If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that’s bursting with flavor, look no further than these Easy Garlic Citrus Chicken Fajitas. With just a handful of ingredients, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal on the table in no time.
The star of these fajitas is the tender and juicy chicken, marinated in a zesty blend of garlic and citrus. The bright flavors of lemon and orange complement the savory garlic, creating a marinade that infuses every bite with incredible taste. To make the marinade, simply combine minced garlic, lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl.
Once the chicken has had a chance to soak up all the flavors, it’s time to cook the fajitas. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it’s browned and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into strips. While the chicken is resting, sauté some bell peppers and onions until they’re soft and slightly caramelized.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- Tortillas, for serving
- Toppings of your choice (e.g. avocado, sour cream, salsa)
Once everything is cooked and ready, it’s time to assemble your fajitas. Warm up some tortillas and fill them with the sliced chicken, sautéed bell peppers and onions, and any other toppings you desire. The combination of the flavorful marinated chicken and the sweet and smoky peppers and onions is truly delicious. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can enjoy a restaurant-quality meal right in the comfort of your own home.
When making Easy Garlic Citrus Chicken Fajitas, you will need a variety of ingredients to create the delicious flavors. The ingredients include:
- Chicken breasts: You will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts as the main protein source for the fajitas.
- Garlic cloves: Fresh garlic cloves will add a strong, aromatic flavor to the dish.
- Limes: The juice of limes will provide a tangy and citrusy taste to complement the chicken.
- Oranges: The juice of oranges will add a subtle sweetness to balance out the other flavors.
- Onion: Sliced onions will add a savory and slightly sweet taste to the fajitas.
- Bell peppers: A combination of different colored bell peppers, such as red, green, and yellow, will add a vibrant and crunchy element to the dish.
- Olive oil: Olive oil will be used for sautéing the chicken and vegetables, adding a rich and smooth texture.
- Seasonings: Various seasonings such as cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper will be used to enhance the flavors of the fajitas.
- Tortillas: Flour tortillas will be used as the base for the fajitas, providing a soft and chewy texture.
- Garnishes: Optional garnishes such as chopped cilantro, sour cream, salsa, and guacamole can be added for extra flavor and freshness.
By combining these ingredients, you will be able to create a tasty and satisfying meal of Easy Garlic Citrus Chicken Fajitas.
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- Tortillas, for serving
- Optional toppings: salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
Once all the ingredients are ready, it is time to start preparing the chicken fajitas. First, season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and paprika. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Garlic, minced||3 cloves|
|Chili powder||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1/4 cup|
|Orange juice||1/4 cup|
|Bell pepper, sliced||1|
Next, add the seasoned chicken breasts to the skillet and cook until browned on each side, about 4-6 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside. In the same skillet, add sliced onion and bell pepper. Cook until softened and slightly charred, about 5-7 minutes.