many vitamins:
- Vitamin C, which reinforces the walls of blood vessels and favors the immune system. This vitamin is indicated in varicose veins and other vascular diseases;
- Vitamin E. is a natural antioxidant, which slows down the aging process. Vitamin E is also beneficial for the reproductive system, so women who wish to get pregnant;
- Vitamin B9, also known as folic acid. This vitamin improves cell division: it helps avoid anemia and is indicated in the first trimester of pregnancy, when the fetus is developing all its organic systems;
- Vitamin K. improves blood coagulation;
- Vitamin A. A natural antioxidant. Improves skin, hair and nails, and delays the aging process.
It contains pacanas and a series of valuable amino acids:
- hill. Necessary for the normal functioning of the nervous system;
- LuteinIt helps prevent eye diseases, improves visual acuity.
Pacanas contain a series of micronutrients:
- Iron, which helps fight ferropenic anemia;
- potassium and magnesium, which favor cardiac function;
- Zinc, which has a beneficial effect on the immune system;
- Phosphorus, necessary for the normal functioning of nerve cells and that helps avoid osteoporosis.
Naturally, the nut has a high fat content, especially monounsaturated. Therefore, nut is useful for atherosclerosis: it replaces “bad” cholesterol deposited on the walls of the blood vessels in the form of plates.
What effects have the pecan walnut on women?
It is very useful for women to consume a small amount of pecan nuts daily, which have the following effects on the body:
- Rejuvenating effect. Thanks to the vitamins and microelements that contain nuts, they increase the firmness and elasticity of the skin, and antioxidants reduce the aging rhythm. Walnuts can be used both internally and in masks (nuts and ground nuts are used);
- Hemoglobin levels increase. Pecan nuts can help avoid anemia associated with abundant menstruations;
- It decreases the amount of “bad” cholesterol in the blood, which helps avoid brain circulatory disorders and myocardial infarction;
- The necessary time to recover from prolonged disease or pregnancy is reduced;
- During breastfeeding, nuts increases the nutritional value of breast milk. In South America, where the pecana nut is a traditional crop, when a mother does not have milk, feeds it with pecan nuts until breastfeeding is restored and a mixture of water and crushed nuts is given to the baby. Of course, this should not be done now, but the beneficial properties of Pacanas for pregnant women and infant mothers are not in doubt even among the representatives of official medicine;
- Vitamin E, contained in large quantities in the grains, normalizes the menstrual cycle and helps to become pregnant. It also improves the quality of the skin, hair and nails;
- Nut helps cope with the effects of stress and chronic fatigue syndrome. It is useful in case of serious emotional stress and even in case of depression;
- Eating pacanas regularly can help prevent osteoporosis (bone thinning), which is the cause of fractures in women who pass through menopause;
- Pecana nut improves memory and stimulates cognitive processes – very important for people with ag e-related neurological changes;
- Pecana nut helps relieve constipation thanks to its dietary fiber;
- The nut has the ability to gently reduce blood pressure, so it is an excellent prevention of strokes.
Indications of use
The use of nuts for the following pathologies is recommended
- All types of anemia. The nut is a source of iron and folic acid, which together can quickly improve the values of red blood cells;
- Reproductive system disorders;
- Atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease;
- liver diseases;
- Ocular diseases
After serious diseases, Pacana helps to recover quickly, not only because of vitamins, amino acids and trace elements that compose it, but also for the property of increasing appetite.
The Pacano can not only be used in food. Nut oil has excellent effects on skin and hair.
For culinary use
Pacanas can be considered a dry versatile fruit that can be used alone or added to salads or cage. It is a great addition to the taste of meat, fish and mushroom dishes. You can decorate a plate of cheese with the grains or add them to a soup to give it a spicy flavor.
It can grind the pacanas with coffee beans to obtain a unique and slightly sweet nut.
The following dishes can be prepared with pecan walnuts at home:
- cookies. 100 grams of pecan walnuts are chopped well, mixed with 100 grams of butter and half a cup of flour. A cup of flour is added to the mixture. Flour should be added gently: the dough should not be too thick. You can also add some cinnamon or vanilla. Form small breads with the dough, place them on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown;
- salad. Mix 100 grams of pecan walnuts with finely chopped celery, add boiled chicken breast (150-200 grams) and the same amount of grapes. Distress the salad with olive oil. To give a spicy touch you can add a couple of lemon juices.
People who want to lose weight should limit the amount of pecan walnuts in the diet due to their high caloric content. In addition, pacanas increase appetite, which can cause rapid weight gain.
A diet that includes pacanas should limit other foods containing fat and bakery products.
If the diet is aimed at gaining weight, for example, when recovering from a serious illness and a pronounced weight deficit, Pacanas, on the contrary, are indicated in an amount of 20-25 nuts per day.
In popular medicine
In popular medicine, nuts are used to prevent hypertension, diabetes and atherosclerosis. The daily use of 10-15 grains is recommended. It must be done in the morning, so that the caloric nut becomes totally into energy.
Nut oil is used to treat burns, wounds and insect bites.
Pecana nut is famous for its high vitamin E content, a “beauty vitamin” that quickly improves skin and hair. The oil can be added to facial creams and capillaries and other products.
Oil can also be used pure, applied to the skin or hair. This method is only suitable for women who have rather dry skin. Otherwise, oil can cause rashes and increase sebum production.
The oil can be rubbed on the nail and cuticle plate. It will help prevent the nails from giving and break and improve their growth.
Nut oil can be used to improve skin status with the following recipes:
- Two grains are crushed, a pinch of starch, an egg yolk and a teaspoon of honey. If the skin tends to be fat, you can replace the yolk with egg white. The mask is mixed until it is homogeneous and applied to the face and neck for 20-25 minutes. Then you have to carefully wash the mask and clean the face with a tonic;
- Facial exfoliant. Crush the melon or banana pulp until a soft consistency is obtained. Mix a spoonful of pulp with two ground nuts in a coffee grinder. Massage the face and neck well with the resulting exfoliant. After massage, the exfoliant can leave for 10-15 minutes as a nutritious and toning mask.
How many nuts a day should eat a woman
The pecan nuts are very caloric: the caloric value of 100 grams of nuts is 670 kcal. No more than 15 nuts a day should be consumed, unless there is a need to increase body weight.
Particularities of its consumption during pregnancy
Although pecan walnuts are beneficial for the body during pregnancy, they should be used very carefully. This dry fruit can cause an allergic reaction, which will harm both the baby and the future mother.
How many nuts a day a woman who expects a child? Dietitians advise to eat a dry fruit per day, carefully watching the organism’s reaction. During pregnancy the risk of allergies increases, so if it is experienced, difficulty breathing or worsening of health, it is recommended to stop eating nuts.
Nuts are the main competitor of meat dishes in protein content. If a woman for some reason cannot eat meat, for example if she is vegetarian, she can increase the amount of nuts she eats 3-5 a day. Of course, you should previously consult your pregnancy doctor. Excessive nut consumption can cause weight gain or allergies.
Pacanas should not be consumed in the following cases
- Allergy. To check if it is allergic, start eating pecan nuts with half grain a day. If you experience cutaneous eruptions, headaches, general discomfort and other signs of allergy, you should stop consuming pecan nuts;
- obesity. As already mentioned, nuts are extremely caloric, so if a person follows a strict diet, they must renounce them;
- Chronic liver diseases, pancreas and gallbladder. Nuts are quite heavy foods, so they can cause the exacerbation of pancreatitis and cholecystitis.
Peculiarities of the choice and conservation of nuts
Pacanas are quite difficult to keep during transport. They must be stored in a hermetic container in the freezer and not be stored for more than six months. Eating expired pacanas is not a good idea, since it can cause severe poisoning. Therefore, attention must be paid to the expiration date when choosing the Pacanas.
Good quality pacanas have a light brown color and a bright shell. The shell should not be damaged.
The taste must be pleasantly sweet. You can ask the seller for a sample of a nut to judge its flavor. Do not be shy: Pacanas are quite expensive, so it runs the risk of spending a lot of money on a poor quality product.
Pacanas must be stored in a glass container with the lid well closed. Pacanas quickly absorb smells and must be stored separately from other products. Pacanas must be kept in the refrigerator.
If a bitter taste appears, the nut must be discarded, since this indicates that the oils of the grains have become rancids.
The pecan walnuts, whose benefits and damages for women are described in the article, will be a great addition to your diet. With your moderate consumption, you can avoid many health problems: atherosclerosis, avitaminosis, hypertension, etc. Pacanas can replace multivitamin complex expensive and improve the status of the skin and hair, as well as delay aging. The important thing is to remember that only 5-6 nuts a day are enough, otherwise it could be overweight.