Granola is a delicious and nutritious breakfast option that can be made at home with just a few simple ingredients. One popular variation is honey almond granola, which combines the natural sweetness of honey with the crunch of almonds. This homemade version is not only healthier than store-bought granola, but it also allows you to customize the flavors and ingredients to your liking.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven: Start by preheating your oven to 325°F (165°C). This will ensure that your granola bakes evenly and becomes crispy.
2. Mix the dry ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, sliced almonds, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well to evenly distribute the ingredients.
3. Warm the wet ingredients: In a small saucepan, heat the honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract over low heat until melted and well combined.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients: Pour the warm honey mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well until everything is coated in the honey mixture.
5. Bake the granola: Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Make sure to spread it evenly to ensure even baking. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown and crispy.
6. Cool and store: Once the granola has cooled, you can break it into clusters or leave it as is. Store it in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Homemade honey almond granola is a versatile breakfast option that can be enjoyed on its own, with milk or yogurt, or as a topping for smoothie bowls or desserts. Not only is it delicious and satisfying, but it’s also packed with nutrients from the oats, almonds, and honey. Plus, making your own granola allows you to control the amount of sugar and other additives, making it a healthier choice. So why not give this homemade honey almond granola recipe a try and start your day off on a crunchy and flavorful note!
Benefits of Homemade Granola
- Wholesome Ingredients: Homemade granola is made with whole, natural ingredients such as oats, nuts, seeds, and dried fruits. These ingredients provide essential nutrients like fiber, protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- Controlled Sugar Content: By making your own granola, you can control the amount of sugar that goes into it. This is particularly beneficial for individuals who are trying to reduce their sugar intake or manage blood sugar levels.
- No Artificial Additives: Store-bought granola often contains artificial additives, preservatives, and flavorings. When you make granola at home, you can avoid these additives and enjoy a healthier, more natural product.
- Cost-Effective: Homemade granola is more cost-effective compared to store-bought options. Buying ingredients in bulk and making large batches can save you money in the long run.
In addition to these benefits, homemade granola allows for endless flavor combinations. You can add spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg, use different types of nuts and seeds, and experiment with various dried fruits. This versatility ensures that you never get bored with your granola and can create a flavor profile that you truly enjoy.