If you’re looking for a delicious and flavorful meal that is also low in carbs, then this Low Carb Jambalaya recipe is perfect for you. Jambalaya is a traditional Louisiana dish that is typically made with rice, sausage, chicken, and shrimp. However, in this low carb version, we substitute the rice with cauliflower rice to make it a keto-friendly option.
This Low Carb Jambalaya is packed with bold flavors and a nice mix of protein from the sausage, chicken, and shrimp. The cauliflower rice adds a nice texture and soaks up all the delicious spices and seasonings. It’s a hearty and satisfying dish that is sure to please everyone at the dinner table.
The low carb jambalaya recipe requires a variety of fresh and flavorful ingredients. Here is a list of the main ingredients:
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package of smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
These ingredients come together to create a delicious and satisfying low carb jambalaya. The chicken, shrimp, and smoked sausage provide a protein-packed base, while the veggies add crunch and flavor. The diced tomatoes add a pop of acidity, and the spices give the dish its signature Cajun taste. Using cauliflower rice instead of traditional rice keeps this recipe low in carbs, making it a great option for those following a low carb or keto diet.
Step-by-step instructions for making Low Carb Jambalaya
To make Low Carb Jambalaya, follow these simple steps:
- Gather Ingredients: Collect all the necessary ingredients, such as shrimp, chicken, sausage, cauliflower rice, bell peppers, onions, garlic, and spices.
- Prepare the Protein: Season the shrimp and chicken with your desired spices. In a large skillet or pot, cook the sausage until it is browned. Remove the sausage from the skillet and set it aside. In the same skillet, cook the shrimp and chicken until they are fully cooked. Remove the cooked protein from the skillet and set it aside.
- Sauté Vegetables: In the same skillet, sauté the bell peppers, onions, and garlic until they are tender and fragrant. This will help to enhance the flavor of the Jambalaya.
- Add Cauliflower Rice: Add the cauliflower rice to the skillet and cook it until it becomes slightly tender. Cauliflower rice is a low-carb substitute for traditional rice, making this dish low-carb friendly.
- Add Spices and Broth: Add the spices, such as paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, and bay leaves, to the skillet. Stir in the chicken or vegetable broth to create a flavorful base for the Jambalaya.
- Simmer: Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Add Protein: Stir in the cooked sausage, shrimp, and chicken to the skillet. This will add protein and a variety of flavors to the Jambalaya.
- Serve: Once everything is heated through, remove the skillet from the heat and serve the Low Carb Jambalaya hot. Garnish with fresh parsley or green onions, if desired.
By following these step-by-step instructions, you will be able to make a delicious and low-carb version of Jambalaya that is full of flavor and protein.
Tips from Professional Chefs for Low Carb Jambalaya
When preparing a low carb version of jambalaya, professional chefs suggest the following tips to achieve the perfect balance of flavors and textures:
- Choose the right proteins: Instead of the traditional combination of sausage, chicken, and shrimp, opt for leaner proteins such as chicken breast, turkey sausage, and seafood like scallops or white fish. This will help reduce the overall fat content without compromising on taste.
- Enhance the spices: To make up for the reduced sodium content typically found in low carb diets, increase the amount of herbs and spices in your jambalaya. A generous mixture of herbs like thyme, oregano, and paprika will add depth of flavor and aroma.
- Get creative with vegetables: Replace higher carb vegetables like bell peppers and onions with low carb alternatives such as zucchini, cauliflower, and celery. These will add crunch and texture to your jambalaya without spiking your carb intake.
Remember to adjust cooking times accordingly to ensure that all the proteins are properly cooked. Serve your low carb jambalaya with a side of cauliflower rice or sautéed spinach for a complete and satisfying meal that won’t derail your low carb diet!
The Low Carb Jambalaya recipe is a true gem for anyone following a low carb diet. As someone who is always looking for delicious and healthy meal options, I was thrilled to stumble upon this recipe. The combination of spicy flavors, tender chicken, and juicy shrimp was absolutely delightful.
What I loved most about this Low Carb Jambalaya is its versatility. I was able to easily customize the recipe to my liking by adding extra vegetables such as bell peppers and celery. The dish turned out to be incredibly flavorful and satisfying, without any unnecessary carbs or guilt. The use of cauliflower rice instead of regular rice was also a great alternative, adding a nice texture and keeping the dish low in carbs.
Another aspect that impressed me about this recipe is how quick and easy it is to prepare. In just under 30 minutes, I had a restaurant-worthy jambalaya ready to be enjoyed. The step-by-step instructions were clear and easy to follow, making the cooking process a breeze.
Overall, I highly recommend the Low Carb Jambalaya recipe for anyone looking to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal. It is a perfect choice for those following a low carb lifestyle or simply trying to incorporate more nutritious options into their diet. Give it a try, and you won’t be disappointed!
I recently had the pleasure of trying out the “Low Carb Jambalaya” recipe and I must say, I was impressed. As someone who follows a low-carb diet, finding flavorful dishes that fit my dietary restrictions can be a challenge, but this recipe exceeded my expectations.
The combination of tender chicken, succulent shrimp, and savory sausage made for a delicious and satisfying meal. The variety of spices used, such as paprika, cayenne pepper, and thyme, added a nice heat and depth of flavor without being overpowering. The addition of the holy trinity of Creole cooking – onions, bell peppers, and celery – provided a great base for the dish.
I really appreciated how easy this recipe was to prepare. With clear instructions and simple ingredients, I was able to have a flavorful and filling meal on the table in no time. The low-carb aspect of the dish was a bonus, as it allowed me to indulge in a classic Louisiana favorite without the guilt.
Overall, I highly recommend trying the “Low Carb Jambalaya” recipe. It’s a tasty and satisfying dish that fits perfectly into a low-carb lifestyle. Whether you’re following a specific diet or just looking for a delicious meal, this recipe is sure to impress.
I recently tried the Low Carb Jambalaya recipe and I must say, it exceeded my expectations. As someone who follows a low carb diet, finding flavorful and satisfying meals can be a challenge. But this recipe hit all the right notes. The combination of spices and ingredients created a delicious and robust flavor that kept me coming back for more.
What I loved most about this recipe was that it was easy to make and required minimal effort. The step-by-step instructions were clear and concise, making it a breeze to follow along. I appreciated the use of fresh vegetables and lean protein, such as shrimp and chicken, which added a healthy element to the dish.
The Low Carb Jambalaya was a perfect balance of flavors and textures. The sausage provided a smoky and slightly spicy kick, while the tomatoes and bell peppers added a refreshing sweetness. I also enjoyed the addition of cauliflower rice, which gave the dish a satisfying “rice-like” texture without the added carbs.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a low carb recipe that is packed with flavor, I highly recommend trying the Low Carb Jambalaya. It’s a satisfying and delicious meal that will not disappoint. Whether you’re following a low carb diet or simply looking to incorporate more nutritious meals into your routine, this recipe is a winner.