Cinnamon apples are a delicious and comforting dessert that can be enjoyed all year round. This classic dish combines the natural sweetness of apples with the warm and fragrant flavor of cinnamon. It’s a simple and versatile recipe that can be served on its own, over ice cream, or as a topping for pancakes or oatmeal. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert or a festive treat for a special occasion, cinnamon apples are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
To make cinnamon apples, you’ll need just a few basic ingredients: apples, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and lemon juice. The apples can be any variety you prefer, but tart or sweet-tart varieties like Granny Smith or Honeycrisp work particularly well in this recipe. When selecting your apples, look for ones that are firm and crisp without any bruises or blemishes. The sugar and cinnamon add sweetness and spice to the dish, while the butter adds richness and helps to create a caramel-like sauce. The lemon juice helps to balance the sweetness and adds a bright, tangy flavor to the apples.
For the Cinnamon Apples recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 medium-sized apples
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
You will be using 4 medium-sized apples for this recipe. Choose apples that are firm and crisp, such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Braeburn. The butter adds richness and flavor to the dish, while the brown sugar brings sweetness. The ground cinnamon and nutmeg provide warm and aromatic notes that complement the apples perfectly. Water is added to create a syrup-like sauce, and lemon juice adds a touch of tanginess. A pinch of salt enhances the flavors and balances out the sweetness of the dish.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Cinnamon Apples
To make delicious cinnamon apples, follow these simple steps:
- Peel and core the apples. Start by peeling the skin off the apples using a vegetable peeler. Once peeled, use a corer or a sharp knife to remove the cores of the apples.
- Slice the apples. Take the peeled and cored apples and cut them into thin slices. Aim for slices that are about 1/4 inch thick, as this will allow the apples to cook evenly and absorb the flavors of the cinnamon and sugar.
- Cook the apples with cinnamon and sugar. In a large skillet, melt some butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the apple slices to the skillet and sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar. Stir the apples occasionally to ensure even cooking and coating of the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the apples are tender and lightly caramelized.
That’s it! You now have a delicious batch of cinnamon apples ready to be enjoyed. Serve them as a topping for pancakes or oatmeal, or simply enjoy them on their own as a tasty and comforting snack.
Pro Tips From Professional Chefs for Making Cinnamon Apples
If you want to create the perfect cinnamon apples, follow these pro tips from professional chefs:
- Choose the right type of apple. Certain apple varieties work better for cinnamon apples due to their texture and flavor. Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Fuji apples are recommended for their firmness and ability to hold up during cooking. Avoid using apples that are too soft or mushy.
- Prep your apples properly. Before slicing your apples, make sure to wash and dry them thoroughly. If you prefer the skin on, you can leave it intact or peel it off for a softer texture. Removing the core and seeds is essential for easy and enjoyable eating.
- Adjust the level of sweetness. The amount of sugar or sweetener needed for your cinnamon apples depends on personal taste preference and the natural sweetness of the chosen apple variety. It’s always better to start with less and add more if needed. Remember, you can also balance the sweetness with a squeeze of lemon juice or a pinch of salt.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating delicious cinnamon apples that are sure to impress your friends and family!
Wow, these cinnamon apples were absolutely delicious! I decided to make them for a cozy fall dessert, and they turned out perfect. The recipe was simple and easy to follow, which was great since I’m not the most experienced cook. The combination of the sweet and tart apples with the warm cinnamon flavor was heavenly.
First, I peeled and sliced the apples, and then I melted some butter in a skillet. I added the apples to the skillet and cooked them until they were tender. Then, I sprinkled on a generous amount of cinnamon and sugar and let it simmer for a few more minutes. The smell of cinnamon filled my kitchen, and I couldn’t wait to give them a try.
When I finally sat down to taste the cinnamon apples, I was blown away. The apples were soft and tender, and the cinnamon sugar coating added the perfect touch of sweetness. I decided to serve them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and it was pure heaven. The combination of the warm apples and cold ice cream was a match made in heaven.
I can’t wait to make these cinnamon apples again. They were the perfect fall dessert and would be great for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a comforting dessert after a long day or a special treat to impress your guests, these cinnamon apples are sure to be a hit!
Wow, I must say that the Cinnamon Apples recipe was absolutely amazing! As a fan of apples and cinnamon, this dish exceeded my expectations. The combination of the sweet and tart apples with the warm and comforting flavor of cinnamon was simply divine.
I followed the recipe exactly and it was very easy to make. The instructions were clear and concise, and the ingredients were readily available in my pantry. I loved how the apples were cooked until they were soft and tender, but still had a slight crispness to them. The cinnamon added a perfect amount of warmth and spice, making the apples incredibly flavorful.
Not only did this dish taste incredible, but it also made my kitchen smell like a cozy autumn paradise. The aroma of cinnamon filled the air, creating an inviting and comforting atmosphere. It was the perfect treat to enjoy on a chilly fall evening.
I highly recommend trying the Cinnamon Apples recipe if you’re a fan of apples and cinnamon, or if you’re simply looking for a delicious and easy dessert idea. It’s a true delight for the taste buds and a wonderful way to enjoy the flavors of the season. I will definitely be making this recipe again!
I recently came across a recipe for Cinnamon Apples and I must say, it was absolutely delightful! As someone who loves apples and cinnamon, this recipe was perfect for me. The combination of the sweet, tart apples with the warm, comforting flavor of cinnamon was simply divine.
The recipe itself was surprisingly easy to follow. All I had to do was peel and slice the apples, then sauté them in a pan with butter, sugar, and cinnamon. The result was a fragrant and tender apple dish that was bursting with flavor. I especially loved how the cinnamon added a subtle, spicy kick to the sweetness of the apples.
I enjoyed the Cinnamon Apples on their own as a light and healthy snack, but they would also be delicious served alongside vanilla ice cream or as a topping for pancakes or oatmeal. The versatility of this recipe is definitely a plus!
In conclusion, if you’re a fan of apples and cinnamon like I am, I highly recommend trying out this recipe for Cinnamon Apples. It’s easy to make, full of flavor, and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. Whether you’re looking for a quick and tasty snack or a versatile dish to serve with breakfast or dessert, Cinnamon Apples are the way to go. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed!