If you are looking for a delicious and nutritious breakfast or snack option, look no further than this amazing Bran Muffin Recipe with Raisins. These muffins are packed with fiber and flavor, making them a perfect way to start your day or satisfy your sweet tooth.
Made with wholesome ingredients like bran cereal, whole wheat flour, and raisins, these muffins are not only tasty but also good for you. The bran cereal provides the muffins with a rich source of dietary fiber, while the whole wheat flour adds a nutty flavor and additional nutrients. The raisins provide a natural sweetness and a chewy texture, making each bite a delight.
Here is a simple recipe for these delicious Bran Muffins with Raisins:
- 1 cup bran cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
To make the muffins, start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C) and greasing a muffin tin. In a large bowl, combine the bran cereal and milk, and let it sit for a few minutes until the cereal softens. Then add the vegetable oil, honey, and egg, and mix well.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Then fold in the raisins.
|1 cup bran cereal||Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a muffin tin.|
|1 cup milk||In a large bowl, combine the bran cereal and milk, and let it sit for a few minutes until the cereal softens.|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil||Add the vegetable oil, honey, and egg to the cereal mixture, and mix well.|
|1/4 cup honey||In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.|
|1 egg||Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.|
|1 cup whole wheat flour||Fold in the raisins.|
|1 teaspoon baking powder||Spoon the batter into the greased muffin tin, filling each cup about 3/4 full.|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda||Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes in the tin, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.|
|1/2 teaspoon salt||Serve and enjoy!|
|1/2 cup raisins|
Ingredients for Bran Muffins with Raisins
- Bran: This recipe calls for 1 cup of wheat bran, which gives the muffins a hearty texture and adds fiber to your diet.
- All-Purpose Flour: You will need 1 cup of all-purpose flour to provide structure and a lightness to the muffins.
- Buttermilk: Adding 1/2 cup of buttermilk to the batter helps to create a tender and moist texture.
- Granulated Sugar: To sweeten the muffins, use 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Vegetable Oil: Adding 1/3 cup of vegetable oil contributes to the muffins’ moistness and provides a subtle flavor.
- Eggs: You will need 2 large eggs to bind the ingredients together and add richness to the muffins.
- Raisins: For a burst of sweetness, incorporate 1/2 cup of raisins into the batter. They also add a chewy texture to the muffins.
- Vanilla Extract: Adding 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor of the muffins.
- Baking Powder: Use 1 teaspoon of baking powder to help the muffins rise and achieve a fluffy texture.
- Baking Soda: To help the muffins brown and develop a nice crust, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Salt: A pinch of salt, around 1/2 teaspoon, is needed to balance out the flavors.
Note: You can also add optional ingredients like chopped nuts, cinnamon, or other spices to customize your bran muffins with raisins according to your taste.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Bran Muffins with Raisins
- 1 ½ cups of bran flakes cereal
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of raisins
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the bran flakes cereal and milk. Let it sit for about 10 minutes to soften the cereal.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the brown sugar, vegetable oil, and egg to the cereal mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the raisins until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These bran muffins with raisins are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, but they can also be stored in an airtight container for a few days. Whether you have them for breakfast or a mid-morning snack, these muffins will certainly satisfy your taste buds and keep you feeling satisfied until your next meal.