Looking for a simple and delicious dessert idea? Try this easy butter roasted pears recipe! With just a few ingredients and minimal prep time, you can create a sweet and fragrant treat that will impress your family and friends. This recipe is perfect for those who enjoy the natural sweetness of pears and want to enhance their flavor with a touch of butter and spices.
To make butter roasted pears, you will need ripe pears, unsalted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). While the oven is preheating, cut the pears in half and remove the core using a spoon or melon baller. Place the pear halves cut side up in a baking dish or on a baking sheet.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until well combined. Drizzle the butter mixture over the pear halves, making sure each one is coated evenly. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and roast for about 20-25 minutes, or until the pears are tender and caramelized. Serve the butter roasted pears warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for a truly indulgent dessert experience.
How to Make Easy Butter Roasted Pears
To make easy butter roasted pears, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Then, peel and halve the pears, removing the cores with a spoon or melon baller. Place the pear halves in a baking dish cut side up.
In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Drizzle this mixture over the pear halves, ensuring that each one is coated evenly. You can also sprinkle some chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, on top for added texture and flavor.
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and place it in the preheated oven. Roast the pears for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender and caramelized. The butter and sugar will create a rich and sweet sauce that coats the pears and intensifies their natural sweetness.
Once the pears are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving. You can serve them warm or at room temperature, depending on your preference. The roasted pears can be enjoyed on their own or paired with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or a drizzle of caramel sauce for an indulgent treat.
- Pears: Choose ripe pears that are firm but slightly soft to the touch. You can use any variety of pears, such as Bartlett, Anjou, or Bosc.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter for this recipe. It adds richness and a creamy texture to the roasted pears.
- Honey: This natural sweetener enhances the flavor of the pears and adds a touch of sweetness. You can also use maple syrup as an alternative.
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon adds warmth and a hint of spice to the roasted pears.
- Vanilla extract: This ingredient adds a subtle vanilla flavor to the pears, enhancing their natural sweetness.
- Optional toppings: To make your roasted pears extra special, you can top them with chopped nuts (such as walnuts or pecans), a sprinkle of brown sugar, or a dollop of whipped cream.
With these simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and comforting dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The combination of buttery pears, sweet honey, and warm spices creates a delightful flavor that will surely satisfy your taste buds.
- 4 ripe pears
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the pears and cut them in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and core, creating a hollow in each pear half.
- Place the pear halves on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt until well combined.
- Brush the butter mixture generously over the cut side of each pear half. Reserve some of the mixture for later.
- Bake the pears in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly caramelized.
- Remove the pears from the oven and brush them with the reserved butter mixture.
- Serve the butter roasted pears warm as a delicious dessert, either on their own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
These easy butter roasted pears make for a tasty and elegant dessert option. The combination of the buttery glaze, brown sugar, and cinnamon adds a rich and aromatic flavor to the juicy pears. Enjoy them straight out of the oven for a comforting treat or serve them at a dinner party for a sophisticated dessert.
Tips and Variations for Butter Roasted Pears
- Select the Right Pears: Choose pears that are ripe but firm. Varieties like Anjou, Bosc, or Bartlett work well for roasting.
- Prevent Browning: To prevent the pears from browning before cooking, you can sprinkle them with lemon juice or submerge them in a mixture of lemon juice and water for a few minutes.
- Adjust the Sweetness: If you prefer a sweeter flavor, you can sprinkle the pears with a bit of brown sugar or drizzle them with honey before roasting.
- Experiment with Spices: Add warmth and depth to your roasted pears by incorporating spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom. Sprinkle the spices on top of the pears before roasting, or mix them with melted butter and brush the mixture onto the pears.
- Roasting Time: The roasting time can vary depending on the size and ripeness of the pears. Keep an eye on them and adjust the cooking time accordingly. The pears are ready when they are tender and golden brown.
- Add a Crunchy Topping: For some added texture, you can top the roasted pears with crushed nuts, such as walnuts or pecans. Simply sprinkle the nuts on top before serving.
- Serve with Ice Cream or Whipped Cream: Butter roasted pears are delicious on their own, but you can elevate them further by serving them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. The creamy and cold elements pair wonderfully with the warm and buttery pears.
- Drizzle with Caramel Sauce: For an extra touch of indulgence, you can drizzle the roasted pears with caramel sauce. The sweet and sticky sauce complements the natural sweetness of the pears.
- Pair with Cheese: To create a more sophisticated dessert, consider serving the butter roasted pears with a slice of creamy brie or a crumble of blue cheese. The combination of the sweet pears and savory cheese creates a delightful contrast of flavors.
By following these tips and trying out the variations, you can customize your butter roasted pears to your taste preferences and create a truly enjoyable dessert.