The corn semolina is a useful product, with which not only nutritious dishes can be prepared, but also delicious. Experienced housewives know that it can be used not only to make porridge, but also as a base for soups, cakes, especially popular Romanian Mamaliga recipe.
The value of the corn semolina is that it is in the list of allowed products for many diseases, but in these cases there are peculiarities of its use.
Composition and calories of corn semolina per 100 grams
Corn porridge are crushed corn grains rich in fiber, a valuable substance for the human body that cleans the intestines. Gachas also contain other useful components
- vegetable dietary fibers;
- Vitamins of different groups: A, B, C, E, K, P;
- Antioxidants, which have a beneficial effect on brain function and normalize hemoglobin levels;
- Silicon, which strengthens teeth.
The following table shows calories per 100 grams of porridge and their chemical composition:
|Quantity per 100 g|
|Total calories||328 kcal|
|Proteins||8. 3 г|
|Fats||1. 2 г|
|Useful food fiber||4. 8 г|
PROPERTIES OF CORN GACHAS
The constant presence of corn porridge in the diet helps to reinforce immunity. Vitamins and other beneficial components contribute to increasing body defenses. Other beneficial properties of the product are:
- reinforce the work of the cardiovascular system
- prevent the risk of cardiopathies related to age;
- Improve the work of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Acceleration of the elimination of toxins, waste and other “waste” of the organism;
- Acceleration of metabolism;
- Improvement of the skin, hair, nails and teeth.
The benefits of
Corn porridge, whose benefits and damages are manifested differently for women and men, have their own consumption characteristics. Although in general it is useful for representatives of both sexes, in each case their distinctive properties appear.
For women and men
Women especially appreciate the benefits of oats in the fight against overweight. It helps accelerate metabolic processes, so foods are digested, decomposed and eliminated from the body more quickly. The low caloric content of the product makes it appropriate to lose weight.
The value of cereals for men lies in the fact that they prevent the development of myocardial infarctions, strokes and other diseases of the cardiovascular system, to which, according to statistics, men over 40 years are more prone. In addition, this figure is “younger and younger”, so it is recommended to take care of the heart from an early age.
For older people
Answering the question of whether corn porridge are useful for adults and the elderly, doctors pay attention to a widespread problem: the increase in cholesterol. Cholesterol plates are deposited in the walls of blood vessels and arteries, blocking blood flow and increasing thrombosis thrombosis.
Corn, including chopped corn, favors the cleaning of blood vessels and arteries. By increasing their lumen, blood flow is normalized and the development of diseases such as atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction and stroke is prevented.
Possible damage and contraindications
The only contraindication for the use of granons is an individual intolerance to corn. It occurs very rare. Sometimes, the damages of the intake of corn semolina are associated with the appearance of discomfort in the abdominal zone. This is due to the increase in intestinal peristalsism. In such cases, the amount of porridge in the diet will have to be reduced slightly.
How to correctly cook oatmeal
Corn porridge are easy to cook, so many housewives keep them as a reserve to, if necessary, to quickly prepare a healthy dish for the whole family. The product is so versatile that porridge can be both salty and sweet: it is enough to adjust the amount of spices that are added. The cooking time depends on the grinding: the finer, the faster the porridge will be cooked. On average, the entire process will last between 20 and 35 minutes.
This gachas recipe is the easiest to prepare with water and requires
- 1 cup of granons;
- 2-2. 5 cups of water;
- 100 g of butter;
- salt to taste.
The exact amount of water is impossible to specify; It is added little by little, as much as the grains “absorb”. 2 cups of water are taken, after boiling, the granons are added, it is carried again, the fire is lowered to the minimum and is saused. If the liquid is absorbed but the porridge are soaked, add more water little by little. When they are ready, remove from heat, add the butter and remove.
To prepare corn pumps with milk you will need
- 80 g of gachas (a ration for an adult);
- 300 ml of milk;
- 200 ml of water;
- salt, sugar and butter to taste.
Once the water and milk have come to a boil, pour the semolina in the pot, remunerate it and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Next, stir again, adding some milk/water if necessary. When the porridge are ready, remove from heat and add the butter.
Prepare corn porridge in multicooker
If you can’t get in front of a pot and remove the porridge all the time, you can cook them in a multicooker. You can use recipes with water and milk. To prepare the porridge, just with
- Pour the oatmeal in the multicooker bowl, pour water (the proportion is taken from the previous recipes);
- add salt;
- Select the “Gachas” mode (depending on the multicooker, usually 30-40 minutes);
- Once the time has elapsed, try the plate; If you are not cooked sufficiently, leave it in “heat” mode for 20-30 minutes;
- Pass the dish to plates or casserole and add the butter.
Corn gachas recipes
Corn porridge can be used in combination with meat and vegetable dishes. The corn flakes can be used in pastry, for example, buns are delicious. It can be used for both salty and sweet dishes. To sweet dishes you can add fruit, nuts, pumpkin or honey. In our area, grated corn is used more often as a basis of no n-sweet dishes.
Corn semolina soup with mushrooms
A popular recipe is the soup with mushroom addition. It is often present in the diet of vegetarians, because the corn semolina gives a feeling of satiety, so the dish is nutritious, even without the presence of meat in the composition. To make a 3-liter pot that needs:
- Take 400 g of mushrooms, wash them, cut them into slices, but not very thin. Jump them in butter for 5 minutes, splash them. Remove from the fire.
- Peel 3 large potatoes, cut them into dice, put them in a pot, pour water and put on the fire.
- At the same time, prepare the roast: fry 1 large grated carrot and chopped onion in butter.
- When the water is boiling, add 100 g of corn semolina to the potatoes. After 15 minutes, add the mushrooms and fried potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the herbs for a minute before turning off.
Chicken soup with noodles
Another usual recipe is chicken soup with corn semolina. It is better to use chicken fillet, since it is the most lean part of the bird. To prepare a 3-liter pot you need
- Take an entire steak, wash it, remove your veins and cut it into dice. Put it in a pot, pour water and put it on the fire.
- Wash the potatoes, cut them in dice.
- Prepare the roast: fry in butter 1 grated carrot and chopped onion.
- When the broth is boiling, add the potatoes and 100 g of cornmeal.
- After 15 minutes, incorporate roast and salt and pepper.
- Add the herbs for a minute before turning off.
Tortillas with cornflakes.
This dish is called “Mchadi”. Even beginners will be able to do it:
- Take 2 finely ground corn semolina cups. If you have it thick, you can grind it in a coffee grinder.
- Add 500 ml of milk mixed with 200 ml of water, 75 g of softened butter, 0. 5 teaspoons of sugar and a pinch of salt. Knead the dough.
- Form balls of the size of the palm of the hand. Moisten your hands with water.
- Heat a pan and add sunflower oil. Fry the tortillas for 3 minutes on each side.
Serve hot tortillas, preferably with sour cream.
Peculiarities of eating corn porridge
It is difficult to overestimate the benefits of corn porridge for the human body, however, in the presence of certain diseases of the digestive system must be consumed, observing some rules. Below is a list of the most common ailments.
With gastritis, corn porridge are not only prohibited, but are recommended. Its regular consumption helps to restore the affected mucosa of the stomach. It is one of the few products that reduce inflammation.
It is especially useful in cases of hyperacidity; The useful components of oats help eliminate radionuclides. Its valuable component, fiber, accelerates the reduction of painful sensations. In case of gastritis, the daily consumption of this cereal is recommended. If gastritis is diagnosed in a child, you can prepare various grana l-based desserts.
In severe pancreatitis, when purulent inflammation affects many gastrointestinal organs, the diet is individually selected by the treating doctor. At first all cereals can be contraindicated.
When corn porridge are on the allowed food list, they must be prepared in a special way. It is better to drink water as a base, not milk. The prepared dish must be liquid: instead of 2-2. 5 cups of water for 1 cup of porridge, you have to take 3. In addition, it must be at room temperature, neither too cold nor too hot.
If diabetes is suffered, corn semolina is rarely allowed, only without added sugar. It is not recommended to eat it more than once a week. This is due to its high percentage of glycemic index. Nor are recipes with pumpkin, nuts and other sweet ingredients recommend.
How to choose and conserve corn semolina
There are different types of semolina, and the choice depends on the recipe to be used. In soups, it is better to use fine semolina, and also in pastry. Each type of semolina has its own characteristics:
- Thick. It is the most useful for cleaning intestines, for other gastrointestinal problems. It is the slowest to prepare.
- Half. Easier and faster to prepare – it is cooked up to 25-30 minutes.
- Half. It is used for rapid cooking, in some recipes the granons are simply poured with boiling water. If it is boiled over low heat – no more than 10-15 minutes. However, the value of the useful components is reduced.
Stored in a tightly closed container, preferably glass. After opening the bag it is desirable to use the product for 1 month, after the taste and useful properties are lost.
The corn semolina is a treasure of useful components, valuable for the human organism. It practically has no contraindications and is suitable for infant feeding. There are many recipes based on him, among which every housewife will find an adequate for herself.