According to researchers, humanity became familiar with cow’s milk 7, 000 years ago. In recent years, the debate in this regard has not ceased in medical circles. Most experts claim that milk is a useful product, and that it is harmful to certain people due to the agency’s peculiarities.
To understand why milk is good for women, let’s see their chemical composition and properties. Let’s clarify how much you can drink up to date. Who should refrain from your consumption. In what diseases it is useful.
Calories and composition of cow’s milk
The most popular type of milk is the one obtained from the cows. Its composition varies depending on the breeding area, animal race, diet. The general characteristic is that it is composed of 87% water and 13% dry matter. Nutritional value of 100 grams of milk
- Proteins 3. 3 g
- Fats 2. 1 g
- Carbohydrates 4. 9 g
- ashes 0. 70 g
- sugars 5 g; 5 mg cholesterol;
- cholesterol 5 g.
The Glycemic Milk Index 35 is considered low. However, its dishes have different values depending on additives. A glass of milk replenishes the daily ration of micronutrients and vitamins of a person. The amounts are indicated in the following table.
|Content in 100 grams of milk|
|B1 (thiamine)||0. 1 mg||Magnesium||10. 9 mg|
|B2 (Riboflavina)||0. 21 mg||Calcium||122 mg|
|B4 (hill)||16 mg||Match||92. 5 mg|
|C (ascorbic acid)||0. 2 mg||Selenium||2. 7 micrograms|
|B12 (cyanocobalamin)||0. 5 micrograms||Fluorine||3. 6 micrograms|
|D (Coleciferol)||0. 05 micrograms||Zinc||0. 6 micrograms|
|B9 (folic acid)||5 micrograms||Potassium||143 g|
|B5 (Pantotenic acid)||0. 39 mg||Chlorine||110 mg|
|B3 (nicotinamide)||0. 13 mg||Sulfur||28 mg|
|K||0. 22 mg||Chrome||2 mcg|
|A (Retinol)||27 µg||Molybdenum||4. 8 micrograms|
|Betacarotene||7 micrograms||Cobalt||0. 9 micrograms|
|H (biotin)||3. 3 micrograms|
Cow’s milk contains amino acids, the most important of which they are
- Tryptophan is necessary for the formation of serotonin and nicotinic acid. Its deficiency in the body leads to the development of diabetes, tuberculosis.
- Lysine affects hematopoiesis. Its deficiency shows a decrease in hemoglobin.
- Metionine regulates the metabolism of fats, reduces the risk of liver diseases.
Cow’s milk is rich in enzymes: amylase, lipase, catalase. It contains a lot of reductase, peroxidase, phosphatase. Lactose sugar is present. It is less sweet than fruit milk, but easier to digest.
Milk properties for women
Cow’s milk is an important part of the human diet. Nutritionists consider it a food, not a drink. In ancient times, women used cow’s milk to stay young and beautiful. The benefits and properties of milk for the female body are due to its composition:
- Antioxidants fight free radicals, prolonging the youth of the skin and the organism as a whole. Its components hydrate and nourish the epidermis. It helps eliminate acne and pustules. Thanks to its complex effect, the face acquires a pink brightness. For the skin to shine for a long time, it is useful to take 1 or 2 glasses of liquid per day. Women can benefit from milk baths for body beauty.
- It relieves premenstrual syndrome and reduces abdominal pain.
- A lot of calcium keeps teeth strong. Women who drink cow’s milk daily are less likely to go to the dentist.
- Group B vitamins have a sedative effect. A cup of hot milk at bedtime favors a quick dream.
- For women after 40, milk is useful because it contains a large number of minerals. Magnesium and calcium delay the development of osteoporosis for a long time. The bones remain strong at the beginning of menopause. Thanks to the woman she is not subject to fractures.
Proteins, which help increase muscle mass, are useful for human being. In terms of nutritional value and digestibility, milk protein exceeds its counterparts of plant origin, meat and fish. That is why it is useful to consume it in certain amounts for women who practice sports.
Milk fats are the main source of energy for human being. Float in the form of balls. After settling, they form a layer of cream and, when beating them, they become butter. They concentrate vitamin and mineral complexes.
The product is enriched with calcium and phosphorus salts. Minerals strengthen women’s bone system. Nutritionists advise consuming the product regularly to prevent osteoporosis.
Damages and contraindications
Despite its great benefits, milk is not indicated for everyone. And for some women, it is even contraindicated:
- If the body has deficiency of the lactase enzyme, which serves to digest milk sugar;
- tendency to be allergic to milk proteins;
- Milk is harmful to women prone to the deposition of calcium salts in blood vessels;
- When there are phosphate calculations in the kidneys.
The harmful properties of milk do not appear in all people, but only in the category of women indicated. It is important to take a reasonable amount of milk for health.
How to choose milk when buying it
The healthiest milk for women and men is steamed milk. The inhabitants of the cities do not have access to it. When you buy it in a store or in the market, respect the rules:
- When you buy in a store, study the label. Pay attention to the expiration date. Expired liquids contain bacteria and can cause poisoning. Choose pasteurized milk in factory. It contains the maximum amount of valuable substances. The milk that has been boiled for a long time above 250 ° C is packaged in paper cards. The vitamins and nutrients containing have been destroyed.
- When buying in the market, you cannot be sure of the owner’s purity or the animal’s health. The cows must be inspected by a veterinarian twice a year.
- Do not buy a product called dairy drink. It is made of dry mixtures that are not good for women.
For greater security, boil the milk you buy from any source.
Cow’s milk has many health benefits if the tips are followed:
- It is better to take it 1-1. 5 hours before meals in small sips. Foods taken with milk are digested badly.
- Do not drink it immediately after a meal.
- A glass of hot milk one hour before bed will help you sleep faster.
According to nutritionists, the daily norm is 500-700 ml. It is harmful to take more than this amount. Any benefit that comes out of moderation becomes detrimental.
During pregnancy, women need greater amounts of calcium, vitamins and trace elements. These components are essential for the formation of the baby’s skeleton. They replenish the supply of calcium in the bones, teeth of the woman. Milk is the same product that will provide the mother and child with a complete range of these substances.
Cow’s milk is a source of animal proteins: the basic components of baby’s tissues. Milk sugar provides energy to the baby. The baby grows rapidly because it receives the right amount of nutrients. In addition, milk reinforces the weakened immune system of the mother. The mother’s body replenishes with substances that are transmitted to the baby.
When you lose weight
Women who want to lose weight, nutritionists recommend including milk in their diet. It is a very effective way to reduce hunger. The calcium of its composition helps reduce body fat. Linoleic acids block the fat tank in the hips. For your information. Women who follow the milk diet, lose weight faster.
In case of disease
The low glycemic index of cow’s milk 35 allows it to be taken freely for type 1 and 2 diabetes. However, the fat content of the product should be between 1-2%. Women over 50 should preferably take fermented milk products – ryazhenka, kefir.
In case of pancreatitis
Inflammation of the pancreas in remission is not an obstacle to the consumption of cow’s milk only 1% fat content. A more concentrated counterpart can be drunk after diluting it with water. On its basis it is allowed to prepare porridge, cereal soups and tortillas. All foods are prohibited during the exacerbation.
Fresh cow’s milk is an excellent treatment for gastritis with hyperacidity. It does not affect the secretion of juices. Helps relieve heartburn. The main thing is not to overdo it. It is good to drink 1-2 glasses a day.
Sore throats and sore throats are common during outbreaks of seasonal infections. Warm milk with 1 teaspoon of soda and honey can help relieve pain. A slight diuretic effect can help lower the temperature. Important: Cow’s milk contains antibodies capable of fighting pathogens. It is useful to drink tea with milk when you have a cold.
The most proven cough recipe is cow’s milk with the addition of sodium bicarbonate. The hot drink dilates the blood vessels in the trachea and pharynx. It favors the expectoration of sputum. The fat in its composition softens the irritated mucous epithelium. Reduces inflammation of the throat. The usefulness of the drink is enhanced by the addition of honey. A good result is obtained by drinking it before going to bed.
for sore throat
Warm milk is the number one home remedy for tonsillitis. This polydisperse liquid has many advantages. Milk is an excellent biostimulant. Contains minerals, ascorbic acid and fatty acids. It has bactericidal and anti-inflammatory properties. Promotes tissue regeneration. Using warm milk for a sore throat relieves pain and speeds recovery.
Sore throat caused by loss of voice, barking cough. In addition to medicines, a traditional healing method can be used at home. Warm milk and a teaspoon of honey can restore the voice. Relieves sore throat. Milk should be taken three times a day, 100 ml in small sips.
Bicarbonate cow’s milk helps liquefy the sputum, facilitating its expectoration for the trachea. The mixture fat softens the inflamed mucous epithelium and reduces throat swelling. Proteins favor tissue regeneration. Milk relieves chest spasms and facilitates breathing. Take a therapeutic drink with bicarbonate three times a day, half a glass of small sips.
For chronic rhinorrhea.
Cow’s milk contains 25 types of proteins. Some of them can cause allergies in sensitive people. The reaction is manifested by vasomotor rhinitis.
Otolaryngologists believe that nasal drip after drinking milk is indirectly caused by lactose. This sugar feeds throat bacteria. The multiplication of germs stimulates the formation of mucus in the nose.
What can be combined
It is useful to combine milk with berries, nuts and fruit. You can prepare mousses, puddings and kissels. Beneficial use of milk pimples. Cereals are cooked first in water. Towards the end of cooking, the milk is added. You have to add sugar and butter to improve the flavor and caloric value of the porridge.
Do not combine milk with fish, sausages or precooked products.
The cow’s milk squeezed in a glass container maintains its useful qualities if stored in the refrigerator 2 days, and boiled milk – no more than 3 days.
The storage time is lower than room temperature. The fresh product can be kept for 10 hours, but boiled for 18 hours. After this time, fermentation begins.
Conservation time is extended by freezing. Ice cubes have no time limit for consumption. In Siberia, milk is sold in the market in the form of frozen breads. After defrosting, the taste and organoleptic properties of the product remain the same.
In Tetra Packs, the liquid preserves more time. The date until which can be consumed is in the container. The quality of the milk depends on the way it is supplied and the conditions of the point of sale.
Milk is a healthy and tasty food and a natural stimulant that favors human health. When reinforcing the immune system, it prevents diseases. That is why milk must be included in the women’s diet.